Akj Amrit Sanchaar?

Khalsa Fauji

although I had thought to myself that I wouldn't reply in this thread after giving the historical references, I am doing so to clear up some misinformation above.

In Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh's times, Singhs did naam abhyaas together. They used to do so at the dhaab (pond) which is the boundary between Narangval and Gujjarval. Bhai Sahib writes that the Singhs roared so loudly that the sound could be heard in both villages. One of Bhai Sahib's companions, Bhai Darshan Singh, was nicknamed GaRGuj because he was so loud. Once he began to do naam abhyaas and an English couple began to think that a lion was nearby. There is nothing wrong in doing loud naam abhyaas. At the same time, when someone's naam khanda begins to go automatically, it can be done completley silently as well, without anyone even being able to tell that naam abhyaas is happening.

One thing is worth mentioning and this is regarding Singhs in keertan. When GuruSahib gives some ras or blessings, we should try our best to control ourselves and not let anyone notice. The more we control ourselves, the more ras Guru Sahib will give. If we make a show, we show that we can't handle anymore. If we make a big show, it also can lead to haumai. So as Gursikhs have told me, try to keep things as gupt as possible in Sangat.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is my personal opinion and to me it is a factual. And no Naam Drir does not only mean Saas Graas, it means much much more than that. And having a debate on this topic on this forum is not enough. Only actually getting it can one experience it. Talk is cheap.

Talk is cheap?? you're sure doing alot of it....

besides, to say "talk is cheap" is pretty low, because then you're almost challenging people to take akj amrit (a term which i'm only using to show the "difference" for the purpose of this discussion..... so please no stupid immature backlashes on me for caling it "akj amrit")

therefore, what ssk says is in fact correct... go commit a kurehit, then take amrit again.... otherwise you're just CHEAPENING amrit.. you're making it sound like something you can jus go pick up at the grocery store... if it was, i'd go take amrit with akj, with ddt, with the nihangs, with sadhsangat (or dodra, whatever you wish) with all of em, cuz man..amrit tastes GOOD!

as far as naam dridh and stuff goes.... from what i've learnt talking to some akj singhs (see above, in reference to terming something "akj smoething"), the naam dridh 'ceremony' is what is different, and that it has no relation whatsoever to saas graas, and that suaaas suaas simran can be done by anyone... naam dridh, just like recieving gurmantar, are of no "physical" value... in the sense that you're not learninganything new... in naam dridh, you're still receving naam, it's just in a different fashion..

i'm SURE someone's gonna misunderstand what i said in my last paragraph, cuz i'm not sur ei worded it the best way possible.... hopefluly you guyus can kinda find what i maent

Guest SikhForLife

well i dont know much about this stuff.. but id like to say that if u didnt get naam dirdh from the panj payarey.. im sure GURU Ji will bless you with it as well..

i think Bhai Gurdaas ji talks about it in his Vaars where you receive the GuruMantr directly through meditation.. and i suppose you would also know how to recite as well

First i believe everybody here believes that NO amrit is different as long as they are approved by Akal Takht Sahib.

Taking amrit from particular jatha is wrong and you shouldn't have that kinda thinking when taking amrit. Take guru ka amrit from anywhere you want to. No amrit sanchar should compete with each other and never should "WE" have thinking.. "Oh, im taking amrit from them because i support them but i don't support that other jatha" If you have that thinking then in my views "you shouldn't be taking amrit at first place at all."

There's common trend of re-taking amrit because you feel like taking it again. If one didn't do any bujjaer khurreeits then i don't see any point on taking amrit again ?? I maybe wrong but retaking amrit again and again makes waheguroo jee think.. "Hey, you aren't doing good at all". For example, there's cali driving law that once you get three or more tickets within some periods of time, your license get revoked. Im sorry i shouldn't be comparing amrit with materialistic things but i think that example gives you idea that one shouldn't re-take or get pesh again and again unless one admit of doing the bujjear khureeiat.

Just my personal views.. pls do agree or disagree with it, i don't mind at all :umm:

First i believe everybody here believes that NO amrit is different as long as they are approved by Akal Takht Sahib.

Taking amrit from particular jatha is wrong and you shouldn't have that kinda thinking when taking amrit. Take guru ka amrit from anywhere you want to. No amrit sanchar should compete with each other and never should "WE" have thinking.. "Oh, im taking amrit from them because i support them but i don't support that other jatha" If you have that thinking then in my views "you shouldn't be taking amrit at first place at all."

There's common trend of re-taking amrit because you feel like taking it again. If one didn't do any bujjaer khurreeits then i don't see any point on taking amrit again ?? I maybe wrong but retaking amrit again and again makes waheguroo jee think.. "Hey, you aren't doing good at all". For example, there's cali driving law that once you get three or more tickets within some periods of time, your license get revoked. Im sorry i shouldn't be comparing amrit with materialistic things but i think that example gives you idea that one shouldn't re-take or get pesh again and again unless one admit of doing the bujjear khureeiat.

Just my personal views.. pls do agree or disagree with it, i don't mind at all :umm:

85971[/snapback]

:TH: Agreed!

:T: Khalsa Ji, Talking about taking AMRIT, right...Talk about the source of it as long as the source is PANJ PIYARE it doesn't matter what religious organization they belong to. Secondly, never say I did cuaze everything is happening in the will of Akal Purkh waheguru.

So, whoever say they took amrit from flaaan..flannn derrra they are spreading discrimination among sikh brotherns as I don't know how would one differentiate AMRIT of one Jatha from another...AMRIT is AMRIT, it is the distributed without any discrimination to SANGAT.

Let us clear our brains from all this manmukh galaan and seek ways to get one with AKAL PURKH WAHEGURU...

Bhulle Chukh Muaffah Kardeyo Sangtooo bus japoo Satnam Wahegurooo....Satnam Waheguroo

Naam Simran is so important in Sikhi.

Some say that there are certain techniques for this, and many people try for hours, sit for hours and try to get the techniques right but they still dont get it. others never having had neone teach it to them understand and get it. the difference is the love that they feel. I've seen people who have never had "training" or have been taught. they just sit and do simran. and as time goes on and as their love for guru ji grows, guru ji himself teaches it to them. they start to understand how it needs to be done and they set their minds to it. others have been "taught" but they wont get it, they wont feel the true love and simran because they dont have that love in their hearts.

There are some punj that may show you a head start that it helps if you do simran like this, others will say bhai, guru ji dha naam japana. neither is wrong. because in the end it depends on the individual person. you cant really ever teach neone to do simran. thats a bhakshish by guru ji. if you learned it from the punj and u felt it right then, you should think back to it and understand that its not becaue they taught it to u, its because guru ji had his kirpa on you and he blessed you with it.

No one needs to take Amrit again just because they did not learn naam dhridh, thats such a ..... i dont even have words for that statement. What a person needs to do is do ardaas and ask guru ji to give them that dhaat, cus hes the only one that can.

pul chuk maaf

Fateh

If you want to receive the gift of naam driR, then why would there be any problem in going before the punj pyaaray and asking for it? They are afterall, Guru's own roop.

But to be clear, unfortunately, not all amrit sinchaars are "equal". Gobind Sadan has amrit sinchaars as do the namdharis and so do many other groups. Bibis receive kirpan amrit amongst the Nihangs and at Hazoor Sahib. So-called "low castes" have to drink amrit in a separate bata in some amrit sinchaars.

At other places, gurmantar is not taught or given or is replaced with some sant's own mantar. Other times, amrit is given in glasses.

Do you get the picture? Where we go to receive amrit is up to our karma. Amrit is amrit, but not every amrit sinchaar is conducted properly. I encourage everyone to read Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh's "Amrit Ki Hai".