Why Sikhi Is Weak?

Bijla Singh

Why Sikh Panth is too weak these days? Power of Sikhi comes from Gurbani, Rehat and Gurdwaras.

1) Gurbani

There is controversy on the beginning of Guru Granth Sahib Ji (Mool Mantar) and on the ending (Raag Maala). Major part of Dasam Granth (source of Birrass) is totally unknown to the majority of Sikhs and is being questioned. These unanswered questions on Gurbani cause lack of faith in Guru Ji which is why many of the Sikhs today are confused. Without complete faith in Guru Ji there cannot be unity in Sikhi. Also, Bhai Gurdaas Ji’s Kabits are very rarely discussed and hardly any kathavaachak will shed some light on it. Lack of faith in Gurbani causes confusions about Rehat.

2) Rehat

Next source of power is Gurmat Rehat. Khanday Da Amrit has many controversies attached to it. Is the 5th kakkar Kes or Keski? Amrit Banis are three or five? How long are Rehraas Sahib and Chaupai Sahib? Is jhatka allowed under some circumstances? Should Bibis be allowed in Panj Pyare? These questions can never be answered until Sikhs have one stand on what is Gurbani and what is not.

3) Gurdwaras

Last source of power. There are many Gurdwaras today but not under our control. Indian government agencies and their agents control our main Gurdwaras. Akal Takhat, our political sovereignty, is under control and therefore cannot serve the purpose of uniting the Panth. How can we have a political sovereignty when we don’t even have an agreement on Gurbani and Rehat? These days jethedars are taking sides with some jathas when they were supposed to be neutral. Million of dollars are being spent on building new Gurdwaras but hardly any Gurdwara serves the purpose of Sikhi. Followers of Bhagat Ravidaas are opening their own gurdwaras, caste is the major issue in fights and not to mention tables and chairs. Remember one thing “Pakkay Sikhs can build pakkay Gurdwaras but pakkay Gurdwaras cannot make Pakkay Sikhs”. By losing Gurbani and Rehat, Sikhs have lost their Gurdwaras.

Sometimes I think some anti-Sikh powers started these controversies to cause fights and to busy Sikhs into others things so that Sikhs won’t be able to unite together and establish their own powerful raj. First, Sikhs will have to decide on Gurbani and Dasam Granth. Then comes Rehat and when there is unity on Gurbani and Rehat controlling and running the Gurdwaras will be an easy task. In ancient times, Gursikhs had differences but when it came to Gurmat they were all one and solved matters according to Gurmat. Now, many people do have their stand on some of the issues but cannot justify them according to Gurmat. Rather, they choose “critical thinking” and “liberal” ways. Most of the people do not discuss Gurbani because they just simply don’t know much about it. We are busy in fighting over whether gays are accepted in Sikhi and whether monays can do kirtan on Gurdwara stages? This way we can show how “smart”, “educated” and “liberal” we are. Not having enough knowledge about Gurbani and Rehat causes these fights. If we know the message of Gurbani and what Gurmat is, deciding whether chairs are allowed in gurdwaras or whether monay can do kirtan inside the Gurdwara shouldn’t cause a big fight. I do not think Guru Ji will bless us with Raj until we resolve all these matters and until there is only ONE type of Sikh.

Maybe you didn’t understand a single bit of my post but it is something to think about. We lost Gurbani (Saint) Dasam Granth (Soldier) then Rehat (Roop of Guru Ji) then political sovereignty (Akal Takhat). Without Gurbani and Rehat there is no Khalsa. If there is no Khalsa there is nothing but gulami and suffering for Sikh panth. Think about it. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gurfateh!!

Bijla Singh Veer Ji, the points you have made i agree with entirely, and these are the issues the Panth should be dealing with, but we need to attaining a Panth which isnt incontrol by all the political agencies but by the Khalsa, Guru Jis own Roop.

Im glad to see a thread which actually highlights the weaknesses we all need to overcome, but there are many more............

The key is Gurbani and understanding, and im sorry (to all those who are disagree) but thats Sri Dasam Guru Granth Sahib Ji Bani also. Maharaaj Ji has given us so much information, Maharaaj Ji has given us the solution to every possible problem which may arise, yet we fail to work on the Information given.

Dhan Guru Dhan Guru Piare!!

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Gurfateh!!

due to lack of above mentioned points, we lack a strong leader. Theres lots of jathas, but no 1 strong leader. Each jatha has problems with another jatha, so so many jathas isn't helping much.

so much money is poured into making new gurdwaras but whats the point? A lot of youth don't even want go to gurdwara. THe parchaar sucks (no offense). Why waste time somewhere where they are talking different language and not explaining anything??

WJKK WJKF

totally understand what ur saying satpreet bhenji :@

Why waste time somewhere where they are talking different language and not explaining anything??

However, ppl use what you said as a common excuse.....but they forget that....before they went to skool or university they didnt know much abt their course. However...due to the EFFORT they made to learn the stuff....they understand it now. Similarly with Gurbani...we need to make an effort to understand it and not use excuses such as....'they talking a different language'. :umm: but its a two way thing....and ur right...the gurudwaras shud use the money they collect alot more wisely rather than investing in decorations, new kitchens...buying more property which the local gurudwara i attend is guilty of :cool:

WJKK WJKF

Guest Akaal108

Guru Maharaj said in karni nama I ll make satyug out of this kalyug....what does he mean by that??

According to my interpertation/my view he has sent nit avtars(Sant/Mahapursh/Bhai Sahib's/Mahatama's) who can spread (Divine Message) Dhur Ki Bani from Siri Guru Granth Sahib to kulyugi jev's like us and teach us "Prema Bhakti". He has send nit avtars through out the kalyug. And he will keep sending nit avtars until this kalyug finished to full fill his bachan according to hakum of Nirankar.

Nit Avtars itself means - avtars keep coming not occastionally..just keep coming.

Petty mainstream sikhs can't take laha from sant mahapursh's because they don't beleive 'they exist"

Hence,

Sikhi is weak.

Guest Lohgarh Singh

wjkk wjkf

i see it like this, yes the points made by bilja singh are undisputidly correct. the sikhs are undisputidly the most powerful warriors on all levels. but the sikhs need a strong leader. take a look at the Guru, maharaja ranjit singh and the other sikh maharajas. i just wait till the Guru returns.