KHALSA CAMP or Sikhstudent.org?

Akaali

FIRSTLY this is like a "War Of The Jathas" thread in itself. Everyone supporting the camps that are mainly organised by the jathas they follow. Taksaali Singh - DDT. Tarunjeet - AKJ. And all - info, u would say wot u said in the post below coz ure a nang ureself and attend Nidhaar Singh classes. Whats the point of this thread? Mostly biased views neway.

sangat jio go to khalsa camp or boss camp

sikh student camp is a niddar nang camp STAY AWAY

97769[/snapback]

i have also heard from reliable sources that this camp is just a dos hole, no real learning of sikhi, also the nangs just use the camp to convert people into druggies and meat eating so they can justify thier actions and feel better.

just go to the khalsa camp or boss camp, or both as they dont clash

97771[/snapback]

Bit of a harsh joke.

I went last yr, it wasnt the best camp in the world but then i did jst show up on the wednesday!!!

I thought it was good and useful, i laready knew a lot more about sikhi then was being taught and the only lecture i actually went to - as i only went on the off chance, the lecture side was prety much done, i had already heard it 5times before as i know the guy who did it!!! So again, i didnt learn much but in terms of the rest of it! The stories that were told, the kirtan darbar at the end, i thought it was great!

Sikhi parchar was done there, from what i remember meat wernt really an issue, just kids playin games etc.

The only thing i didnt like was maybe the sevadars, but thats just down to an attitude problem by them. Nothing to with the camp, jst they to up themselves in authority positions. I had it out with the ones i had problems with and it was all good.

People are going to camps to lean something, i havent been to many but droped in to loads of them recently for like one dayers and stuf and they all been good!

(im not sticking up for sikh student btw!!!)

I shud be hopefully checkin out khalsa camp this yr as where our sangat is goin (ie the people i spend the whole week with doing kirtan, paath, training etc) so be nice to stay with the sangat and boost our own sikhi. Also as everyone tells me its good and so i might as well check it out!!

End of the day, if you kno the bare basics to sikhi, and are strong in them!! then there shud be no worry of being mind converted etc! Just stay strong in your own belief and if you got problems? Go and see Guru Ji.

(PS the talks at the camps are the best!! ie when people all jst sit in a group and have discussions...)

WJKK WJKF

105792[/snapback]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FIRSTLY this is like a "War Of The Jathas" thread in itself. Everyone supporting the camps that are mainly organised by the jathas they follow. Taksaali Singh - DDT. Tarunjeet - AKJ. And all - info, u would say wot u said in the post below coz ure a nang ureself and attend Nidhaar Singh classes. Whats the point of this thread? Mostly biased views neway.

I have not stated any camp that i am going to attend, nor have i stated which camp is better than the other, all camps are good aslong as they promote Guroo Saahib. Also what you said about All-Info was way out of line. How can you call someone a nang, if you know the singh then you'll know he aint a nang but instead a singh thats trying to learn and prosper in sikhi. He's made mistakes but haven't we all???

Instead of making allegations and name-calling jus stick to the topic yeah?!

Jeeeezz...some people!

who do you think you are ???? saying All info is a nang you joker , get a life All info is probably one of the most neutral guys i've met, and who are you to judge you don't knoe me casue if you did you'd know that i'm close to akj's, taksali's and nihang singh ...... :doh:

sangat jio go to khalsa camp or boss camp

sikh student camp is a niddar nang camp STAY AWAY

97769[/snapback]

i have also heard from reliable sources that this camp is just a dos hole, no real learning of sikhi, also the nangs just use the camp to convert people into druggies and meat eating so they can justify thier actions and feel better.

just go to the khalsa camp or boss camp, or both as they dont clash

97771[/snapback]

Bit of a harsh joke.

I went last yr, it wasnt the best camp in the world but then i did jst show up on the wednesday!!!

I thought it was good and useful, i laready knew a lot more about sikhi then was being taught and the only lecture i actually went to - as i only went on the off chance, the lecture side was prety much done, i had already heard it 5times before as i know the guy who did it!!! So again, i didnt learn much but in terms of the rest of it! The stories that were told, the kirtan darbar at the end, i thought it was great!

Sikhi parchar was done there, from what i remember meat wernt really an issue, just kids playin games etc.

The only thing i didnt like was maybe the sevadars, but thats just down to an attitude problem by them. Nothing to with the camp, jst they to up themselves in authority positions. I had it out with the ones i had problems with and it was all good.

People are going to camps to lean something, i havent been to many but droped in to loads of them recently for like one dayers and stuf and they all been good!

(im not sticking up for sikh student btw!!!)

I shud be hopefully checkin out khalsa camp this yr as where our sangat is goin (ie the people i spend the whole week with doing kirtan, paath, training etc) so be nice to stay with the sangat and boost our own sikhi. Also as everyone tells me its good and so i might as well check it out!!

End of the day, if you kno the bare basics to sikhi, and are strong in them!! then there shud be no worry of being mind converted etc! Just stay strong in your own belief and if you got problems? Go and see Guru Ji.

(PS the talks at the camps are the best!! ie when people all jst sit in a group and have discussions...)

WJKK WJKF

105792[/snapback]

105805[/snapback]

I was gonna say, wot u on about "name-calling" and i re-read my post and apologise, i meant to say "nihang" not "nang". Didnt mean to do that. I wudve edited my post but then i wudnt be able to apologise, which i do.

And u know blatently Singh that u support the Sikhi Camp. But u decide to write your little "i went to Khalsa Camp BUT..." in a sly way so no one can turn around n accuse u of just supporting Taksaal n u know it.

As for all-info is concerned, im jus stating my opinion. Wasnt meant to attack. Just stating the point that everyone is supporting their own jathas like so theres no point to this thread nemore. People have shared their views n experiences n let people make up their minds from that, rather than getting into convos leading to jatha bashing which it eventually will do.

SikhStudent camp is in its place and is doing well. Campers know wot they r getting themselves into coz all da info is online. Its a more relaxed camp than ne other and this is shown in the website so its up to people to make up their own minds.

THE SAME GOES FOR ALL CAMPS. THEY ARE ALL IN A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN. Leave it at that. Uve seen the websites, uve heard the deal with each of them - if ure makin up ure mind, good luck to u which ever camp u choose.

Bhul chuk maaf

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki Fateh ji

wow what a topic!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone ever actually been to all 3 camps?

I could probably count that number on one hand?

ask the few who have (and that is few and far between) for their views.

which ever camp you go to enjoy and learn, isn't that what these camps are for!!!!!

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh ji

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki Fateh ji

wow what a topic!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone ever actually been to all 3 camps?

I could probably count that number on one hand?

ask the few  who have (and that is few and far between) for their views.

which ever camp you go to enjoy and learn, isn't that what these camps are for!!!!!

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh ji

105822[/snapback]

WELL SAID!

As for anonosingh....jus give it a rest buddy....in my post i was merely stating my experience from Khalsa Camp, I've been to all 3 and had experiences that i like and dislike from ALL 3.

Anono - u make me laugh!

ha. Jaskeerat Singh... i am not going to get started on you as this is a public forum so i will stay shut on the topic :doh:

And neway.. i make maself laugh so its all good! Thorha jia hasnaa bhi chayeedha-aa! :doh:

sorry everyone, this heats getting a bit to me today

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh

Another thing

The Gursikhs with Guru Sahibs kirpa who organise these camps go to alot of effort and time to do this.

These camps take months of planning organizing and in addition in some cases huge financial commitment and can be a headache!!!!!!

Contray to public opinion, i don't reckon any of the camp organisers have a 'hidden agenda' to promote one way or the other. These Gursikhs are just trying to do seva.

Fair enough some sevedars at certain camps will have a certain view and try to push this (but isn't that the case everywhere!!!).

It is up to the organsiers of each camp to make sure those present don't push any hidden agenda!!!!!

I personally with Guru Sahibs kirpa came into Sikhi through camps like this

so if you have never been to a camp, go to one (anyone it's up to you) and take something postive,

if you have been to a camp and didn't like it or disagreed with something there, then learn from it and move on (Isn't that what Sikhi is about - learning and moving forward), just no need to cuss it.

Enjoy the camps and don't let them become battlegrounds for personnel/political agendas

and also (while i am on a rant!!!!)

why isn't anyone talking about the many kids camps happening this summer!!!!!!

at the end of the day, those kids camps are wicked and seeing little kids enjoying sikhi is such a boost, many camps are happenign this summer, lets not loose track of the amount of seva still to do.

Hoepfully the next generation can learn from our mistakes!!!!!!

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki Fateh jio