Do u guys have ne gf/bf?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the debate of whether it is OK to have acquaintance friends and to what degree. Is it possible that to some extent to respect varied approaches. The approaches could arise because of culture, time period, geography, specific circumstances etc.

I don’t relate to the never look at or talk to approach. However, I have respect for those who might have this approach generally. I think it is unfair to be too harsh in our assumptions. The fact is most people on this board are part of a culture where it would be very difficult not to interact. This does not mean that those who ascribe to another approach are wrong.

I also think males generally can be… well for lack of a better word right now, idiots (i have standing to say this right?). Punjabi men and male descendants can be quite warped in their approach due to idiotic non-sikh cultural influences. Those men who go to what seems extreme to me may be quite cognizant of what women go through and their views may just be worthy of everyone’s respect.

Within either approach there will be people who are genuine and there will be people who are false.

All info you wrote .(...jst i work with goria and well, you know what they like).

All-info, What do you mean by this? I think i know but want to hear from you before i fly off the handle needlessly.

105103[/snapback]

Singh come into my office and listen to, "steve did this and sean did that" Down the pub last night he was ... this and *** that.

Trust, i cnt repeat the crap they come out with.

if you wona fly off the handle its up to you!! Just follow the rules or admin will accuse you for goin of message thread..

And what do you think i mean?? I have to hear such gantha crap all day about men and women, try sittin and listening to it. NOT nice!

I think its worng to have a bofriend and not marry him, I'm waitingt for that special singh  pray.gif

105109[/snapback]

BHENJI YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE A BOYFRIEND IN THE FIRST PALCE , WHEN IT'S TIME TO GET MARRIED YOU WOULD TELL RESPECTED GURSIKHS TO LOOK FOR A SUITBALE MATCH AND THEN ACCEPT THERE CHOICE .............THESE SORT OF RELATIONSHIPS ARE TOTALY AGAISNT GURMAT no.gif .....WHOEVER FLIRTS OR HAS RELATIONSHIPS LIKE THESE ARE MANMUKHS NO TWO WAYS ABOUT IT

No offence intended but lets put it in a scenerio...

If i were to come and ask if it was ok for me to try your sister out for a while, she if she was ok, Would you agree? Thats essentialy what dating is.

I for one would never let my sister do such a thing and I myself would never do such a thing. Whats wrong with the traditional relaxed arranged marriages?

Some are lovers of beautiful young women; emotional attachment to Maya is very dear to them. The unfortunate self-willed manmukhs remain asleep. O Nanak, those who intuitively serve their Guru, have perfect destiny. ||4||3||

(Sri Guru Granth Shaib Ji - Raag Vadhans on Pannaa 569)

The full Shabad can be seen Here. Courtesy of www.sikhitothemax.com

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Bhul Chuk Maaf Karna

All info you wrote .(...jst i work with goria and well, you know what they like).

All-info, What do you mean by this? I think i know but want to hear from you before i fly off the handle needlessly.

105103[/snapback]

Singh come into my office and listen to, "steve did this and sean did that" Down the pub last night he was ... this and *** that.

Trust, i cnt repeat the crap they come out with.

if you wona fly off the handle its up to you!! Just follow the rules or admin will accuse you for goin of message thread..

And what do you think i mean?? I have to hear such gantha crap all day about men and women, try sittin and listening to it. NOT nice!

105107[/snapback]

And witrh regards to people on this forum who flirt etc i have heard this too. its not nice that Gursikhs do this and then cover it up or lie about it...

105108[/snapback]

Haha. thats a load of c**p in itself. a load of goriah? "apniya kuriya" do this as well and whether there are girls who r like that or not, it doesnt depend on the colour of their skin, it depends on the class they mix in.

As for people who flirt... well define flirting? Because i think everyone has their own opinions of this. Some wud class just TALKING to a girl as flirting... some wud class laughing, joking, smiling with a girl as flirting...

PERSONALLY, i dont think we can stop flirting. I think the only thing we can do is control it. Control it in the sense that as long as we know we are flirting and dont take it TOO far (and im sure most of u know wot im talkin about here) then i think that is acceptable as long as the other party involved is the same. It all depends on intentions. If youre intentions are to flirt with the aim of "getting it on" with a girl, then that is defo wrong. If you're intentions are to flirt funnily and not go OTT, then i think that is not that dire. Lets face it - kaam krodh lobh moh hunkaar... KAAM comes first. Its one of the hardest things to eradicate. But i think if people can control it first before eradicating it, it is the best way.

YES , its easy to say "no, i disagree with ure point because we shouldnt be doing it. Everyone should eradicate kaam" but this is a VERY difficult task and is easier said than done. But being difficult does not make this impossible. I think u have to learn control and limits. Im not excusing flirting, im giving my opinion based on what ive seen and experienced.

by all means if u want, talk to the opposite sex... there's nothing wrong wit it... but do it in moderation, keep it to a limit i guess.. i mean everybody has their own thing... in the end it just comes down to what your intentions are... and nobody knows that except you and guru jee... so... u can completely stay away from the opposite sex altogether if u want... or u can talk to them, become friends/brothers/sisters wit them... it all depends on what type of person u are...

but we all have to remember that we must suffer for our actions... so if we're in there for the wrong intentions, big daddy (guru jee :doh: ) knows all... u can't hide the truth from.....

i personally tend to agree wit jss veerji's first post... but, whatever works for you.... everybodys not the same, they have diff things that work for them..

bhul chuk maaf...