Do u guys have ne gf/bf?

Guest Lohgarh Singh

wjkk wjkf

heheheheheh, i havnt got a galfrend............... no reli i havnt.......... im serious................. im not jokin

hehehehehehh

but wat i do hav is a very special person to me, anjaan penji. i love her to bits. i dno wat i'd do without her :doh: :doh: :doh: no.gif she's my penji (in the bro to sis way)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think tarunjeet singh's approach is the most harmful of all...

why?

because...if people try to avoid people of the opposite sex...the more you try to physically avoid you're gonna find yourself thinking of them more...and that might lead to worse things than two people just being friends...

also..i believe that when guys and girls interact in a healthy way, it takes away that whole "wonder" aspect of things and people just realize that guys/girls..its all the same and would lead to less problems....

if you look at countries where their culture is very strict on guys having nothing to do with girls...you'll also see that women's rights are really abused there...you might notice higher rates of rape and murder of women...why is that??? something to think about...

104941[/snapback]

this post makes alot of sense :TH:

why put yourself in a situation where you "could " develop kaam or put kaam in another perrsons mind, look at the jeevans of chardikala Gurisikhs, htye have never flet the need to be friendly with the opposite sex, to the point at which many would even cross over the road if they saw a bibi coming

In the above example, you have not conquered kaam, you are simply avoiding it.

Guest A Singh.

Whilst Bhai Tarunjeet Singh's comments will sound extreme to some, in some respects they are very valid. Nobody is asking you to isolate yourself from the opposite sex completely but rather to not enter into close relationships with members of the opposite sex. There is nothing wrong with being polite to anyone.

In Middle Eastern countries where aforemented incidences such as rape, crime against women is higher there is a cultural, almost religious bias towards men and is very much a male dominated society.

Quite ironically, 3 to 4 seperate regular posters on this message board, Singhs are aware of, use the "Penji Paaji" as a front to either stay in a long term relationship with another member of the Sangat or to flirt/make inappropriate advances on multiple members of the Sangat. Were the interactions between boys and girls to stay as polite talk minimised to what is neccesary, such very serious incidences would not arise.

It is also worth mentioning that Damdami Taksal is an exclusively single sex environment.

wjkk wjkf

heheheheheh, i havnt got a galfrend............... no reli i havnt.......... im serious................. im not jokin

hehehehehehh

but wat i do hav is a very special person to me, anjaan penji. i love her to bits. i dno wat i'd do without her  :doh:   :doh:   :doh:   no.gif   she's my penji (in the bro to sis way)

104957[/snapback]

aaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww that is sooooooooo cute!!!!

bless ya hun!

well i told you before - you ain't getting rid of me that easily! lol

ima stick around and im here when/if you need me!!!

love you lots!!

:TH:

as for the topic, its ok to have guys as friends, i do not know many Gursikh girls so most the stuff i know and have learnt has come from guys....

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?automo...owentry&eid=223

that is about a friendship between me and my guy friend

and this is what can happen if you date....

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?automo...owentry&eid=227

Guest A Singh.
umm... i don't know how to respond to that. Correct me if i'm wrong, but did you just accuse 4 people on this forum of making advances on other members?!?!?!? and did u say Damdami Taksal is only for men???????

104974[/snapback]

As I said there are Singhs aware of up to 4 Singhs/Singhanis who post on this website, who use the "Penji Paaji" as a front to maintain relationships with others in the Sangat or flirt with multiple Sangat members (neither neccesarily also on this message board).

A fact was stated that currently, at Damdami Taksal, only men will study there. It is thus a single sex environment.