CONFUSED! NEED HELP!

Sat sri akal.

Im really confused, if its so wrong to take guru granth sahib ji in pubs then why are only a handful of people going down stop it happening?

Is it just that these people who go down have got nothing better to do with their time, or possibly hidden agendas....or should we all support them? (dont mean to offend)

No sikh leaders participate or organisations, so thats why i think twice about if its right or not to participate.

Also you never hear of any nishkaam sevak jatha, akj's or taksali's who stop these weddings...whom i regard as leaders of the khalsa panth! So it can't be that wrong...surely if these people don't attend!

The 13 shaheed of 1978 were mainly 'akj' but when i speak to any gursikhs who regard themselves as akj, they don't want to know about this! They just smile...is it because they accept maharaj's hukam!

Some singh said to me that it is not neccessary to go because if you notice its only singh's...so if it was neccessary to stop such a 'beadbi' then these singhnia who wear the dastaar of guru gobind singh ji would also stand up and be counted.

Please someone enlighten me! I know of a wedding coming up in a hall in the uk but i am confused...therefore i am in two minds about telling someone!

Sat sri akal

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

handful of people are doing it because of the way information is passed on; if the information came into possession earlier then there would be far more people who would go and as Sikhs *note the word Sikhs and not name of jathebandi* it’s important we all try our best to go or help the cause in some way i.e. advertising, arranging transport etc

end of the that is your Guru ji – if you want people to disrespect it then let that be upon your head, if your love is more for a jathebandi and the supposed “leader” of that jathebandi is not going to protect and stop the beadbi of Guru ji then carry on sitting on your backsides waiting for the person sitting next to you to get up and do something about it.

don’t wait to be inspired – be the inspiration!

as for the wedding that was going to take place on the 16th in Oxford a lot more people were aware of the campaign and hence a lot more people were going to attend – including me – and I’m a girl;

don’t sit around waiting for ‘leaders’ to tell you what you do

if you know of a wedding taking place at an in apporpriate location I suggest you get in touch with Respect for Guru ji campaign as with the example of Saturday in Oxford the situation was resolved without Sikhs having to turn up at the planned venue;

end of the day we don’t want to stop the wedding, we just want to stop the beadbi of our beloved Father

dont waste your precious time, how can scriptures be contaminated by alcohol and meat! its more beadbi stopping someones wedding! I advise not to disclose the venue or date of the wedding...these people will ruine someones day and you will also be a part of the sin! life is about peace love and unity! not fanaticism

dont waste your precious time, how can scriptures be contaminated by alcohol and meat! its more beadbi stopping someones wedding! I advise not to disclose the venue or date of the wedding...these people will ruine someones day and you will also be a part of the sin! life is about peace love and unity! not fanaticism

109693[/snapback]

Sant Mat, Double ID's arnt allowed on the forum. i suggest you choose which one you are going to keep, "Sant Mat" Or "Soho Roadie", cos i will soon delete one of them.

Sant mat, use your sant mant if there is any.

You are more worried about someone's wedding getting ruined than the beadbi of Guru Sahib's Sarroop. There are Singhs and Singhnia who don't even dare do Maharaj ji's parkash without first putting on clean clothes, and you are saying don't waste your precious time?

If we can't take out time to protect our Isht, then our time isn't really precious is it??

sant mat / soho

Please address double ID issue. Otherwise, zero credibility by violating trust amongst members here and contrary to your attempts; you have made a case for arrogance and deceit associated with such weddings.

However, despite your apparant blunder & although there may be some arrogant and deceitful, many need an education and are worthy of it. In other words many of "the other side" are people who may appreciate being talked to, how do you like that for "fanaticism".

sant mat / soho

Please address double ID issue. Otherwise, zero credibility by violating trust amongst members here and contrary to your attempts; you have made a case for arrogance and deceit associated with such weddings.

However, despite your apparant blunder & although there may be some arrogant and deceitful, many need an education and are worthy of it. In other words many of "the other side" are people who may appreciate being talked to, how do you like that for "fanaticism".

109746[/snapback]

What makes the assumption its double ID? it could be someone else in the house using the same computer??? With a different set of views!!

With regards to the above discussion, what points were made were very true.

It is very unfortunate that we do have such BIG Jatha in Sikhi. We have these huge organisations that will fight in court, others who go to parliament but then pull out kirpans on each other!!??! Where are these organisations when the Beadbi of Guru Ji is being done? Its one thing fighting for something you strongly believe in, but if you dont take the first step and Defend Your Guru!! How do you expect your Guru to help you?

For instance, soho roadie mentioned AKJ and DDT.

As everyone is aware, i dont follow jathay! But its a true question to ask. Im not saying people from these Jathay dont get involved coz if you were to see the Singhs and Singhnis, they ae from all different cities, with different backgrounds, even monay will come on the mission as they still feel the pains done to Guru Ji. They hold Guru Ji closer then some Gursikhs!! Hence they will go and protest, do what ever it takes to ensure Guru Ji Is Protected!!!! Hopefully with kirpa they will become Gursikhs and if they do, then they really will be Chardi Kala!

Going back to the point, there are members from the Groups, BUT what would be good is if the actual leaders were involved. If they were to take a stand physically, inform their people that this his going on. I think it would be fair to say, though everyone is aware, and the excuses can not be made we dont know anymore as its been in the papers, on the radio!! word of mouth now too!!! People do not want to get involved as they believe if we get caught then we wont get jobs etc.

For these people, and then wear the tshirts, hoodies, of BKI, Sant Jarnail Singh! Why do you wear these? What is the point? They were great Gursikhs. They saw harm to Sikhi and so stood up and fought against it!!! If you gona wear their pictures on your tops then stand up and follow the path they walked. For that statment, we normally get the response, "they were next level". TRUE! But how? GURBANI! If we dont follow what Gurbani tells us then we can never succeed in life. THey followed Gurbani to the max!! They LIVED sikhi. we follow it. They actually lived it!!!

Now if DDT for instance, the school of Gurbani, was to stand up and Fight for it!!! That would be great!!! Because many of the people fighting for instance arnt that well trained in Gurbani so this could be of use to them!!

AKJ too, Kirtan!! Kirtan is Gurbani!!! Now again, when say for instance, Paath is carried out while waiting outside hotels, for example the 2hours outside Bayliss House, Kirtan could be done too. Show that despite the circumstances, Sikhs WILL continue to do kirtan as they did when the attacks on harmander Sahib was carried out!!!

Also note, Singhnis are now taking part. Its has taken time but they are now willing to stand after understanding the truth!!!

"Is it just that these people who go down have got nothing better to do with their time, or possibly hidden agendas....or should we all support them? (dont mean to offend)"

If we call ourselves Sikhs, especially those who have given their head, what excuse can they give which is valid as to why they can not attend?? They should ALL be there, if not then what is the point in taking amrit? To become Sant Soldier? Sant Ji did it in 84, Singhs prior to 84 did it!! We have such a phat history and yet we are a disgrace as we cant even stop Beadbi to our Guru. Its such an easy problem to tackle but if the same few people are constantly going, the same cars are being used then it becomes apparent there are only a few people in the campaign when clearly there are sooo many who support it!!!

If people are worried about not wanting to be seen etc, then i have been informed the regulars going down, they need help in other areas, one of the main would be financial as the cost of taking cars down almost every week for meetings, weddings etc, is VERY expensive!! Thats is not a request to start making donations, its a point to make, the sevadars are feeling everypain possible BUT still, they go and defend Maharaj. Why cant the rest of us follow in their footsteps?

It is important NOT to take maharaj into these places, why? Because in these places things which are Anti Gurmat occur, now for a Gursikh to permit this, he is beadbi. I have stated in many previous topics as to why this practice is wrong therefore im not going to re type it all again as this post is already getting long enough!!!

I will however pm and explain like that!!!

As for the wedding, please email into the the campaign, details can be found at either www.sikhdreamweddings.co.uk and www.gurugranthsahibji.com

If anyone else knows of such things, then as a Sikh, you should make a stand and inform someone of this so they are able to prevent it, even if you yourself, do not have the courage to stand up...

I hope i have not offended anyone, and please note, i do not follow any jatha!! therefore i did not side with any mentioned!!! Its a simple enough statement to make.

I would however like to state, in a local city, AKJ's were asked and they accepted to participate in the last wedding, which with Maharajs Kirpa, was resolved therefore there was no need to go down. However, when other jathay were contacted for instance, they did not respond... (that is not a blow at anyone so please, do not take it this way!!)

I would like to request here, the Sikh Federation to contact the campaign and offer assistance for the reason, the police are now activley working with the campaign to make a stop to the weddings as they dont want to be called every wedding which happens!!!

Like Paji said in a previous post, the oxford wedding was police officers, they too changed their location. As the Fed have the experience in Law, they might be able to diversify from other topics such as Self Determination and French Turban by sparing a couple of people to assist on this. Again, this jatha has many members, if all of these Sikh organisations could come together and fight together as opposed to conflicting with each other!! Sikhi again, will be so strong!!

Again please forgive me for any mistakes and any offences made, these were not my intention.

WJKK WJKF

Wjkk Wjkf

I totally agree with the above post. I mean its not only the duty of the one group of sikhs who have taken action but for all of us to do our bit. If beadbi of Guru ji is happeneing and we are aware of it we should surely trying to prevent it by whatever means neccessary (Not sayin that in a threatful way!) :doh: But it is beadbi if Guru Ji's saroop is being taken into these places. As it would be wrong to have Guru Maharaaj at a house where there is meat or alcohol. Though it happens.

As Guru ji is the purest of the pure.

And as for wasting our precious time, we should be devoting as much time as possible to Guru ji as the only time used in this way is precious. And without Guru ji we wouldnt even be given the time. It could be taken away in an instant.

So we should be giving something back to Guru ji for blessing us with the human form, the least we can do is prevent beadbi from occuring.

And as for "scriptures," is that all you see the Guru Maharaj as? <_< :)

Its not about contamination, but how can it be just? our Guru ji in the same building as such impurities of alcohol and meat. i mean some amritdharis/sikhs wont even go to these places, nevermind Guru ji being taken there!

And another point surely we should be questioning the kind of people who are taking the Guru Maharaaj to these places in the first place!? as they should have the knowledge as to how and why it is wrong, assuming the Guru Maharaaj are taken from Gurudwari? I mean surely the gianis should know that its wrong and disagree to take part in the first place. As being giani's should have gian.

As it could be said the people getting married might not know or see it as wrong because they dont know surely the gianis or other people who are knowledgeable should be educating these people if this is the case.

My final point...for now lol about life being about "peace love and unity" without God how can these exist? Unity, where is the unity in standing by and letting beadbi of our Guru ji happen? yes we should unite, true but we should unite against preventing such things from happening not by letting them happen! Its a joint effort at the end of the day not a one man task!!

Bhul chuk maaf! (I know i'm stupid hence the lack of posts!)

Wjkk Wjkf