Aarti At Sri Hazoor Sahib

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH:

To the person who said this:

"nowadays we have a fan next to Guru Sahib so what is the chaur sahib for?"

Theres a differnce between the fan and the Chaur Sahib.

Anyone can switch a fan on but hows that True Seva?

Reasoning behind Chaur Sahib:

In old India, when the king or other supreme authority held a public audience, a horsetail whisk ('chaur') was always waved over/around him; it was done to show respect. This practice continues to day when Sikhs hold Gurdwara: they wave the chaur over the Siri Guru Granth Sahib. Siri Guru Granth Sahib is the Supreme Guru of the Sikhs, and during Gurdwara we wave the chaur to show respect.

But how is putting a fan on doing Seva? Anyone can put a fan on dor the Siri Guru Granth Sahib- even a self-willed person , but not everyone will have a chance to wave the chaur and not everyone will have the humbleness (ie self-willed people) to stand up infront of everyone in the Gurudwara and do seva for the Siri Guru Granth Sahib.

The fan is for ppl when its too hot but waving the chaur is for respect.

THERES A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO.

Please forgive-for anything i said wrong or hurt anyone.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

i personally dont think theres such thing as Differnt Type of Sikhs because all Sikhs follow the Siri Guru Granth Sahib and the rest of the prophets teachings. N i think some sikhs believe that Sikhi is part of Hinduism ect is becuase of lack of understanding and knowledge

Phul chuk maaf if said ne thing wrong.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH.

with chaur sahib di sewa I was saying that if that is out of respect then why can we not see things such as aarti as being out of respect and love?

a statue is different, this is the Guru! so cant we do aarti to show love here and respect?

all our people are too paranoid and have no understanding my dad taught me loads about the different types of sikhs

Ther SHOULDNT be different types of sikhs, Sikhs should be one, thats one of the biggest problem of sikh panth today, the fact that many are not folowing sikhi or folowing it in a warped fashion or just distorting it.

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!

Kaür Ji referred the wonderful Vaak from Gurbani.

kehai ravidhaas naam thaero aaruthee sath naam hai har bhog thuhaarae SGGS Ang 694-19

Says Ravi Daas, Naam is your Aartee, Sat Naam is Hari your Bhog.

Gurbani proves that NAM is God's Aartee.

Some ignorant have discarded Aartee. Have they unknowingly discarded NAM?

They should not be surprised when they feel that they are left in a lurch.

--------------

ms514 Ji!

Do you reject Aartee because Guru Nanak Dev Ji rejected Janeoo?

Guru Nanak Dev Ji rejected Janeoo made of cotton thread. His enlightenment showed the right path to many.

Sikhs started wearing a turban made of cotton thread. Which of our Gurus has asked Sikhs to do so?

Has the turban not become a religious symbol for many Sikhs these days as it was Janeoo for Brahmins once?

Who knows? Perhaps most of the human beings are not able to recognize and get rid of their orthodoxy.

Balbir Singh

Balbir singh ji,

There is GREAT difference between turban and janeo. if u r from lower caste u CANNOT wear janeo...bur Sahibh Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji gave everybdy turban...a sign of honour. There is a huge difference in the statements janeo and turban make. Janeo is related to DIVISION of society but turban is a symbol of honour given to poor and downridden to make all God's children EQUAL.

Understand the philosiphy of dhan sri guru granth sahib ji all gurus with the Jot of dhan sri guru nanak dev ji........its simply amazing.

Guest Sikh_Singh_Khalsa
Anything done out of pure love is good as "mera prabh bhavani bhagat ka bhukha" . Love is the language God knows and acknowledge. "jin prem kiyo tin hi prabh payio".

117311[/snapback]

Bhaji i know that but some boys out there think its the other LOVE..... LOL.gif