Aarti At Sri Hazoor Sahib

Sat Sri Akal:

"Your spiritual poorness is this that you are not able to give references from Gurbani. Rather, you refer writings of religious business owners to mislead others."

LOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gif

Who assigned you God to judge someone's spiritual level? It is true...the downfall of fake Babae is their own haumai. True Gurmukhs say that "I am bad, I am the lowest" and yet you have the guts to judge someone else's spiritual poorness? It is utterly pathetic that my few posts have caused your ego to flare so much. You make me laugh.

Here's some facts for ya...but being such a Brahm Gyani, you probably knew these:

Guru Gobind Singh Ji wore a Dastaar.

Panj Pyare wore a Dastaar.

Sikhs wore a Dastaar.

Rehat Maryada states that Sikhs should wear a Dastaar.

Sikhs have been referenced repeatedly be many chroniclers as wearing a Dastaar.

All the Panth's Maryadas agree that a Dastaar is an integral part of the Sikh dress. You think you know better? Why don't you march yourself to the Panj Pyare and tell them so. They are the Guru Saroop...they will let you know their views.

You have got to be the most blind persons I have ever met. Despite repeatedly bashing the Brahmins for their useless ritualism, verbally assaulting the Quazis and Mullahs for blind ritualism (refer to the Asa Di Vaar), you would dare to think that the Gurus would tell Sikhs to do Aarti? After having read the Aarti that Guru Sahib himself laid out in the Kirtan Sohila that the entire Universe performs to its Master, you would demean that Aarti to waving a plate of trinkets around the Guru Granth Sahib like an idol (a huge insult). Guru Sahib explains what the real Aarti is to the world to make them aware that this thali and menial things are trivial compared to the real Aarti that is done by the Creation at every instance.

Wake up. The Guru Granth Sahib IS an Aarti to the Almighty. Aarti's objective was to show respect and adoration to the idol that a person chose to do. Its origins were related to doing Hom that the Brahmins perform. The biggest respect that a person can do to the Guru Granth Sahib is to actually do what it says. and the only message that is there is to become One with the Almighty. One does not do that blindly waving a plate in front of the Guru Granth Sahib like an idol. The reference of the Universe being an Aarti should remind a person that everything and everyone is in the control and command of the Almighty. Be it whatever, everything is in its Hukam and the very creation vibrates with the rememberance of the Almighty. To realize this is the function of the Guru Granth Sahib Ji...to remind the person to shed the 5 evils, the haumai and maya and become one with the Almighty so that the being also begins to actually SEE the Aarti that is the world and Universe and understand what Aarti.

So you go ahead...wave a aarti plate around Guru Sahib...let us "spiritually poor" people follow our own blind paths.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

To the person who said this:

"with chaur sahib di sewa I was saying that if that is out of respect then why can we not see things such as aarti as being out of respect and love?

a statue is different, this is the Guru! so cant we do aarti to show love here and respect?"

But why do something that doesnt belong to Sikhi in the first place?

Chaur Sahib as said before WAS AND IS part of Sikhi

Aarti WASNT AND ISNT part of Sikhi.

N why do aarti just out of love and respect when weve already shown the love and respect through chaur Sahib de Seva ect?

But the main thing is aarti is done for Hindu Gods so why do aarti with Sikh Prophets?

It wont make sense to do aarti with prophets.

N the fact that couple of years ago aarti wasnt done in Hazur Sahib shows how the radical Hindus are active in trying to mix Sikhi with Hindu Dharam.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Satsriakal to all and ms514 Ji!

Aartee is not going to be stopped because you hate it.

God's Aartee is progressing.

I, as a Sikh, am highly grateful that God has chosen me as a part of HIS AARTEE.

For you I have to say only this.

Take care as by thinking, singing or hearing HIS AARTEE, AARTEE is also performed.

Balbir Singh

Sat Sri Akal:

Hey, I do not care if someone prays to the moon and eats snakes. That's their business. The topic is whether Aarti is allowed in Sikhism. So far, Balbir Ji has insisted that it should be done. If he wants to do Aarti, who cares...I'll send him the money for the plate. This a Sikhi question, not a personal one.