Question About Unnatural Facial Hairs

Balwinder Singh

Waheguru ji ka khalsa,

Waheguru ji ki fateh.

I have a question:

I was listening to sant singh maskin ji katha, in which he mentioned that he knows a sikh who asked him for a medicine which can help him grow his beard because the guy didn't have any beard at all.

So, the question is:

If a lady has "excessive" facial hairs due to hormonal imbalance, should she go for treatment for that or not?

I am asking this cuz in both cases something "unnatural" is happening ...i mean which is not normal. So should one get treatment or not?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO i personally think the female who does have the hormone imbalance SHOULD go for treatment... i say this because in some cases if it gets bad, it can affect the overall health of the woman... as well, it can affect the pregnancy of a woman as well.. i would personally say that a hormone imbalance IS a health issue that needs to be looked after..

bhul chuk maaf...

medical problems should be addressed rather than brushed to the side and people say "accept it".

Women with facial hair have too much Testosterone (male harmone) - this can be sorted out by Oestrogen injenction from the doctor.

Males you have no facial hair have too much Oestrogen (female harmone) - this can be sorted out by Testosterone injenction from the doctor.

HOWEVER I feel some people are not sympathetic to Penjis with facial hair and seem to make their self-morale feel low. This is so sad to see.

I think as Sikh brothers and sisters, we should show our fellow sisters support, sympathy and understanding.

Fair enough you guys are talking baout injections and that, but can i just say that this IS how God has intended the bibi or pajee to be and doing the injection stuff is going against what there is.

I along with some singhnee have the odd facial hair here an there but I would Never go getting mysefl injected, even if it got worse. Worse, vaheguru hai that sound soo bad, how can facial hair get worse, they more the better ur meditation ur guna get, hope God gives me more.

bhul maaf ji

What I can’t understand is why people refer to facial hair as ‘unnatural’ or as if its something that’s wrong. Guess what, it comes naturally, no one can do anything to make hair grow and nor can one do anything to stop it growing (unless you take things into your own hands). How many people grew their own hair? How many people who say hair is unnatural caused their own hair to grow? I’m a female with facial hair and I don’t see anything wrong with it and neither do my family and friends yet I continue to see people looking at this topic as though it is something negative.

Yeah so I don’t look a lot of the other women around you, maybe I don’t look like what YOU expect a woman to look like, but guess what I’m 100% what God has made me and I couldn’t be happier. As some people have mentioned, facial hair could be a symptom of an underlying condition and it is important that one goes to see their GP. Even if someone does take medication etc it will not remove any hair that is already there, if that is removed it is done by choice, medication will not do that it will balance out hormones.

Making comments like ‘its unnatural’ and go get an injection (I know you did not imply it so bluntly) will not help anyone who is in a situation where they do not know what to do about the way they look. Facial hair is nothing to be embarrassed about; its God’s gift to you unless you feel media has a better idea of what one should look like. By all means consult a doctor but don’t be put off or feel bad about something people refer to as unnatural. Who knows best at the end of the day, God or the world?

Apologies in advance in case anything I say offends as that is not my intention.

yes facial hair is natural... but like mentioned above excessive facial hair on women isn't... whether u choose to accept it or not it is a medical condition.. a condition of hormonal imbalance.. a condition that if it gets too serious and is not taken care of can affect ur ability to give birth.. and a condition that left alone can lead to other health concerns... if u don't believe us do some reasearch on it... i'm sure it would be in everybodys best interest to do research on this topic before we make any conclusions... i have done some research myself but for the most part have heard this from doctors myself...

bhul chuk maaf...

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh!!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

umm :doh: @ :doh: @

facial hair is what God has given us, including all the other hair that is given. why would someone remove it? even if a girl has soooo much hair on her, it doesnt matter. i know a Singhni who has a huge unibrow, and she doesnt care at all...in fact she took Amrit after she started getting it. now thats something i would look up to. even if a girl has a lot of facial hair, it doesnt matter. and whats this about "it could lead to health problems"? i mean seriously, do you think God gives all of that hair so that someone would get a health problem??? like a problem with child birth?? its all in His hands. he wouldnt give a woman so called extra facial hair for no reason. God has a reason for everything.

so what if a girl has so much hair? its whats on the inside that counts poeple! :doh:

the more hair you have, the more oxygen your body gets. (its in Gurbaani.) and also the more Simran you'll do you (once you get to that certain level of Simran). i hope you all understood what i meant by that. grin.gif God gave it to us for a reason. and we shouldnt get rid of it once you take Amrit (once you become a true Sikh) no matter what!

it doesnt matter in what way a person's going to get it removed, because its still removing something off of your body that God had given to you.

and there is no such thing as excessive hair for Sikhs. thats like saying "excessive Prayers...excessive truth...excessive love for God.".....i hope you all know what i mean. and i am 100% sure that a lot of you will take what i put in this para the wrong way :) but i dont want that. please try your fullest to understand. its kind of hard for me to explain it though.

and as for a male taking medicine to grow his beard...thats wrong too. becuase it is unnatural growth of hair. (same thing with unnatural hair loss)...they're just wrong. tell him to keep it the way it is. :doh:

i hope i didnt offend anyone. and im sorry if i did.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

vaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaa

vaaheguroojeekeefatheh !!!!

gurmukh pyare jee

if somebody has a disease we tell them to get whatever cure they can get that will not force them to have to get pesh in front of the punj pyare.

now i think you all know the devotion and dedication of bhai taru singh ji. i think you all know what gursikhs have gone through to keep their kes.

however, gursikhs also encouraged us to live in the gender that we identify with and the gender to which we are biologically inclined. So, if you are a woman with an estrogen deficiency or hyperactive testosterone, you will have decreased female functions, which include all of the things that naturally happen to womens bodies as they develop. This could cause problems in your voice, your health, your chances of giving birth, your physical weight, and many other things. This is a serious health condition.

Similarly, for a man, if the man some how has too much estrogen, or his body does not produce enough testosterone, then he will have problems with natural bodily functions of a male. This can mean his voice, his facial hair, his muscles, his physical weight, and his chances of being able to be a father (possibility of being infertile / impotent). This is a serious health condition, too.

These conditions above are just like other medical conditions.

However, they are not diseases. They are just imbalances.

If somebody has diabetes - do you tell them to just suck it up and stop taking their medications or controlling their sugar?

If somebody has high BP - do you tell them to just suck it up and not avoid fatty foods, and not do any exercise?

If somebody has two legs amputated - would you tell them to just crawl on the floor, and not get prosthetic legs, or a wheelchair?

obviously not. These are not diseases, they are conditions that you must live with your whole life. Therefore you have to come to terms with a viable long-term lifestyle and solution that will allow you to keep your rehit, but still balance your hormones and natural body biology.

I had to take human growth hormone from the age of 6 to the age of 18 because my pituitary glands don't function properly and my hormones are imbalanced. That's also why those of you that know me, notice my beard hasn't really come in yet although I'm 23 years old. I don't think that the maintenance of my health was against Sikhi. Of course, I do a lot of other paaps and mistakes, but I don't think this is one of them.

I don't think that it is against rehit to take human growth hormone, insulin, thyroid balancing medicine, seizure medicine, vitamins, estrogen or testosterone for medicinal purposes if you are living with some type of a medical condition or deficiency. As long as you are not taking them for narcotic, intoxicant, steroid, or self-harming reasons, then they are just for balancing your natural biology.

I *do not* think that men should take testosterone if they don't have a condition. And, I *do not* think that women should take estrogen if they don't have the medical condition. Should *not* take it just to make their facial hair fall out. BUT if you do have a medically diagonosed condition, then i think you are not doing anything against hukam - you are just balancing your hormones. If taking these medicines will help you to have a grihst jeevan, and help your body with normalized fertility and normalized health, then it is just like taking insulin, vitamins, etc.

these are just the views of a moorakh and i don't know anything about gurmat. i'm not a gursikh and i don't represent or speak on anybody gursikh's behalf. this is just my personal opinion from what i have learned in gurbani and from sikh history and other gursikhs.

please forgive my mistakes.

vaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaa

vaaheguroojeekeefatheh !!!