Disrespect Of Guru Jee - Royal Lancaster Hall

msjskb

it aint right, but it seriously looks like we in a minority here. cuz every1 else is not living with Sikhi on there minds.

How did things get like this?

i rekon its a lack of education?

what can we do:

watch as this happens and just except God's will, and not get influenced by this passing drama we call life.

OR

is this a test for Maharaaj 2 see who is ready 2 give ther all 2 maharaaj.

i swear we need 2 set up sum kinda law against this hapnin.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

Sangat Ji,

Harbans Suraj has been dropped by Vectone Punjabi from today onwards. They will air a pre-recorded programme today & tomorrow.

The proprietor of Vectone Punjabi fully agreed that Guruji must never be taken to hotels or banqueting halls and did not want to associate the Granthi anymore.

Well Done Vectone TV for standing up against beadbi :TH:

Keep ringing Harbans' home number 01634 576100. Its time he realises that he is responsible to the UK Sadh Sangat!

I spoke to Bikramjit Singh (yes, he's got the same name as me!) earlier and he was in total agreement that his channel did not want to be associated with someone who is going against the Akal Takht Hukumnama. I think that we should email or phone to thank them for their support

email info@vectone.tv

phone 0207 517 4322 press 0 after the message for reception

Btw they are looking for people who are able to read and write Punjabi to work as presenters in their news sections. If anyone is interested please ring Bikramjit Singh.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

I know this is off topic but I just wanna say it, I went to a wedding once and the wedding was done at the Gurdwara and as soon as ppl started getting up this girl who was abt 18 gets up in front of Guru Ji and takes her chunni off and throws it over her arms :) @ . I mean talk abt total shock, who said you uncover it now?

And then u go to the Gurdwara and women are too busy trying to look good that their chunni falls and they finish their conversation b4 even thinking abt covering their head again.

PPL cant even respect Guru Ji in the Gurdwara, ohhhh

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

125604[/snapback]

yeah, it wud be much easier if we all just wore dastaars

from amarjeet singh

125609[/snapback]

for once in my life i agree wit Amarjeet Singh... it would be so much more practical ...

R4G Alert

Granthi Harbans Singh Suraj has been taken off Vectone Punjab TV. he will not present anymore programmes as of today.

Keep up the pressure and call the phone numbers provided!!! and Remeber to TURN UP ON THE DAY IF NEED BE!!

The meeting is on thurdsday, we need to make as many calls as possible!! Make calls from the midlands and up north as too many londoners seem to be making calls!!! Lets show "United we Stand!"

WJKK WJKF

http://www.sikhdreamweddings.co.uk/

http://www.covkhalsa.co.uk

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

The Royal Lancaster Hotel now has a recorded message about the protest. Therefore we must continue to use the email contacts we have.

Its important to stress to Royal Lans that Maharaj cannot be keep overnight in the hotel.

Also the religious advise they received from Suraj is wrong and as a result he has lost his job on Vectone TV.

Royal Lancs have no right to agree to keep Maharaj overnight, they are not a Sikh religious institution allowed to make these decisions.

I sent this email to Royal Lancs:

To: 'car@royallancaster.com'; 'security@royallancaster.com'

Subject: Your decision to house Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji overnight.

Importance: High

Dear Craig Robertson & Chris Spalding

I have been informed by a reliable source that is related to the Bride’s family that your hotel will house Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji overnight (from evening of 22nd October till the end of the wedding on 23rd October).

This is madness and I implore you not to be part of this blasphemy. The hotel does not have the facilities or the environment suitable for Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the living Guru of Sikhs. Sikh respect Guruji by offering food 3 times a day. Also Guruji is put to rest in the evenings on a bed always on the highest point in the Temple. Guruji must be opened early morning & prayers recited. The Royal Lancaster might be good at the services it provides but they cannot think they can recreate a Sikh Temple & its environment.

Your hotel complex will continue to stock alcohol, meat & tobacco and the bars will remain open. You will be making a terrible decision to partake in this and the Royal Lancaster Hotel will send a message out to the Sikh Community that will never be rectified.

The Religious advisor to the family & who might have advised yourselves aswell (H Suraj) has been classified as a corrupt priest by the Sikh Community. Yesterday he lost his TV presenting role on Vectone Punjabi TV once the news got out that he will be part of this abuse to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. You can contact Bikramjit Singh of Vectone TV to verify this (0207 517 4322 press 0 after the message for reception or email info@vectone.tv).

I cannot stress this enough please do not be part of this plan to keep Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji overnight at your premises regardless to what others may have said. It is against Sikh Religious code of conduct and will cause great distress to the Sikh Community. Your organisation or the Police do not have the right to make decisions on Sikh Religious issues; I feel you are being misadvised. I hope am hoping to a positive response to my guidance.

Regards

We need to keep the pressure on!

Sangatji

Keep up the emails and phone calls to all involved parties. I sent this email to Craig Robertson. Keep your emails to the point and respectful. We have already achieved a victory with Suraj getting the boot from Vectone Punjab so keep the pressure up!

------------

Dear Craig,

I have been informed that the Sikh wedding that is taking place at your hotel has been involved in further controversy. It appears that the officiant (Granthi)at the wedding may have wrongly advised you that it is fine to keep the Sikh scripture (Guru Granth Sahib) overnight at your hotel. I am not sure whether you are aware but there are many ceremonies and procedures that need to be adhered to should your hotel keep the Guru Granth Sahib overnight. The room to which the Guru Granth Sahib is retired at night has to be ceremoniously cleaned and the building in which houses the room has to be free from alcohol, cigarettes and meat. Such an environment only exists in Gurdwaras (Sikh places of worship).Clearly it would be impossible for you to turn your hotel into such an environment if only for 24 hours.

I think that you may have been misadvised by the Granthi Harbans Singh Suraj. Perhaps you are not aware that this controversy has been making waves in the Sikh community for the last few days now. Mr Suraj has been sacked from his job at the Vectone Punjab satellite channel because clearly his involvement in this controversy brings the channel into disrepute amongst the Sikh community. Having discussed this matter with his employer at the channel Mr Suraj's role in the controversy has come as a complete surprise to them and his whole behaviour in this matter has resulted in termination of his services. The fact that the channel acted within hours of receiving the information about Mr Suraj's involvement shows how seriously this matter and Mr Suraj's role is taken within the Sikh community as well as those providing media services to the community.

I have no doubts that this wedding is causing you unwanted hassle which is taking a great deal of your time. The time spent must far outweigh the financial benefit accrued from the booking. As citizens of a multi-cultural nation we need to be aware that we do not hurt the religious sensibilities of our fellow citizens. As a business enterprise the need for respect of all members of the community is perhaps higher. I would implore you not to allow firstly the keeping of the Guru Granth Sahib on your premises overnight and secondly to use your good offices to resolve this controversy and the Guru Granth Sahib is not taken into your hotel for the wedding. I have no doubts that the campaign members would be able to offer an alternative venue usually a Gurdwara (place of worship) so that the wedding can go ahead as per the Sikh code of conduct. For the Sikh community this would the best outcome.

Please do not allow a renegade priest who has no credibility in the Sikh community to bring your hotel into disrepute. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Bikramjit Singh

VJKK VJKF

Hope this helps...

- - - - - - - -

To Whom It May Concern:

We understand you may have a flood of e-mails and telephone calls regarding the wedding which is taking place at your hotel next weekend. This has caused worldwide outrage with the Sikh community, but as well as outrage, it is deeply upsetting and hurtful. If you knew how much respect we have for our sacred Guru Granth Sahib Jee, you would think twice about allowing this wedding to take place at your hotel. We understand you are trying to run a fair business and it was booked with wrong information provided to you by a renegade priest who has no credibility in the Sikh community.

We run a website which reaches millions worldwide and we too are joining in the campaign, not to organise a protest, but to convince you before it gets to that stage to withdraw this ceremony from taking place with Guru Granth Sahib Jee present. I am sure you have been told the reasons why this is not acceptable in our community, and we are asking for you to listen to our request. The matter is drawing attention from Sikhs worldwide who will do everything in their power to stop this event from taking place and I am sure you can do without the protests taking place next weekend at your hotel.

We hope you will fulfil our requests and respond accordingly.

Regards,

EktaOne.com