How do you meditate?

what if one meditates without saying WAHEGURU out loud ?

i can't meditate even for half a minute :'( :'(

plzz help :):(

Veer ji,

have Patience. Sit down do not say anything, do not speak....just sit down without moving a muscle. you must first learn to sit without letting the mind distract you. You may be sitting down, but suddenly you'll have an itch on ur ear or u feel like moving your leg. IGNORE IT. Just watch your mind, Watch the thoughts. When you feel you are able to sit without having the mind double-cross you with a false itch or to make you think you need to move your leg or seomthing. it will become easier to sit without distractions and then you can start to recite the Mantra.

Hope it helps.

Wah

eguru.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pheena Posted on Oct 15 2003, 01:38 PM

You may be sitting down, but suddenly you'll have an itch on ur ear or u feel like moving your leg.

oh my god ! ohmy.gif

that happens all the time :)

this maya...bloody trouble maker :( @

this is for u pheena jee --->>> ^_^^_^

thanks worthy.gif:

Remember:

Sa mantar Prabh Khalay Deena

Vaaheguru Padh Pavan Keena

you actually posted this is another post also. what does it mean?

This is the mantar that God gave Khalsa and made the status of Vaaheguru the highest of all

Someone else might be able to give a better and more clear meaning of it.

"Vaaheguru gur mantar hai jap hoome khoe"

Khalsa Souja, how can one focus on nothing? still alot of thoughts pop up in the mind.

Vir ji

i know u asked Khalsa Soulja this, hope you don't mind me sharing my thoughts on your question.

Thoughts exist because you Fuel those thoughts by attaching yourself to them.

A thought arises that you need to go to the bank, you being to fuel that thought by acknowleding it, then it triggers another thought that while on the way to the bank you should stop to get some gas. Which trigger another thought that gas is pretty expensive these days and i should try to find a gas staion with cheap gas......do u see where this is heading.

Your mind is like a Secretary, It is the job of the mind to remind you of things to give you advice. But if you no longer need the secretary why would the mind talk to you. But it is very difficult to ignore the Mind.

So a Technique in Meditation used that instead of being attached to your mind, become the Watcher of your thoughts. Whatever arises in your mind....watch it. do not feed it by agreeing with it disagreeing with it. Simply watch it. Create this distance between you and the Mind. When you being to watch the mind the purpose of the thought was to get some approval or disapproval. But since you do not answer to its command the thought simply fades away.

Now Slowly your mind wil

l begin to quiet down, because the Master (you) is not ready to talk to the Slave (mind). How dare the Servent (mind) speak up when the master is awake. When you are Unaware , your mind is overwhlemed with thoughts. But once you (master) have become aware of the thoughts that are being produced in your mind. The mind (slave) will not speak without approval. That is being Awarefull of your mind.

What then is meditation? Just sitting silently doing nothing, witnessing whatsoever is happening all around; just watching it with no prejudice, no conclusion, no idea what is wrong and what is right.

When the master is not at home, the servants do as they please.

When you are not aware of your mind, the mind creates thousands upon thousands of thoughts.

When you are at home, the servants do not speak unless they are spoken to.

When you are aware the mind is no longer the master of the house.

Watching your mind, a sense of Nothingness overcomes you, because once the mind has been silenced who is there to produce a thought? Nothiness. Concentrating on that Nothingness is meditation.

The purpose of meditation is for the mind to become Silent.

You begin in the mind by reciting a mantra, but you do not end in the mind. You go beyond the mind into Nothiness.

If you begin and end in the mind, you have gotten no where. The purpose of the meditation was for the mind to become silent, for it to become peacefull.

i hope it helps

Waheguru

Yes I know but how? how do you meditate?

This is what the panj pyare teach you, and anything that anyone else tries to teach you will be jhoot (fraud)!

Only panj pyare can teach you gurmantar and how to properly recite it. Anyone else who says they know is lying.

Agree 100% ^_^