Many Wives In Sikhism

Guest Dilkaraja

Now being the great grandson of Guru Angad Sahib Ji, Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji was also his Sikh. So don't tell me he wouldn't follow command of Sri Guru Arjan Sahib Ji.
it is true. so by this it means whatever Guru Ji did, Sikhs are also allowed to do it. so can i hunt and wear kalgi? is it Sikhi? you are saying that if Guru Ji did not do something then he wouldn't tell Sikhs to do it but if Guru Ji did something then why wouldn't he tell Sikhs to do it i.e. hunting or to wear kalgi?
you said your backup sources are the talk you had with Baba Hardev Singh Ji (Luloo Vaal) and a book of either Bh. Sangat Singh or Gyani Sant Gurbhachan Singh Ji. So which other historial references are you talking about now?

don't remember anything about this in sangat singh's book. yes, Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji wrote about this. all taksals, nihung jathebandis share the similar belief. beside that I have two books on Guru Gobind Singh Ji, and have heard in katha that sooraj parkash and panth parkash both talk about 3 wives. three angeethas exist. how do you explain that? but maybe you can provide sources that talk about only one wife, besides that arti

cle and i will look into that to get my doubts cleared. never too late to learn something new. and please don't tell me Guru Ji called Mata Jeeto Ji, Sundari because she looked too beautiful.

Guru Hargobind JI had more than one wife but why is it not possible that Guru Gobind Singh Ji might have had similar situation. As I have read in the Jeevani of Guru Ji, it said that Guru Ji had one wife at first, second at baintee of Mata Ji, and third....well, one Sikh did ardaas of marrying his daughter to Guru when she was at young age. since then everyone started calling her mata ji and when he came to guru ji, Guru Ji refused to get married but Sikh requested that then no one would marry his daughter because everyone called her mata ji so Guru Ji married her but had no physical relationship with her. This mata ji was Mata Sahib Kaur Ji. When she asked for children Guru Ji pointed out to Khalsa and said "You are mother of Khalsa".

according to your quote "Avar Updeshe Aaap Naa Kare" Guru Ji would do Anand Karaj and then declare her his wife. without Anand Karaj, husband and wife relation is not established. Anand Karaj is not merely a physical relationship. as Guru Ji called it "two bodies and one soul" which implies that it is also spiritual relationship. w/o this Guru Ji would never accept anyone as His wife. Khalsa does not have parents who were never married through Anand Karaj.

Bhul Chuk Khima. correct me if i am wrong. my request.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

A husband has the right to call his wife affectionately by any name, don't you think ?

physical beauty attracted Guru Ji? you really think so Singh Ji? Guru Gobind Singh Ji and Gurbani are the same. and you do know who Gurbani calls "beautiful ones". no doubt Mata Ji was beautiful but Guru Ji does not look at physical beauty and call someone "Sundar". and what was wrong with the first name? please enlighten me. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

@JSingh

but he had physical relationship with only two wives

How do u know that .

its all false , do our guru's require physical relationship to produce sahebjadey's ?

wrong ,if a great mahapurush baba deep singh ji can fight with his head in his hand,

still do u think our guruji's required physical relation. no.

even Parvati (shankar bhagwans wife) who is at very very low level compared to our guruji's , was able to produce ganesh dewtaa with her own body dirt.

so i say that our guruji's can do anything without even touching others.

Regarding marraiges , no one knows true history, even no one knows who was behind killing of sanjay gandhi , jhon F kennedy ,netaji subhaschandra bose.

so dont go in history , live in present, amrit chako ,singh sajo, wand chako.

Bijla Singh, lets not talk hearsay. I know you read a lot of books and have a lot of gyaan aswell so let us try to stay out of "I heard this" kind of talk.

beside that I have two books on Guru Gobind Singh Ji
Which two books are these? Authors?
and have heard in katha that sooraj parkash and panth parkash both talk about 3 wives

We all know how credible are works of Bhai Santokh Singh and Rattan Singh 'Bhangu'. You know when it comes to things like Raag Maala, you go and say there is 'milavat' in these texts and when you have something to support you, you go and use that?

Singh don't take my personally. I've only attacked your points. I know have a lot of things to share with us all so keep posting.

and about the hunting and kalgi thing, first of all, when Guru Sahib used to train for war, he always had other Sikhs with him and he trained them along side. So if there is a documented source which says Guru Sahib did sikar, then it also can be used to prove that other Sikhs used to be hunt with Guru Sahib. But can we hunt today? Is there a need? And about Kalgi, the only reason why Guru Sahib wore it (acco

rding to my limited thinking) was because of the need of that time. And don't forget when the time asked, Guru Sahib even bestowed it on the head of Bhai Sangat Singh at Chamkaur di garri. And even if he wore it, how can you compare this to having more than one wife? Guru Sahib also wrote shastars, are you also goign to stop wearing them because you cannot compare with Guru Sahib? Guru Sahib also lived in a house, rested on beds.. are you going to stop all these things? The thing is Guru Sahib lived a practical life so his Sikhs could follow it.

I will get the names and other details of the books on sunday. Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji's source is reliable for me. He studied Sikhi for many years and was a great scholar. I haven't had the time to read Bhai Veer Singh Ji's books on Guru Gobind Singh Ji. hopefully i will someday.

You know when it comes to things like Raag Maala, you go and say there is 'milavat' in these texts and when you have something to support you, you go and use that?
Yes you are right and I say that because Bhai Sahib Ji clearly wrote that he has no idea who wrote raag maala and when it was written. and also he says he does not know why guru ji wrote it if this is work of Guru Ji. So Bhai Sahib had no clear idea on what he was talking about. first he says, Guru Ji did not write it and then he says he has no idea. you and me both know that not everything is wrong in these granths. there is milavat but it includes many sakhis that are very common and acceptable in SIkhi. all puratan granths have milavat and there is no doubt about it. sooraj parkash is written by using puratan sources like gurbilas. bhai veer singh ji gives very much detail about puratan historical books and when those were written and who wrote them. no book written before sooraj parkash talks about raag maala. well, that is not the point. my point is for few wrong things an old granth cannot be ignored. it is used for many common sakhis. there are two p

anth parkash and i am well aware of gyani gyan singh's work. with my limited knowledge i do not know what u mean by "works of bhangu". perhaps you could shed some light on that. as far as i know bhangu's work is better than gyan singh's.

I did not take anything personally. if you could help me to clear me doubt and help me learn more i will be grateful to you. your other points are well taken. i am not going to quit anything just because guru ji did so. that was my whole point. guru ji told sikhs to hunt animals the ones he pointed at. He never sent any SIkh to go out and kill animals. Guru Ji specifically pointed out the birds and animals and gave hukam to kill them. none of the Sikhs questioned and said "killing is against sikhi". hukam. thats it. guru ji is maha kaal and he gives life and death so He has every right to kill but we do not. Guru Ji was one with Waheguru and showed us a way to get there. we cannot do everything guru ji did and we should not try to. by saying "why can't i have more than one wife" are we not trying to compare ourselves with Guru Ji?

And even if he wore it, how can you compare this to having more than one wife?

simple point singh ji, Guru Ji can do lot more than Sikhs. He created Maryada for us. of course he followed it too. But, Guru Ji having 3 wives and humans having 3 wives is totally different. He is the One without panj chor and human are never without panj chor.

Guru Sahib also wrote shastars, are you also goign to stop wearing them because you cannot compare with Guru Sahib?

no. Guru Ji's hukam to keep shastars. Sikhi teaches to follow Hukam not to do "rees" of Guru Ji.

but lets put these aside and please answer (someone or you) the questions asked in previous posts.

1) why are there three angeethas?

2) How can Mata Sahib Kaur Ji be only spiritual wife of Guru Ji? how is that possible in Sikhi? "he lived practical life so his sikhs could follow it"------how can one have spiritual wife without going thru anand karaj.

3) any puratan sources that talk about only ONE wife of Guru Ji? or anything written by naami gursikhs on this? Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji wrote three wives, any other naami gursikh wrote differently? in which book?

please write answers. my humble request to you all. if i offended anyone i apolozige. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

first of all guru sahib have never had a phisical realtion with their own wifes,they got son just by looking and if anyone ask me prove ill not beacuse this is said by very very very chardi kalla singhs(i dont need to prove i belive in my guru yet im a rascal) and 2nd gurujee had more than 1 wife ,yes they had but its a very big katha behind it of guru gobind singh maharaj when he was in his pechla jamma as (dustdaman) many singhs over here must be knowing this katha if they can post it itll be awsome sewa. and plss donot suspect whether he had 1 or 2 he had so he had we dont know rite katha behind it so plss modeators if u see the thread (misunderstands too much dont close but remove it)

one parcharak came to my place and told the same thing praji pointed here.. and he said it was in da suraj parkash granth (sorry if i said the granth name wrongly) .. during the camp the children assked as why sri guru hargobind ji had more then more then one wife and the virji said that in the granth is written that gurujee doesnt have physical rship .. they just merely look into their wives eyes...

is this true??anyone has ever read the granth before>?

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

first of all guru sahib have never had a phisical realtion with their own wifes,they got son just by looking and if anyone ask me prove ill not beacuse this is said by very very very chardi kalla singhs(i dont need to prove i belive in my guru yet im a rascal) and 2nd gurujee had more than 1 wife ,yes they had but its a very big katha behind it of guru gobind singh maharaj when he was in his pechla jamma as (dustdaman) many singhs over here must be knowing this katha if they can post it itll be awsome sewa. and plss donot suspect whether he had 1 or 2 he had so he had we dont know rite katha behind it so plss modeators if u see the thread (misunderstands too much dont close but remove it)

one parcharak came to my place and told the same thing praji pointed here.. and he said it was in da suraj parkash granth (sorry if i said the granth name wrongly) .. during the camp the children assked as why sri guru hargobind ji had more then more then one wi

fe and the virji said that in the granth is written that gurujee doesnt have physical rship .. they just merely look into their wives eyes...

is this true??anyone has ever read the granth before>?

If I'm not mistaken this Granth si writen by Kavi SAntokh Singh.

AS for why GuruHargobind SHaib ji had three wives - well 've read somewhere tha it wasn't at the same time, one passed away, then next and so on :lol:

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

views given by some of you (book readers) are well identical like me.(like on physical relation).

and guru saheb does not require in looking eyes too.

Please dont say like this again.I feel hurt.

and i read no books. it does not requires books to decide everything.

just use common sense , read gurbani more and more and gurusaheb will

do kirpa on u too.