Why Are These Sikhs Wearing Tiliks?

AussieSikh

Satsriakal to all and ms514 Ji!

There is a big difference.

Gurdev sings that bathing, putting on Tilak on the forehead etc. alone do not help to realize God if inside all is black.

You discard Tilak because thousands of Pandits in India wear Tilaks but encourage killings of fellow humans.

In my view, RSS and Shiv Sena people have to learn Simran. Can you assure truth to them if they are ready for it?

Be sure that the wisdom of Simran is lost among most of the Hindus also.

But what has a Hindu with our spiritual Progress to do?

A Hindu may cause more harm if we cannot get rid of him from our mind.

The easiest way is Naam Simran provided one is blessed with its truth.

--------------

Dear SSM Ji!

You have understood it.

God is Samdarsee, sees the same HIMSELF in all. Sat Guroo is also Samdarsee.

Only human beings without Naam are ego-darsee, see only what ego wishes.

Nothing is good or bad, also a Tilak.

One may remain hanging on Tilak by giving it preference to Simran or hating Tilak by remembering Hindu faces.

I would reject and start hating Tilak right now if God promises me His Vision for this.

Love to all.

Balbir Singh

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest militant singh
militant sikh ur not making sense.

u say Guru Ji forbid us from making a pligrmigae

then u say we can go but it dont make us better

but if we forbidden then how can we as sikhs go?

148226[/snapback]

in ''forbidden'' i ment carrying out a trip jus 2 go 2 the 1 place jus like muslims do in mecca..You can go normally the guru has stated he does not want his sikhs 2 perform pilgramiages, Go 2 the Gurdvare but not in the form of pilgramage thats all im sayin

thanks for clearing it militant singh

Balbir Singh I may have understood this in your opinion but only God knows the truth and those that do bhagti, me and you and everyone else on this forum can only guess.

God knws who is right and lol maybe tilak is not allowed:)

Satsriakal to all!

Quote " . . . the guru has stated he does not want his sikhs 2 perform pilgramiages . . ."

Please provide a reference. I will be grateful.

--------------

Dear SSM Ji!

You wrote "God knws who is right and lol maybe tilak is not allowed:)"

Thank God that no one can disapprove the use of the word Tilak in Gurbani.

I feel that any word that is spoken from our Gurus has become Pavitar.

Or do some feel that some of the words that God has spoken through our Gurus are pure and some others are not.

Balbir Singh

Guest militant singh
Satsriakal to all!

Quote " . . . the guru has stated he does not want his sikhs 2 perform pilgramiages . . ."

Please provide a reference. I will be grateful.

--------------

Dear SSM Ji!

You wrote "God knws who is right and lol maybe tilak is not allowed:)"

Thank God that no one can disapprove the use of the word Tilak in Gurbani.

I feel that any word that is spoken from our Gurus has become Pavitar.

Or do some feel that some of the words that God has spoken through our Gurus are pure and some others are not.

Balbir Singh

148433[/snapback]

TILAK IS BANNED END OF STORY- THE GURU DID NOT WANT US 2 GO ON PILGRAMAGES THIS IS WELL KNOWN AND IS IN GURBANI .COULD SUM1 PLEASE PROVIDE A QUOTE 4 MR BALBIR SINGH HERE -HE DONT SEEM 2 UNDASTAND

The reason sikhs should steer clear of partaking in any ritual wether its wearing of tilak or pilgrimiges is because it Might Delude us from the path to god.

we shouldnt hate various rituals performed by some because thses practises came to be at the will of the almighty. God does things for the best of reasons. thats unquestionable.

Am i making sense?

someone correct me if im wrong

thank you.

Guest militant singh
Since your so sure of it Militant, why dont you post the "quote", I mean there has to be reasoning behind your thinking.

148456[/snapback]

lost soul u r a lost soul and dats all a lost soul......QUOTE... '''''Sikhism condemns rituals such as fasting & pilgrimages ''''''''''http://www.world-faiths.com/Sikhism/sikhism.htm ANOTHER QUOTE 'Some spiritual behavior: Superstitions and rituals not meaningful to Sikhs should not be observed or followed; (pilgrimages, fasting and bathing in rivers; circumcision; worship of graves, idols, pictures; compulsory wearing of the veil for women; etc.)''http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikhism_prohibited_behavior ANOTHER QUOTE 'Sikhism condemns blind rituals such as fasting, visiting places of pilgrimage, superstitions, worship of the dead, idol worship etc.'http://www.sikhworld.co.uk/page2.html LOST SOUL U WANTDED A RELIGIOUS QUOTE ''ERE U GO ''5) Sikhism does not believe in fasting or pilgrimages.

"The mind is not softened by fasting or austerities. Nothing else is equal to worship of the Lord's Name." (Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang 905)

"The pilgrimage to shrines, fasting, cleanliness and self-mortification are not of any avail, nor are the rituals, religious ceremonies and hollow adoration's. Deliverance, O! Nanak! is in the devotional service of God. Through duality the mortal is engrossed in worldliness. (Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang 75)

I do not make pilgrimages to Mecca, nor do I worship at Hindu sacred shrines. I serve the One Lord, and not any other. ||2|| (Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang 1136)

I do not keep fasts, nor do I observe the month of Ramadaan. I serve only the One, who will protect me in the end. ||1|| The One Lord, the Lord of the World, is my God Allah. He adminsters justice to both Hindus and Muslims. ||1||Pause|| (Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang 1136) http://www.searchsikhism.com/islam3.html TILAK IS BANNED RITUALS R FORDDIEDN AND STUPID AND WORTHLESS I STAND BY ALL THAT I HAVE EVER SAID ON THIS TOPIC AND WILL STAND BY THE TRITH AND CONTINUE TO PROPOGATE DA TRUTH