Why Are These Sikhs Wearing Tiliks?

AussieSikh

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest militant singh
The quote from Baba Nanak 'The Hindu is blind, the Muslim has one eye' has been totally misinterpreted.

Guru Nanak did not cuss other peoples religions. He did not cuss Hindus and he did not cuss Muslims. He criticised those Hindus and Muslims who did not see beyond their rituals and get to the heart and essence of their religion. He was speaking about how religion had decayed - how generally speaking the Hindus and Muslims around him were not being faithful and true to the essence of their religion.

To misunderstand this, and to twist it around, to make it look as though Baba Nanak was inspired by hatred of Hindus or Muslims, is so offensive to me, it makes me angry.

When he said this, he used it as an example for his new panth to emulate his idea - a religion in which the adherents can live with both eyes open - to see the essence and not the ritual, to not become like the Hindu or Muslim who forgets the essence of their faith. It is him urging Sikhs to show in their faith that you can be an example to others. It is him saying to his panth, do not decay like some people from other religions have decayed. Guru Nanak loved Hindus and Muslims and all of humanity. He was not cussing their religions - he was saying as their brother that they were not living up to the best and beautiful things of their religions.

To use this quotation as an example by which to hate Hindus is so far wrong, that it makes me think that the example applies to whoever stated it - that this Sikh has gone blind for not being able to differentiate and understand Baba Nanak's words - and for imputing a message of intolerance to my beautiful Guru Nanak Dev Ji which was as far from what he was saying as it is possible to be.

If you are unable to separate the personal from the political, if you are unable to see why individuals should not be judged on the basis of politics or the struggle for Sikh identity, if you wish to promote a vision of intolerance and hatred then fine, do so.

BUT DO NOT DARE TWIST BABA NANAK'S WORDS TO DO SO!!!!

Do you understand?

147600[/snapback]

Lemee jus say @ no point have i said i '''HATE'' the hindu faith or muslim faith in a way u have bvcked up my quote as this topic is about rituals eg tilaks and they men nothing thats what guru nanak was sayin they mean nuffin and dats what im sayin

Guest militant singh
Satsriakal to all!

All those, who have shown hatred against Tilak, are not true Sikhs.

I could not find one instance in Gurbani where our Gurus have criticized Tilak and suggested us to reject it.

Rather, there is only praise for Tilak.

It is high time to recognize preachers who instigate hatred in Sikh Youths. They should abdicate.

Balbir Singh

147667[/snapback]

u should be proud that young sikh youths r waking up and defending Sikhism and u shouldnt put them dwn as being 'non tru sikhs''.......................We aint showin hatered jus defending the faith 2day they wearing tilaks nex deyll worship idols and become idolators

Quote "u should be proud that young sikh youths r waking up and defending Sikhism and u shouldnt put them dwn as being 'non tru sikhs''.......................We aint showin hatered jus defending the faith 2day they wearing tilaks nex deyll worship idols and become idolators "

In my view, one who has come to know true Simran he transcends all material layers. Idols and all symbols are on the surface level of Maya.

My point is not to hold any symbol. Even hating a symbol is holding it fast, including Tilak.

Worth is to be with the Shabad Guru that always slips out from our mind.

Balbir Singh

Sat Sri Akal:

Sikhs do not hate the Janeoo, the Tilak, the idols, etc. of any faith. HOWEVER, these are not items that are prescribed in the Sikh faith and rather are, as you state, Maya to be avoided. You are making an flawed assumption about the Sikh youth.

Anyways, why are you so hung up on the Tilak...what, some Tilak applying Pandit is giving you commission for every Tilak you van get on a Sikh's forehead?

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!

Dear ms514 Ji!

It is interesting to read your post.

In my view, many people visit Forums. Some people wish to find clarity and others to confirm their ignorance.

Some readers may feel uneasy with my posts because I cannot confirm their ignorance.

I also do not waste time taking snap of a dog's tail to show it to the blind.

My posts are for true searchers with open mind, heart and eyes.

Strange rituals come in practices when the true wisdom is lost. Many such activities and values in life of a Sikh are visible in general these days.

Adhering blindly to something or rejecting it, both are hindrances for the spiritual progress.

--------------

The word paras, in various forms, occur often in Gurbani. This word is a verb and means 'to touch'.

Only those, who have come to know true Simran, experience the energy transfer of true Shabad.

Tilak on the forehead is received when true Shabad Guru touches one and settles down permanently as 'Neesaan'. For the first time one comes to recognize the blessing of being perfectly contented.

Gurbani says msqik nIswxu scau krmu kl´ joiV kr D´wieAau ]

"mastak neesaan sacha-o karam kal-y jorh kar Dhayaa-i-a-o."

The sign on the forehead is true action, Kal! Meditate with folding hands.

prisAau gurU siqgur iqlku srb ieC iqin pwieAau ]9]

"parsi-o guroo satgur tilak sarab ichh tin paa-i-a-o." ||9|| SGGS page 1394

Guru touched as Satgur Tilak, his all wishes are fulfilled.

--------------

One may go on rejecting Tilak for lives. It is not surprising as they never get the touch of the Shabad Guru.

A true Sikh is one who is blessed with Tilak on Mastak (forehead), the true touch of the Shabad Satguru.

Love to all.

Balbir Singh

Sat Sri Akal:

I have seen haumai like that from only a select few...fake Babae...when their percieved authority and knowledge is challenged, they begin to insult others as ignorant. Be more careful...you will not attract many chelae with that attitude.

If the bestowment of the Shabad Guru will automatically give you a Tilak, then why are none of the real Guru Kae Sikhs ever seen with Tilaks? Never once does history talk of Baba Deep Singh, Bhai Mani Singh, Bhai Taru Singh or any other Gursikh wearing a Tilak. Are you stating that they were too low of a level to receive a Tilak?

You call everyone here blind, and yet whenever someone is here to challenge your beliefs or views, it is you who shows his true close-mindedness by calling people ignorant, where it is the property of a true Gurmukh to say I am the moorakh and everyone else is smart.

And if we are all Moorakhs, then follow the Guru Shabad to which you claim you are immersed in and stop arguing with us.

Satsriakal to all and ms514 Ji!

It is interesting to note that every time you fail to provide references from Gurbani and come back to your cult and personal views.

One should not blame others for his spiritual bankruptcy.

Better visit the holy birth place of Guru Gobind Singh Ji namely Patna Sahib and the Joti Jot Place of Him namely Hazoor Sahib in Nander to receive the Tilak.

Get prepared first seeking the company of true Saints to understand Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

I hope you come out of Taboos to receive Tilak in this life.

Let me repeat these wonderful Vaaks from Gurbani.

sMK ck® mwlw iqlku ibrwijq dyiK pRqwpu jmu firE ]

"sankh chakar maalaa tilak biraajit daykh partaap jam dari-o."

Watching glory of the adorned with Sankh, Chakra, Mala and Tilak, the messenger of death is scared.

inrBa BE rwm bl grijq jnm mrn sNqwp ihirAo ]

"nirbha-o bha-ay raam bal garjit janam maran santaap hiri-o." SGGS page 1105

Becoming fearless Raam's Power thunders, the pains of birth and death are taken away.

Another great reference is this.

siqgurU kl siqgur iqlku siq lwgY so pY qrY ]

"satguroo kal satgur tilak sat laagai so pai tarai." SGGS page 1391

Satguroo, Kal says is Satguroo Tilak. Attached with this Truth, he swims across.

You wrote " . . . you will not attract many chelae with that attitude."

But I have a different impression. I feel that many Baabays are seeking a chaylaa like me to run their business smoothly in the future.

No thanks, I do not know the recipe to cook Waheguroo and sell it like many sweet makers.

Balbir Singh