Hazoor Sahib

WJKK WJKF pray.gif

Sikh mecca gears up for celebrations

CNN-IBN

Updated 2012 hrs IST (+GMT 5:30), 03.02.06 Email Print

Mumbai: The Sachkhand Gurdwara in Maharashtra is gearing up for its 300th anniversary.

Built by Maharaja Ranjit Singh, the gurdwara holds as much significance for Sikhs as Amritsar's Golden temple.

Nanded's Sachkhand gurdwara holds special significance for the Sikh community as this is the place where Guru Gobind Singh first put forth the Guru ki gaddi or the Granth Sahib as the holy book of worship.

The akhandpaaths (religious scriptures) have echoed in its corridors for over three centuries now and devotees with a special wish offer their prayers via the granthis (priests).

Bedecked in gold, this shrine holds a special place in every Sikh heart.

While one just can't miss the langar or community meals served in tradition, it's the Hindu rituals of aarti, ghanti and chandan tikaa practised for centuries, that remains yet another draw for devotees. :)

"It's a different feeling to see aarti, tikaa and ghanti at a gurdwara. It's just like we are at a temple," Samita Sethi, a devotee, says.

:@

For believers like Maninder Singh, who's made this trip all the way from California after 22 years, it's the traditional essence of Sikhism that he hopes to take back home.

"I'm making a documentary for those staying outside India and can't take this pilgrimage," Singh says.

The city is already in revamp mode to live up to the centuries-long prominence of the Gurdwara.

About 25 lakh Sikhs from all over the world are expected to throng the shrine in 2008 and this dome still maintains its position as a sanctuary for the Sikh community.

If u have been to Hazur Sahib,then you will be totaly> <_< @ !

What you read is NOTHING :)   compared to what you will see there :@

150292[/snapback]

yeah i don't think black/white sikhs are too pleased to see puratan maryada which challenges their mindset, they don't even try to research into things which are done there, so they cannot fathom cosmic interpertation of rituals performed there.

i just love to see how uncomfortable(over parnoid) these black and white sikhs get when they see rituals which challenges their mindset...i usually crack a smile and move on.

Namastang ji, are you reffering to such things as the RITUALISTIC arti they do there??? If so , i must ask you a question, if one was actually listening to and understanding what the arti is saying, would u be carrying out those rituals? let me answer that for you, those who wave around divay and trays while reciting guroo nanak dev jis arti are most definently NOT understanding what guroo sahib is saying.

it is known that there was a period durin sikh history when it was hinduus and masants that controlled gurughats, tru singhs were all mostly in jungles and fighting

MANY hindu influences crept in here, and the british raaj didint help either

places like hazoor sahib stilll are left to abandon artee stuff which as singstah said is jus useleess

iof u read an dUNDERSTAND artee in GURUBANEE, u will see the artee of a dhaal is nuthin and pointless, the whole universe is doin a celestial artee

theres no point in readin arthee and then doin the hindu version

bhula chuka maf

it is known that there was a period durin sikh history when it was hinduus and masants that controlled gurughats, tru singhs were all mostly in jungles and fighting

MANY hindu influences crept in here, and the british raaj didint help either

places like hazoor sahib stilll are left to abandon artee stuff which as singstah said is jus useleess

iof u read an dUNDERSTAND artee in GURUBANEE, u will see the artee of a dhaal is nuthin and pointless, the whole universe is doin a celestial artee

theres no point in readin arthee and then doin the hindu version

bhula chuka maf

150406[/snapback]

I have spoken to Taksali Singhs and they have different views to you, and dont have a problem with artee at Sri Hazoor Sahib. Also if you want to understand more about Purtan maryada then please read Sant Jawala Singhs Jee Jeevan Katha all these points are covered. As Purtan Taksal did not have a problem with this. Nihangs, Nirmalas also do artee in the same way.

I find sikhs nowadays think everything as to do with hindus.

If u have been to Hazur Sahib,then you will be totaly> :umm: @ !

What you read is NOTHING :@   compared to what you will see there <_<

150292[/snapback]

yeah i don't think black/white sikhs are too pleased to see puratan maryada which challenges their mindset, they don't even try to research into things which are done there, so they cannot fathom cosmic interpertation of rituals performed there.

i just love to see how uncomfortable(over parnoid) these black and white sikhs get when they see rituals which challenges their mindset...i usually crack a smile and move on.

150300[/snapback]

Hey Bhaj , what do you think of Amritpal Singh Amrit's analysis of Hazoor Sahib Maryada - is Amritpal Singh also one of those "black and white" Sikhs? :) ?