The Issue With Sari's

kirandeep

thanks for trying to point out what mann kaum layee meant, i hope thats what he or she meant.

i agree with you that hey if you can use your kirpan to get out of a life threatening situation then by all means one should.

quote: if your attached to your family, wealth and other worldley posessions then by all means beg your heart out wen the camras rollin

but i strongly disagree with your statement as above. i DONT think that people who are begging in front of the camera are thinking about their wealth and possessions.

these people are beheaded. this situation is not for me and you to talk about. unless we are in their shoes one cannot say what he or she is gonna do or what is it that they are thinking about. Those who die innocently should always be remembered in our prayers.

once again, i only wanted some everyday life scenerios and mann kaum layee provided the gas station scenerio whch made sense.

sorry to the original poster, didnt mean to steal your thread.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa!

Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh!!

As a Sikh, and Sikh woman, I feel that you can wear anything you want to wear, as long as you wear your uniform with gracefulness, and acknowledge the fact that what you are wearing is only being worn because you feel comfortable in it, and that in no shape or form you are embarrassing yourself.

Basically if you are an Amirthari woman, you can wear anything and look beautiful. Because no matter what you are wearing, you can never depart from your 5 K’s, remember when we took Amrit, the 5 K’s became part of our limbs. The bottom line is, when you decide what you are going to wear, you need to it with respect, dignity and courage. Make sure what you wear is for yourself, not for anyone. For instance, you are not trying to impress someone with what you are wearing.

No mater what the circumstances, if you are Amrithari Sikh woman, it is your duty to keep your form, and identity as a Sikh. Clothes are modest and exemplary for ones identity and character, but remember when you took Amrit, you gave your head to Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji, and it is duty to live this lifestyle with the utmost respect and dignity.

With that said, remember what you wear, should be reflection of Guru Ji’s teaching. Will you be able to do your nitnem in what you are wearing? Can you do Seva in what you are wearing? Will you be comfortable enough to do Kirtan? Will you be ready to fight if needed too? Can you walk, sit, run, or move, while doing Simran? I know many of us don’t do this 24/7, we do have “social lives” like going to the Prom. But remember live your life so that when you are close to death, you can look back and say I have no regrets, that as an Amrithari woman, I lived my life to the fullest extent with Guru Ji’s teaching along my side.

Always remember that in this life time, no matter what you do, your actions will always be judged by others, however, it is your intentions that will be judged by Guru Ji.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa!

Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh!!

Like usual, if you're looking for a Gurmat-based response, find any post in which Namstang refers to "fanatics" multiple times in a single sentence, and then do the exact opposite of what he advises.

A sari isn't practical in any way at all. It's like walking around wrapped in a sheet. You've got to practically hold the damn thing together. And it's nearly impossible to avoid a bare midriff and backside. Moreover, you end up waddling around...can't even take a proper step. Staircases are a big no-no.

Does a sari in ANY way at all resemble the appearance of a Singhni – woman waddling around, holding her clothing together? Obviously not.

Show yourself some dignity and spare yourself the degradation. Realize who and what you are. A Singhni wouldn't rely on cultural appropriation to pilfer clothing from others. Guru Sahib has given you Gurmukhi Baana. It's much more elegant and much more becoming of a Singhni than a sheet being desperately held together.

Don't pay any heed to the attempts of an unfortunate few males who are constantly threatened by Singhnis who look more like Sikhs than themselves. Let them wallow away in their preoccupation with third genders, etc.

personal question for you singhni ji:

do you beleive amritdhari sikh women with keski, bana gets free passport to sachkhand compare to amritdhari sikh women who doesnt wear keski and bana?

Please answer this question directly instead of going around the circles.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa!

Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh!!

As a Sikh, and Sikh woman, I feel that you can wear anything you want to wear, as long as you wear your uniform with gracefulness, and acknowledge the fact that what you are wearing is only being worn  because you feel comfortable in it, and that in no shape or form you are embarrassing yourself.

Basically if you are an Amirthari woman, you can wear anything and look beautiful. Because no matter what you are wearing, you can never depart from your 5 K’s, remember when we took Amrit, the 5 K’s became part of our limbs. The bottom line is, when you decide what you are going to wear, you need to it with respect, dignity and courage. Make sure what you wear is for yourself, not for anyone. For instance, you are not trying to impress someone with what you are wearing.

No mater what the circumstances, if you are Amrithari Sikh woman, it is your duty to keep your form, and identity as a Sikh. Clothes are modest and exemplary for ones identity and character, but remember when you took Amrit, you gave your head to Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji, and it is duty to live this lifestyle with the utmost respect and dignity.

With that said, remember what you wear, should be reflection of Guru Ji’s teaching. Will you be able to do your nitnem in what you are wearing? Can you do Seva in what you are wearing? Will you be comfortable enough to do Kirtan? Will you be ready to fight if needed too? Can you walk, sit, run, or move, while doing Simran? I know many of us don’t do this 24/7, we do have “social lives” like going to the Prom. But remember live your life so that when you are close to death, you can look back and say I have no regrets, that as an Amrithari woman, I lived my life to the fullest extent with Guru Ji’s teaching along my side. 

Always remember that in this life time, no matter what you do, your actions will always be judged by others, however, it is your intentions that will be judged by Guru Ji.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa!

Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh!!

152904[/snapback]

Great post ji, about time sensible replies are coming.

namastang...

you could learn a thing or two or three from faujkaur...her reply was simple, straightforward, to the point, and best part...didn't aim to put anyone down...

she got across the same message you probably wanted to..but did it in an eloquent way that people can accept and learn from...

i honestly agree with you...if kirandeep wants to wear a sari..and she's got her panj kakkar on..and she can wear it in a way that will make her look classy, then by all means she should go with it...there is no restriction...

however, you have the crappiest, probably the most negative tone on this site...you seem to bring your anti-certain jatha agenda into every thread..and frankly are contributing nothing positive to this site...i'm sorry..it might sound harsh and rude...but really this is someting you need to read...

your versoin of sikhi works for you..that's great....tuhanu mubaraak....

if somoene wants to wear keski...ohna nu mubaraak

if somone wants to read raagmala..ohna nu mubarak

if someone doesn't want ot read raagmala..ohna nu mubarak

(note..raagmala...just taken as an example here...don't make it part of the debate)

you used to always preach about the DIVERSITY in sikhi..but in essence you have never caught on to the spirit of that concept...you've only used it to make yourself look all progressive and accepting..but you turn around and accuse other jathas, you have the balls to call groups of people "malech khalsa"...you say you listen and respect mahapurshes...and that is cool...but the greatest insult you can do to any true mahapursh is to claim that you follow them and then turn around and act in manner that would make them cringe....a true sevak only seeks to know about gursikhi, about gurbani, endeavors to involve himself in seva, simran, sangat...

not in mudslinging matches....

and to take words of advice from our Guru...

farida jay tu akal lateef, kalay lekh na likh

aapnaraay giravan sio, sir neeva kar dekh...

in ending....we all know you do a lot of research and have a lot of giyaaan you can share with the sangat...and it would be soo amazing..and a positive experience for all if you would do that with love in your heart, and tolerance for other viewpoints...

ps...sorry kirandeep for kinda hijacking your thread...hope you have a great time at your prom...be safe, be smart, be a daughter of guru gobind singh...

thanks jss for your advise, will follow in future.

As they say- it's take one to be equally fanatic about beating the fanatic ideology. so i have to force myself to be deliberately fanatic to beat fanatic ideology.

ie - iron cuts iron.

But i understood your post, i ll use better approach next time with mithas instead of poison in it.

personal question for you singhni ji:

do you beleive amritdhari sikh women with keski, bana gets free passport to sachkhand compare to amritdhari sikh women who doesnt wear keski and bana?

Please answer this question directly instead of going around the circles.

152914[/snapback]

What the HELL has that got to do with this topic, such a waste of space!

and singhni ji GO ON!!! :TH: