The Issue With Sari's

kirandeep

"i can see how the ladies can use it (if theres a rapist) but what about the guys?"

it's like asking a soldier, your really not going to use that gun are you?

have you watched the news where in Iraq you see a video with two three terrorists making their hostages talk into a camera and basically beg for their lives? well a shashtardahari sikh(armed) would not be put in such a vulnerable position. If someone is robbing a gas station in front of a sikh man, a kirpan must be used to defend the weak. the kirpan is not a janeoo or ritual thread worn by the brahmins, the kirpan is a means to survive in this kalyug. every kakaar has a purpose, otherwise it would just be ritualistic which sikhi is against.

peace.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2005-05-01_NYvaisakhi5.jpg

khalsa girl made a good post(after taboo). and i agree

also, Dont do anything wrong or something you may regret, this is only a one day event, We should be more sikh, then loose it even a little for just ONE day. if u know what i mean

quote: have you watched the news where in Iraq you see a video with two three terrorists making their hostages talk into a camera and basically beg for their lives? well a shashtardahari sikh(armed) would not be put in such a vulnerable position.

im sorry but i dont think anyone can escape those terrorists in iraq even with a kirpan. there have been people who have survived but thats thanks to the military and other tactical stuff.

also i was asking about the kirpan more along the lines of everyday life.

the gas station idea makes sense.

quote: the kirpan is not a janeoo or ritual thread worn by the brahmins

dont get the point ur making here. i know that the kirpan isnt a thread :lol: . the ritual thread worn by the brahmins is not for protection so why compare it to the kirpan?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

as long as its not exposing your tommy, sides, or back, i think its ok.... :lol: though im not sure jio.

i dont know if you can get saris that dont show your tommy and stuff (i have no education in sarsi...no joke)...but thats my view.

BUT...if its prom and youre Amrit-Dhari, why not make it one that will last as a good memory?? like wouldnt you be happy down the road..looking back, that you wore a nice outfit that suits an Amrit-Dhari??

just a thought from a moorakh...please dont mind

peace...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

good point khalsa gurl.. yeah... like you can still get fancy with something much nicer and approperiate, and it looks nice as well...

..like for example.. if you wore a juri panjami suit, with liek silver kudiee(patterns) .. would look awsome, and liek tell the tailor/bouitique to make it look nice, trust me, or thts what i would do.. and it looks formal as well! :lol: (jst an advice)

im sorry but i dont think anyone can escape those terrorists in iraq even with a kirpan. there have been people who have survived but thats thanks to the military and other tactical stuff.

If your stuffed into a car at Gun point, while your in the car, at least unheath kirpaan and stab n slash whosever within reach.

youde probably die in the process but is that such a big deal to gursikh if his or her life is taken in the process?

i think not.

dont get the point ur making here. i know that the kirpan isnt a thread  . the ritual thread worn by the brahmins is not for protection so why compare it to the kirpan?

mann kaum layee was just tryin to point out that gursikhs today treat kirpaan as if its any ritualitic item, they are not totaly aware of the fact the kirpaan has a practicle use as well as a meaning. its essential for a gursikh to know how to use a kirpaan effectivley in close-quarter skirmishes as well as have some idea of how to use other melee weapons.

the janeyoo has a meaning but no practical use

the kirpaan is meant to have both a meaning and a practical use.

if a gursikh was to be put through the sceneario then he or she should unsheath the kirpaan and use it during the initial abduction and transportation period as i pointed out before. youde most likley be killed but whats death to a gursikh, nothing realy.

if your gona be paraded before a camra by the abductors then wateva chance you have to use your kirpaan should be taken, and then grab a kalashnikov and shoot whoevers left if you have half the chance., like i said above you might die, but hey so wat.

if your attached to your family, wealth and other worldley posessions then by all means beg your heart out wen the camras rollin

In times of war then use a gun, even guru gobind singh sahib and his singhs used musket cannons in battles back in the day.

guns are offensive type weapons, wher on the other hand, a kirpaan is a defensive weapon.

so no saris were worn by kaurs as illustrated by all your puratan references....

152879[/snapback]

ghaghra, dupatta, choli - now picture that with your imagination. It's more a less a sari where sari is wrapped around the waist taken to cover blouse and head. In over time, blouse replaced choli, and sari replaced ghaghra, dupatta. It's a same thing.

All this stuff of women's wearing long chola type of bana and huge dummalla trend first came and introduced by fanatic bhausaria and bhasuria panthis and their fanatical approach of sikhi.

U need to relax Singh...you always seem to have negative remarks about your brothers and sisters....just because someone wears bana and cholaay they are fanatical...brethren please!...wake up and learn to love..

152883[/snapback]

veer you need to understand my frustrations is not with people who wear bana, chola, keski , dumalla so on and so forth, they have my full support and wishes but my frustrations is with the people who brainwash others ie - fanatic(bhasuria), force up their katar pana on others.

Bhasuaria ideology is not soo different than certain jatha's, after all they have adapted that kinda ideology too by using these tactics on women:

- Emotional guilt trips (guru's ji loves you more if you wear bana). And obviously, classic quote - rehit pyari mujhko sikh pyara nahi is given with malice intentions.

- Use home made sakhiyas how guru ji only accepts people in his adobe who wear bana.

- Use tactics like you need bana because you must be tyar bar tyaar all the time but why not mention most the important thing which is learn shastar vidya, and sava rakhsa? off course bana alone cannot do anything in the battlefield.

For me bana is sacred, i ll wear it whenever i m ready. i don't need anyone to tell me by using those tactics what to do and interfere in my personal life between me and my guru. I mean if anything these people who brainwashed others devaluing guru maharaj bana by using these "lame" tactics. Bana does not NEED these impotent lame excuses or tactics. Guru Maharaj bana is an reflection itself.

That's why i avoid camps, lectures etc so on and so forth. I salute those people who brainwash others 10 miles off, (na ehna daie matha lagna, na ehna nuo mathai launa)!

Veer,

It's all good...everyones entitled to their opinions but its gets on peoples nerves if you keep attacking SINGHS/KAURS of Guru Sahib...if u got a problem with them then talk to them straight up...im sure face to face discussions can clear up some of your distress...a forum is to air ur opinions...state it and chill...u don't need to attack people if their views aren't the same as urs...and your name calling is another issue...what does that say about u...what does that say to our younger bros and sis that come on this to learn.......u may have knowledge but that doesn't mean u can't show some lovee Pyariooo....i been to some of those lectures and stuff...and its wrong to say these things will brainwash u..i've learnt a lot from them ...and .a lot of other people have too ....if u don't wanna go then don't go..thats ur business but chill with ur name calling...it doesn't say much of u pyario...and im sureee thats not the real u