Serious Concerns For Future Of Punjabi Girls In Uk

Whoever says that the men who do bad things are not Sikhs because they dont live good so we dont need to do anything about them because they are not true Sikhs completely misses the point. It puts you in culture of TOTAL DENIAL.

Also, I would like to see Sikh men expending their energy and being equally outraged at the disgusting treatment of Sikh women in India, England and Canada at the hands of Sikh men - the batterings, honour killing murders, the domestic violence and the female foeticide that is done by Sikh men to Sikh women. Instead, lets worry about a bunch of immature teenage girls and worry about action to take - supposedly for future generations - whilst we batter and kill the future generations in the womb and in real life.

I guess some things are just taboo, eh?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

prem,

I agree with some of ur points and yes your right we have to be outraged at what those type of incidents equally.

Domestic violence is vile, no one has the right to lash out at their wife or husband or child no matter what the circumstances. Also this female infanticide is disgusting.... it's a punjabi/south asian cultural thing not a religious one.

Look at punjab right now, filled with drugs, alchohol, prostitutes, caste discrimination. The indian govt is happy this goes on so that Sikh's dont become a powerful political force they once were.

If people followed the faith correctly not once would they dare to call themselves Jatt, tharkhan,saini,rajput,etc first than Sikh and discrimate against follow adherants of the faith. Not once would they dare to kill off unborn female foetus's.

People lack faith is why we have these problems in our society, either we can ignore them and let things go from bad to worse or help people come back into the fold of Sikhi.

It seems to me that in the coming war for the 'Sikh identity' the first victims will be those non Sikh Sikhs who will be condemned as infidels because they don't live up to some high standards rather than reaching out to them.

I am inceasingly worried by this bad attitude.

Hello.

In my observation many teenagers and young adults born into Sikh families that cause this kind of 'concern' about the welfare of 'Sikh girls' generally do not identify themselves as Sikhs, but rather as Asians, British Asians or Indians. So it isnt exactly wrong to consider them as non-Sikhs when they dont even identify themselves as Sikhs in the first place unless pressed to.

But i suppose its a different issue for those that do identify themselves as Sikhs but dont actually practice or follow the religion. In my experience it seems that South Asians generally are unable to comprehend the differences between things like culture, religion, nationality and ethnicity. Either that, or for South Asians there is a large grey area or overlap between religious and cultural identities. Probably a mixture of both.

I'll give you an example of what im talking about anyway. I have attached a clipping of an article written by a 'Sikh' girl (ok, a girl born into a Sikh family) that was published in the University of Hertfordshire's student union newspaper (April 2005 edition). Now you decide, is she Sikh or non-Sikh? Clearly, at least to me, she is not a Sikh but an atheist.

By the way, the views of this person expressed in her article i have found to be quite typical of so-called 'Sikh youth' towards Sikhism (girls especially) i have encountered in the UK, particularly students.

Others may have had different experiences.

Regards,

post-4802-1141601157_thumb.jpg

apparently I'm an extremeist if I stop hem from drinking/smoking/clubbing

I dont know whether to laugh or cry!!!

THE STATE is amazingly HEARTBREAKING

154681[/snapback]

I share your dismay.... the uneducated stuck up one's will not listen to reason they will only learn when they have kids of their own and they can not dicipline them because they are acting like their parents.

The young woman whose profile on hi5, which promoted my to create this topic. Has seen reason, I've argued and discussed with her for 3 days going about giving up the drink, smoke and acting like a cheap tart if she wasnt to be proud to support Khalistan or Sikhi.

I urge other brothers and sisters online sangat to do the same.... find brothers and sisters on these kind of websites ...who have lost their way and help them give up bad habits by educating them with our history of sacrifices for faith and freedom.

With Waheguru ji kirpa's lets take time out to do this important sewa.

I agree with you, I culd see why the Muslim girls are generally seen to be more decent in regards to flaunting themselves. Or not flaunting themselves... not to say all but the general impression....

Some Sikh/Indian girls in England have gone beyond decent and in good taste, I am from England and was shunned for not wanting to go to the daytime gigs and have a boyfirend and go tout drinking... I was called many names and felt harrassed by my own people for not wishing to partake in these so called fun activities whilst one should have been at college studying.

I am writing a fictional book, and at present gathering information about abuse inflicted on children, women and men in our society. I am asking for voluneers to share any experience, stories they know or of places I could get in touch with directly. I am nothing more than a women, wife , mother, who wishes to help some people who are silenced an expected to remain in silence and feeling their pain alone. I wish to write this book to let those people know, even if they can not speak out, that some of us will speak to them to tgive them courage and strenth to get through their daily lives.

I am looking for people to contact me direct at sunnyisalso@hotmail.com

All information is confidential, only I will be reading it, if you request I do not contact you again I shall send a message of thanks and let the rest be upto you.

I understand this is a dificult topic and need help for our Sangat to bring light into the lives of our sisters and brothers and those youngeters in our community who are not able to speak out.

There is a group one can also join.

sikhyourvoice@yahoogroups.com

Thanks for you time... I hope some of you find it in your heart to help me if you can to help those who need our help.

I do not think it is right to blame Sikhs in the UK... I have lived in Canada for many years and have seen more disgusting behaviour there..... a higher proportion running around with guns thinking they are hard and trendy, behaviong like gagstas............ prostitues, strip clubs... you name it i have heard of Sikhi boys bragging about it.... fighting because they have a large dgroup of people and so think its fun to beat uo some innicent person just because he is black or some other reason...... In cars carrying cowbars, hockey sticks and baseball bats just incase there is an opportunity for fun......... drug deals..............

what more.................?

all need to be responsible for our actions it is not just one place or another...