Arson Attack On Williams Lake Gurdwara

cybershot1

ok guys its getting outa hand.............. basically we know wat kurtas wants to say, that it may not be a racially motivated attack,  also white ppl shudnt be stereotyped into racists all the time?.

so lets leave it at that ...........no point in arguing about it..........

also i was just thinking, where were the sevadars when this happened. we got cctv at our gurudwara due to the amount of vandalism and (racially motivated?) attacks on the building. anyway if anyone was gna set fire surely someone wud hav seen or smelt the smoke inside and called help, so damage cud hv been minimised? just a thought

anyways  take deep breaths you two lol  pray.gif

157930[/snapback]

Good Thinking Paji, lets leave it as this... rolleyes.gif

but since when have ALL whites been stereotyped as Racists in this form? grin.gifohmy.gif

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok guys its getting outa hand.............. basically we know wat kurtas wants to say, that it may not be a racially motivated attack,  also white ppl shudnt be stereotyped into racists all the time?.

so lets leave it at that ...........no point in arguing about it..........

also i was just thinking, where were the sevadars when this happened. we got cctv at our gurudwara due to the amount of vandalism and (racially motivated?) attacks on the building. anyway if anyone was gna set fire surely someone wud hav seen or smelt the smoke inside and called help, so damage cud hv been minimised? just a thought

anyways  take deep breaths you two lol  pray.gif

157930[/snapback]

Good Thinking Paji, lets leave it as this... rolleyes.gif

but since when have ALL whites been stereotyped as Racists in this form? grin.gifohmy.gif

157933[/snapback]

erm not sure lol i never re read what i wrote cos im workin .......maaf karna not all but 'some' ........... most of my mates are goray so i shudnt hav sed that

It does not take MENSA membership to work out what my faith is.

so why is it taking you so long to tell me?

Who you going to fight ?  Come on tell me. These are random incidents so what you going to do to fight them ? 

I'm not saying I'm going to fight them. I'm saying we (as Sikhs) must pressurize the Police into doing that...and if they don't, then its the time for someone to fight them...

If someone broke in my house I would see what colour the intruder was and if he was white I would run around shouting "You are racist, you broke into my house because I am not white anglo saxon protestant".

Then I would quickly get on the Sikh Sangat forum and ask for your help on how to fight the intruder, if you could not help I would go to Nihang Nidhar Singhs web site and look through a few of his videos to learn hand to hand combat in a few minutes. Then I would remember that I had my old friend Chetak (my trusty old basebal bat) in my bedroom, I would get Chetak and go sort the burglar out. Just before hitting the burglar I would tell him "I was born to fight for truth, I am going to hit you with  Chetak, my baseball bat".

Now I know why making Khalistan takes such a long time...we have to deal with people like you first...

157927[/snapback]

I wonder what religion you are.....may be you are are a naraqthari.....maybe a radha soami. Grow up and look at yourself rather than calling others <banned word filter activated>.

Remember what Guru Ji has told us :

naanak fikai boliai than man fikaa hoe ||

fiko fikaa sadheeai fikae fikee soe ||

fikaa dharageh satteeai muhi thhukaa fikae paae ||

fikaa moorakh aakheeai paanaa lehai sajaae ||1||

O Nanak, speaking insipid words, the body and mind become insipid.

He is called the most insipid of the insipid; the most insipid of the insipid is his reputation.

The insipid person is discarded in the Court of the Lord, and the insipid one's face is spat upon.

The insipid one is called a fool; he is beaten with shoes in punishment. ||1||

(Ang 473, Guru Nanak Dev Jee Raag Aasaa)

If you bothered to read my original reply you would have noticed that it was directed at the following comments by Simmal Tree.

>>so the man who did this is not racist, just ABSOLUTELY CRAZY.

What you going to pressure the police into ? Stopping random arson attacks ? No law enforcement agency can even attempt to stop random attacks. If the police do not stop random attacks what you going to do to fight back ? Make a mickey mouse gang to pick random fights against others ? the police have caught a person for the attack, what more can they do ?

As for khalistan go start a new thread why it is taking so long to establish. It might be because people in Punjab got fed up with people like you telling them what they need.

As for khalistan go start a new thread why it is taking so long to establish. It might be because people in Punjab got fed up with people like you telling them what they need.

157949[/snapback]

(off topic i know but) veer we havent started telling 'them' yet, we are preparing ..........

wjkk

wjkf jio,

BcSikhyouth jio, if the sangat needs help to rebuild the gurudwara temporary for vaisakhi then I can asure you that our cities sanagt will be ready to help. I will annonce this sad incident on sunday at our local gurudwara and I would need a full address of the gurughar and the phone number of committe.pul chuk maaf.

wjkk

wjkf jio

ARSON FIRE DESTROYS TEMPLE

http://www.wltribune.com/portals-code/list...id=616615&more=

By KAREN LONGWELL

Tribune Staff Writer

Mar 28 2006

Arson is being blamed for a fire that completely destroyed the interior of the Gurdwara Western Singh Sabha Sikh Temple on Sunday afternoon.

Sean Alan Downey, 18, of Williams Lake was charged on Monday with arson and damage to property, says Cpl. Marc Menard in a press release. Williams Lake Crown Counsel will be seeking to have him remanded in custody for a 30-day psychiatric evaluation, adds Menard.

Williams Lake RCMP wish to inform the public that this is not a racially motivated incident, says Menard.

Damage to the inside of the temple is quite extensive and a lot of work will be needed to restore the temple to its original state, says Menard. RCMP investigators have roughly estimated the damage to be somewhere around $500,000, he says. Further investigation by insurance agents will be more accurate, he adds. No injuries were reported, says Cpl. Rocky Calhoun in a press release.

The fire also destroyed the main altar in the temple and a holy [enlightener], the Guru Granth Sahib, which is very emotional and painful for the members, says spokesperson for the temple Gian Singh Sandhu. "The holy [enlightner] is living proof of the guru and we treat the [guru] no differently than a human being," says Sandhu.

The temple priest Davinder Singh lives in a suite in the temple and was inside when the incident occurred, says Sandhu. The temple holds classes for children every Sunday afternoon and the class finished at about 3:15 p.m. this Sunday. Shortly after the class, at about 3:30 p.m., the priest saw a young man break a window and enter the temple. The priest saw the incident on a security system monitor in his room, says Sandhu. The priest called 911 and at the same time heard the man running upstairs, he says.

With the language barrier the priest had some difficulty communicating with emergency services so he called a member of the temple executive right after calling 911, says Sandhu. As the priest was leaving the building, he saw smoke, says Sandhu, and he rushed out of the building.

Sandhu is impressed with the quick action of emergency services. "Credit goes to the RCMP for quickly responding to the call and apprehending the fellow," says Sandhu. "We are very appreciative."

RCMP believe the fire at the temple is related to a structure fire at a mobile home in the 1100 block of Third Avenue, says Calhoun. Williams Lake Fire Department and the RCMP responded to a report of a mobile home fire shortly after 3 p.m., says Calhoun.

The fire department was able to confine the fire to the bedroom of the mobile home, says Calhoun. Fire Chief Dale Moon says the mobile home fire was not major.

While the fire department was dealing with the mobile home fire they were called to the structure fire at the temple on Pine Street, says Calhoun. Both fires are believed to be related and the police have reason to believe that they were deliberately set, says Calhoun.

Moon says about 30 members attended along with crew from 150 Mile House.

The fire was under control after about one hour, says Moon. He adds that they were fortunate to stop it when we did. "The shear hard work of the members stopped the fire before it went any further," says Moon.

Sandhu says the temple will go ahead with services next Sunday in a yet to be determined location. He adds that the temple was insured.

1_front_060328.jpg