Y Am I Being Denied The Right 2 Believ In Sikhi?

Guest What the hell am I?! :'(

Guest What the hell am I?! :'(

WGJKK WGJKF

my family's varna is chamaar...& all my life they'v brought me up 2 believe i am hindu :@ n its sooooo stooopid n its got 2 th point where im REALY FRUSTRATED ABT THIS,i wanna crrryyyyy

im not a hindu, we'r not hindu no.gif i havent got anything against Hinduism but thats not my religion, its not the path i choose 2 follow,

it sooo messed up i even try askin my parents whats our religion/ dad just says u can listen 2 hindus and sikhs but not muslims!!!! what the helll!!! so they'r making out im "part" hindu, but there is NOTHIN HINDU abt MY LIFE!!

we go 2 the GURDWARA, where we bow to the GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI,which is covered by a ROMALLA which is adorned with the KHANDA which is read by a GIANNI, we eat KARAH PRASHAD, we say ARDASS, and eat LANGAR...do u c wat im gettin at?!

then they try and say im hindu & shout at me 4 even suggested im a sikh...

sum of my cousins make realy stupid remarks,there was a weddin we went 2where a chamaar girl married a jatt boy, so most of his relatives wore a pagh, my cousin kept sayin "err shes marryin a sikh...errr they'v all got paghs" :cool: <admin-profanity filter activated> is up wiv her? wiv them all....(sorry im getin angry agen!) how dare she b so ignorant, the best bit...her own mama wears a pagh!!! her mom does the paath evry morning!! yet shes still adamant we'r hindu n sikhs r bad no.gif

its the same 4 a couple of my frends 2, they'r chamaar 2, n we dont know what we r cuz no1 will teach us/tell us...its like evry1 is lying 2 us, cuz its so blatantly obvious what we r.

y wont chamaar ppl (th ones who go 2 ravidass gurdwaras, not the actual Hindu 1s) just accept what we r, dont they want 2 unite with the other castes or r we gonna isolate ourselves from evry1 else 4eva?? cry_smile.gif

my cousins they have SINGH in their name but apparently they are still Hindu :wub: @

my mama has sum kinda beef wiv sikhs,y, i dont know, cuz then he's beefin with his own ppl.. i think mayb my family r so dum they associate sikhi with jatts and if i say i am a sikh its almost like turnin my bak on my caste (which i wanu do nyway cuz i dun believe in bull like that) & tryin 2 say im a jatt or sumthin... which im not...i just want 2 freely say i believe in sikhi, without having 2 JUSTIFY Y!!!!!

i think the only way i can get them off my bak is 2 take amrit this vaiskhi!!! lol, (i want 2 later on in life, not yet my gurmukhis not up 2 scratch yet blush.gif )

& i dunno what 2 do...i feel like an outsider...should i even b on this site?

plz help :wub: cry_smile.gif

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WGJKK WGJKF

my family's varna is chamaar...& all my life they'v brought me up 2 believe i am hindu :@   n its sooooo stooopid n its got 2 th point where im REALY FRUSTRATED ABT THIS,i wanna crrryyyyy

im not a hindu, we'r not hindu  i havent got anything against Hinduism but thats not my religion, its not the path i choose 2 follow,

it sooo messed up i even try askin my parents whats our religion/ dad just says u can listen 2 hindus and sikhs but not muslims!!!! what the helll!!! so they'r making out im "part" hindu, but there is NOTHIN HINDU abt MY LIFE!!

we go 2 the GURDWARA, where we bow to the GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI,which is covered by a ROMALLA which is adorned with the KHANDA which is read by a GIANNI, we eat KARAH PRASHAD, we say ARDASS, and eat LANGAR...do u c wat im gettin at?!

then they try and say im hindu  & shout at me 4 even suggested im a sikh...

sum of my cousins make realy stupid remarks,there was a weddin we went 2where a chamaar girl married a jatt boy, so most of his relatives wore a pagh, my cousin kept sayin "err shes marryin a sikh...errr they'v all got paghs" :cool:   <admin-profanity filter activated> is up wiv her? wiv them all....(sorry im getin angry agen!) how dare she b so ignorant, the best bit...her own mama wears a pagh!!! her mom does the paath evry morning!! yet shes still adamant we'r hindu n sikhs r bad 

its the same 4 a couple of my frends 2, they'r chamaar 2, n we dont know what we r cuz no1 will teach us/tell us...its like evry1 is lying 2 us, cuz its so blatantly obvious what we r.

y wont chamaar ppl (th ones who go 2 ravidass gurdwaras, not the actual Hindu 1s) just accept what we r, dont they want 2 unite with the other castes or r we gonna isolate ourselves from evry1 else 4eva?? cry_smile.gif

my cousins they have SINGH in their name but apparently they are still Hindu :wub: @

my mama has sum kinda beef wiv sikhs,y, i dont know, cuz then he's beefin with his own ppl.. i think mayb my family r so dum they associate sikhi with jatts and if i say i am a sikh its almost like turnin my bak on my caste (which i wanu do nyway cuz i dun believe in bull like that) & tryin 2 say im a jatt or sumthin... which im not...i just want 2 freely say i believe in sikhi, without having 2 JUSTIFY Y!!!!!

i think the only way i can get them off my bak is 2 take amrit this vaiskhi!!! lol, (i want 2 later on in life, not yet my gurmukhis not up 2 scratch yet

& i dunno what 2 do...i feel like an outsider...should i even b on this site?

plz help :wub:   cry_smile.gif

158698[/snapback]

alot of young ppl who are young and into Sikhi face similar opposition from the families, its just kaljug trying to throw a spanner in the works...the best thing is let them think and act how they wanna. you should carry on with your Sikhi. although it's sometimes hard not to...

try not to get stuck into debates with them regarding whats right and whats wrong and hypocritical. because chances are they won't suddenly change or take notice and you'll just get heated for no reason.

a large reason why ravidassi's are increasingly isolated and have broken away so to speak is because of how jatts have treated them-which is due to punjabi culture...furthermore most punjabi's have an identity crisis and are unable to separate Sikhi from common culture...so again carry on with your Sikhi and pay no attention to what the outside world thinks...sometimes you might feel isolated yourself but always remember that the Great Guru is there to help you and guide you. and you'll notice that through small things..like they say everything happens for a reason...

as for the name Singh, many Hindus especially rajputi's use the name Singh, it is not solely for Sikhs...

and this site is for everyone....and i feel that everyone would agree in saying that you are more than welcome here..

kUV Amwvs vriqAw hauN Bwlx ciVAw sMswrw]

koorr amaavas varathiaa hou(n) bhaalan charriaa sa(n)saaraa||

The darkness of the moonless night of the falsehood has spread around and I, in order to search for the (truthful) world, have undertaken this journey.

Bhai Gurdaas Ji

Vaars Bhai Gurdaas

Guest Guest

What your parents outwardly label you as it quite irrelevant. How you practise your life and your actions determine whether you are a Sikh, Hindu, etc.

My advice to you would be, do not get so worked up about this. You will encounter many, many situations in your life where people will say incorrect or bad thing about you. You may not feel it now but what is happening to you is very minor.

I would suggest you take Amrit at an Amrit Sanchar conducted with proper Gurmat Rehat but I would also say it is highly important you keep a strict Amritvela and Nitnem, Simran routine before you take Amrit.

You should sit down and calmly discuss with your parents that most definately your religious orientation is torwards Sikhism, and that as your parents they should respect your decision rather than cause problems. If they refuse to listen, it would be best not to discuss it with them, and keep your beliefs to yourself and practise Sikhism how you see fit.

If ur feeling isolated, it would help if u got some positivie Sikh Sangat around you... where do u live?.. maybe we can get u in contact with some gursikhs in ur area.. and.. do u already know some rite now? i know i's probably really hard to control ur emotions wit ur famz... but i's somethin u gotta do... gettin vexx is gonna hinder ur spirituality even more.. sometimes u gotta say somethin to them, and sometimes u gotta stay quiet... u gotta pick and choose ur 'battles'... and if ur sayin somethin to them.. try not to yell n get bent...

as singh said above, a lot of punjabi families have an 'identity' crisis...

Dear bhenji/Bhaji, if you, unlike your parents feel that you are a Sikh, and not a Hindu, I think you should br peoud of your decision, and respect that your parents do not agree with you. This does not mean they're right, because I feel that, if you feel you're a Sikh, then that's exactly what you are, and who you belong to :e: .

Perhaps this instict that you have obtained - that you are a Sikh, is a way of making it concrete for your family that you are indeed Sikh (since they seem not to have realised this yet). Perhaps it was God's wish that you and only YOU should get that instinct, that "hey! We're Sikhs." :cool:

Try moulding your jeevan/life to become more like a Sikh, and endevour to become a real Sikh one day. Perhaps Gid wanted you to get that instict, and then teach your parents and your family members THROUGH you jeevan, through your life style. Parchar and preaching is not always about going out and telling people about Sikhs being distinct - it can be in practising and living it.

As Heera Singh suggested (exactly one minute ago), tryign joining Sangat. If you tell us your location, I'm sure someone from the local sangat will be able to conteact you :wub:

May Vaheguru Bless you to practise and live an ideal Sikh lifestyle, and inspire others to do the same.

Bless :@

Stay in Chardikala, and feel free to ask any questions on this forum filled with Sangat with a lot of Gyan about Sikhi

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

waheguru...

wow what a situation...i think the advice above summed it all up. dont get into arguments with your family about this, theres a reason why its happening. u might notice it makes ur faith stronger... i can understand why your so upset but just try and stay strong...have FAITH in GuruJi!!

hope it works out for you pray.gif

Guest Guest

thanks u guys... im still a bit aaaarrrrrrgggghhhh , im actually cryin now...

just been 2 my massi's house, where my mom felt the need 2 tell my massar that "shes wants 2 no what she is, she keeps askin me (is there anyfin wrong with tha??!!) blah blah blah blah" then massars starts havin a go at me, i jus kept quiet

i dont go out of my way 2 argue with them, its just if they summin bad abt sikhi I WILL DEFEND IT.

massar says-

"we come under hinduism but we follow sikhism" WHAT???!! erm so ur disloyal hindus then :wub: @

"the caste system comes under hinduism" ye and thers sikh jatts, tharkaans etc

"we wern't allowed in the mandirs, we cant understand sanskrit so we listen 2 Guru Granth Sahib teachings cuz ravidass's bani is in there we dont have our own "book"" -so make 1!

then he comes down 2 the usual..."every body looks down on us,they think they'r better then us" YYYY!!!! Y do they feel lyk evry1s out 2 get us?! no.gif

im so...jus fed up. so how can a "disloyal Hindu" take amrit like sum hav at our gurdwara, wear the 5 k's surely they acnt identify themselves as amritdhari hindus :@ @

i think ur right...Lion King, they haven't found sikhi, not in this jeevan anyway. yeeaaahhh i suppose it will make my faith grow & when i take amrit they'l c that im serious abt this (muhahahaha lolz)

naa heera singh (can i jus say congrats- youth of the month :TH: ) i dont know any, im in UK, west mids.

West Midlands??? wooow ur soo lucky...theres LOADS of sangat there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im not from there personally, but im sure there are loads of people on this forum 4rm west midlands...please get in touch! :TH:

p.s i think some people mistake sikhi as a sect of hinduism?? :wub: @

No one can tell you that you're a Hindu because of what family you were born in.

If your family is embracing Hinduism, it is also accepting that they are "low caste".

You clearly have rejected that and so how can you be a Hindu?

Religious labels are useless if there is no belief behind them.

If you feel like you want to be a Sikh, then go for it. Embrace that totally.

Guest what the hell am i (well i no no
I would suggest you take Amrit at an Amrit Sanchar conducted with proper Gurmat Rehat but I would also say it is highly important you keep a strict Amritvela and Nitnem, Simran routine before you take Amrit.

erm, any advice on this plz??? wel i always pray b4 goin 2 slp, but its mainly just naam simran, can any1 tell me what time i should be wakin up in the mornin, 4 how long shud i prayin etc.... ther's never been a better time 2 start :e:

so its japji,rahiras n sohilla ye?? @ what times?