Beadbi Of Guru Ji - Wedding @ Thistle This Sunday

singh100

Guru di kirpa, hopefully it has been called off,

but sangat jio, this issue has been goign on for the last two yrs, and now the wedding season is about to start again, so we need to look at a bigger strategy.

The Gursikhs from R4G has spent the winter distributing leaflets at Gurdwaras etc, but this message has to go more mainstreams,

Asian wedding magazines, wedding planners, freelance Granthi, all major sikh orgs in UK, HOTELS ASSOCIATIONS ETC,

otherwise the sngatt is gonan have another busy summer travellign up and down the country to stop this beadbi

i havent seen a single leaflet or heard of these guys, apart from on here.............where can i get these leaflets from. ill be happy to give them to the gurughars where i live, as im sure theres no mention of them here. well at least most of us are on hols, and can help in the protesting.

Iv just emailed them guys................ i thought the best way to stop this would be to contact the family involved, then the granthi, but its gone so far we have to ask the hotel people to stop .................. no.gif

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guru di kirpa, hopefully it has been called off,

but sangat jio, this issue has been goign on for the last two yrs, and now the wedding season is about to start again, so we need to look at a bigger strategy.

The Gursikhs from R4G has spent the winter distributing leaflets at Gurdwaras etc, but this message has to go more mainstreams,

Asian wedding magazines, wedding planners, freelance Granthi, all major sikh orgs in UK, HOTELS ASSOCIATIONS ETC,

otherwise the sngatt is gonan have another busy summer travellign up and down the country to stop this beadbi

i havent seen a single leaflet or heard of these guys, apart from on here.............where can i get these leaflets from. ill be happy to give them to the gurughars where i live, as im sure theres no mention of them here. well at least most of us are on hols, and can help in the protesting.

Iv just emailed them guys................ i thought the best way to stop this would be to contact the family involved, then the granthi, but its gone so far we have to ask the hotel people to stop .................. no.gif

The Hotel is more sensitive to the feeling of the Sikh Communtiy than families and Granthis, thats a fact. They will listen and act professionally to resolve the situation.

Email the campaign your address, I am sure they will send some leaflets.

Also this goes out to other youth, if you are willing to distribute leaflets in your local Gurdwaras then email your address to sikhalerts@yahoo.co.uk

This is a crucial issue, that most peopel don't seem to be bothered about.

If it is confirmed that the anag karj ahs been changed to the Gurdwara, thne this is a very good thing for all Sikhs. If it is not, everyone shuld email on the behalf of whatever organisations they might belong to or Sikh society events. There's no harm in anyone from Canada emailing under the name of COSS, or SOSS or something. We need more organisations to get inovled in this, since most don't seem to care about this issue.

Also Gursa SIngh, you earlier on mentioned that the Singhs of R4G went with Nihang Jathey de Singhs and spoke to Jathedar, and that they promised to keep you updated and to keep on the pressure on VEdanti - any progress so far? Have the approuched him again, to remind him that this is still going on?

Any further information about any such events should most certainly be posted on Sikh Sangat, this is a very effective way of informing Sangat so that efficent action can be taken.

I would like to thank All for every inch of support and hope we can contiune to do an Ardaas so that a permanent solution can be made for such events taking place.

Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj - Sabh Sikhan Ko Hukam Hai Guru Maniya Granth!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Just called up the hotel and spoke to a guy who said the wedding has now been cancelled.

Is this true or is it just to stop us from protesting?

Guru Fateh,

Yes just called up too and they said qoute on qoute "before you go on... the holy scriptures are not being bought here any more".

Dhan dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji!!!!

VaheguruJiKaKhalsaVaheguruJiKiFateh!

Katherine Garland on behalf of the Tower Hotel, London has confirmed that Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji will not be brought to the hotel on 30th April 2006.

Guruji has blessed everyone involved. The Sangat once again has shown its love for their father, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. The Sangat took the lead and resolved the situation respectfully and effectively.

Together as Sangat we will beable to stop beadbi towards Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji forever.

GurFateh!

VaheguruJiKaKhalsaVaheguruJiKiFateh!

Katherine Garland on behalf of the Tower Hotel, London has confirmed that Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji will not be brought to the hotel on 30th April 2006.

Guruji has blessed everyone involved. The Sangat once again has shown its love for their father, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. The Sangat took the lead and resolved the situation respectfully and effectively.

Together as Sangat we will beable to stop beadbi towards Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji forever.

GurFateh!

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Guruji's Kirpa once again!

Now to eradicate fake sants and baba's (not me though i'm a good baba)

*Evil Grin*

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh,

I am Harpreet Singh Baxi from Kanchans. I have read all the concerns read by everyone with regards to the wedding on Sunday 30th April at The Tower Hotel. The wedding is now taking place at a Gurdwara in East London instead of the hotel. The family will receive the grooms party and arrangements have been made to take the bride and grooms immediate family and friends to the Gurdwara so we may perform the Laava with the respect that is due.

I would just like to share my opinion that, it is a very stressful time for a brides family and it was just made a lot harder with the continuous phonecalls, many from young sikhs, which did get very annoying. But this issue has now been resolved for the betterment of everyone and to uphold the respect of Sikhi.

I hope that we can avoid any violent or abusive scenes on Sunday, as I am sure that you can understand that the family are upset by this whole incident. So it is my request that you step down from any action that has been planned.

I hope we have managed to keep everyone concerned happy.

on behalf of Kanchans Group

Harpreet Baxi (Peter)

If anyone has any questions please feel to call me.

Harpreet Singh Baxi (Peter)

07961 322 026

Thank you Mr Peter Baxi.

I too urge people not to make anymore phone calls. Also Mr Baxi perhaps you could be a bit more professional when it comes to handling phonecalls.

Mr Baxi please can you tell us which giani was going to help you do beadbi ?

Also can you give an undertaking not to participate in acts of beadbi ever again.

We deal with the public on a daily basis, and most of our work is done over the phone.

Professionalism is not harrassing the hotel and family members. It is not THREATENING to hold protests and demonstartions. It is not projecting an image of our sikh community as millitant activists.

Please do not teach me about being professional.

I think your organisation has to be very professional about the way you conduct yourselves. How about contacting the people who organise weddings? There are less indian wedding organisers that there are Gyanis and general sangat. By going through the right channels and speaking in a polite and sensible manner, we may all overcome this problem without ruinning planned functions that famillies have organised.

It is not widely known that the sikh community, now after many years, have objected to weddings taking place in venues other than the gurdwara. So it is important that the education is given to the people who advise young brides and their famillies.

Kanchans gaurantees that it will not assist or get involve with any weddings other than in the gurdwara, and we will also help to educate our clients.

I hope you will take on borad our suggestions as we have your.

Thank you.

Harpreet Baxi

Kanchans Group