Young Man Looks Like My Gran Dad If I Grow A Beard

raju123

dear friends,

i am a young thirty something and i want to grow a beard, but when i do my beard is white,

okay a very stress full life,

wife and kids dont like me when i grow a beard cos they say i look like my grand dad.

but my gran dad is @ 80 years old !!!! :lol: @

what should i do ?

now i wish i had kept a beard when i was younger, not only that by i'm VERY thin on the top also.

dont laugh its serious. LOL.gif

on one occasion a person thought i was my wife's dad ! wacko.gif

and asked if my daughter was at home.

and the kids say i look so old. and get embaresed when i play footy with them.

help...

i dont know what to ask, its like is it okay to shave and still call my a sikh. pray.gif

i dont know what to ask, its like is it okay to shave and still call my a sikh. pray.gif

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

No its not, and you knew that before you asked. Becoming a sikh means that you have to follow Guru's rehat, and probably the most noticable one, the one that identifies you as a sikh is your kes.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Would you rather appear old and be strong or appear young and be weak?

What you need is self confidence. The beautiful raging white beard will give this to you. Do it, conquer your world and never look back. Yes it's really that simple. I can't wait till my beard is completely white!

Isn't it sad that in this world a majority of the populace paints their hair because they wish to give the impression that they were born years later? It is common but if you begin to think about it so bizarre that I'd say without a doubt it's a psychological disorder.

The Panth Parvan Rehit Maryada says that Kurehit is disrespectiing of kes... I believe they would include dying of dhari in that.. on the other hand.. It can't be worst than shaving.. so WHy don't you start keeping your dhari, but only in beginning dying.. After a time you'll be less worries about your apperance (My Dastar used to be extremely neat when I started tying it.. after a while you jsut get less concerned and just accept it...Now i've got loads of creases lol)

So Start keeping your dharil... and then after a while I'm sure Guru Ji will do Kirpan on you to keep you away from things he doens't want you to aply.... considering he's brough you to the stage where he's asking you to keep his mohar:)

Bhull Chukk Maaf

thanks friends,

dying my hair ?, there is hardly any of it left !

a few times that i go shopping with the wife, it looks embarrassing to people to think that I’m a old person who got a arranged marriage to some one that look they could be my granddaughter. ormy wife takes her granddad on a shopping trip ( bless her ), and ……..some times when we go out to the sea side, any where really, people look as if the husband has ran off/died and the wife is staying with her/his dad.!

Even the neighbour thought that somebody’s granddad had moved in ! and asked my wife who he was.

I don’t really know why I put this here, I guess just to seek someone’s permission.

Occasionally when I do shave it reminds the wife who she had married, okay looks don’t count cos I might be in a car crash and then what? Would she leave me?.I would like to say no she would not, but at the moment it’s like here is your husband that looks like your granddad So put up with it.

How would any girl feel if one day their husband decides to grow a beard and they end up looking like your granddad ????????

Please note

The resemblance to my granddad is really uncanny. it shocked the hell out of my grand mum when I went to their house, as she knew he was in the bath upstairs 10 seconds earlier

oh my days...

your only worried about something as small as that???? Get a grip my friend....then again your not gonna get over this you need support...there only one thing thats gonna support you and that is guru ji...and who is our guru? guru shabad! start japping naam it'll sort you out...physically and spiritually.

Veer ji, most singhs can relate to this - im in my early 20s and get white / brown hairs in my beard; so dont worry. More important that if you have the good opportunity to keep the roop that Dasam Pathshah bestowed us then seize it with both hands. If we have the chance to look like Him; then we are VERY lucky!! As for nervousness, worries, fears of how society will react then as you do Simran and Prayers those worries will fade as you focus on something Bigger and Brighter.

P.s. be proud of your beard - cos a lion would look silly without his mane

post-1638-1147698571.jpg

Gurfateh Veer ji,

just a lil summin that i thought may help....:e: >>

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=13059

plz read what Tarunjeet Singh has said....

....4 those of u who cant b bothered 2 do the search lol....>>

one day Guru Gobind Singh ji had made really good food for langar and parsad - as one would in times of a joyous occasion. The sangat had asked Guru ji, "What is the occasion that you are celebrating with such fine foods, etc...?"...to this Guru ji replied that He had noticed a single grey hair while He was getting ready on this day and wanted to rejoice in the fact that He is now close to meeting with His Master (Waheguru).

:nihungsmile:

why would you want to get rid your your grey hair . we are all unique , different in our own special way, you should be content with the way you look casue Guru ji created you and everything Guru ji creates is perfect therefore he has created you perfect, be happy with who you are and the way you look. pray.gif