Accepting Roti From Sehajdhari Mother

What a stupid question so am i presuming right that you are asking whether or not you should take food from your momma who is not a baptised Sikh??? rolleyes.gif

This is not really a stupid question 4 som1 hu dosnt knw what 2 do,

thats you sme ppl come on this website is 2 get guidence of other gursikhs.

WJJK WJKF

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear cybersangat ji-gurfateh ji

If I receive amrit from the beloved 5, can I eat dhaal/sabji and roti cooked by my sehajdhari mum ? If I can't it could potentially drive a wedge between our relationship....?

wjkk

wjkf

:D @

When you mother carried you in her womb and her blood coursed through your body, did you ask her if she was good enough then?

When her breast nursed you and nurished you, did you ask if she was worthy then?

When you fell over as a small child and she kissed the pain away, did you worry about her 'jhoot' then?

When your parents worked all day long to provide food on your table, did you concern yourself with the status of their hands then?

Respect your mother and always accept her food, she loves you and has nourished you from months before your birth. d_oh.gif

If you can't do this, then make the lifetime commitment to take over ALL of the buying, preparing, cooking and serving of the food in your house on her behalf!!! Still seem complicated grin.gif

AAA

Pritam veera, what did you get hukam of not taking veggies from supermaket

NO, a sarcastic statement like that insults the real hukam.

In my case I live in California and seriously Sikhs own 70% of the fruit and vegatables. (I also know of Sikhs that own wine grapes, so they profit off of alcohol which they probably make like a punjabi marketed wine or something) So I can say when I go to the farm produce markets Im more likely to get produce grown from a Sikh (although some might not be but you get smee pictorial :D )

Im stricter than the average Sikh convert and you telling me Im saying Sikhi is small?????? Im trying to help people want to become a Sikh not just to talk about habits etc alot of people manmat all of Sikhi which some will be pulled in and others will be pushed away. Give your head to the Guru and he will give you the knowledge.

Who here is Amritdari and debating about what to eat for a Khalsa??????

Veer ji, fair and square, you doing a wonderful job and I do hope people would follow your strict example. I am not telling you anything all I am doing is telling that Sikhi is alot more than taking langar from non-amritdharis.

I didnt understand about the amritdhari and debating, what has that got to do with it?

Bhul chuk maaf!

Fateh

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA
I am not telling you anything all I am doing is telling that Sikhi is alot more than taking langar from non-amritdharis.

So I said all Sikhi is about is taking food from Amritdaris???????????

I think all the things I point out arent good enough for you to follow, so since you dont follow strict rehat then you make Sikh small in your world not me.

I didnt understand about the amritdhari and debating, what has that got to do with it?

I am asking if people that dont follow rehat arnet Amritdari then what room do they have to debate what an Amritdari follows when they dont follow themselves. If you are too weak to follow then dont go around telling people what to do and what not to do. GuruJi says" Why do you want to teach when you yourself dont understand." Manmat is what you hear today throughout Sikhi, all because they dont take Amrit and think they know what the Panj Pyare command you while taking Amrit.Gurmat is listening to the Panj Pyare! Manmat is debating the issue and you yourself dont even know.

Give up alcohol, give up the drugs, read Gurbani and become a good Sikh of the Guru.

I am not telling you anything all I am doing is telling that Sikhi is alot more than taking langar from non-amritdharis.

So I said all Sikhi is about is taking food from Amritdaris???????????

I think all the things I point out arent good enough for you to follow, so since you dont follow strict rehat then you make Sikh small in your world not me.

I am asking if people that dont follow rehat arnet Amritdari then what room do they have to debate what an Amritdari follows when they dont follow themselves. If you are too weak to follow then dont go around telling people what to do and what not to do. GuruJi says" Why do you want to teach when you yourself dont understand." Manmat is what you hear today throughout Sikhi, all because they dont take Amrit and think they know what the Panj Pyare command you while taking Amrit.Gurmat is listening to the Panj Pyare! Manmat is debating the issue and you yourself dont even know.

Give up alcohol, give up the drugs, read Gurbani and become a good Sikh of the Guru.

I am lower than lower, all the things you tell me pritam veer ji, I do take on board I am no where near from what you are, I am just the dust of your souls. I didnt mean to say if you follow strictly that Sikhi is small, what you do is very privledged and meeting a person like you on this forum is something that I have done right, I met the lion of the guru.

However I understand that Amritsar has got 4 doors, to allow any cast, creed, race, any religion to prepare the langar and people do sit down together in gurus free langar regardless of being amritdhari or non.

Pritam veer ji, haumay and hankar is not good, I know alot about gurbani too,actually I never read sikh albhabet, I learnt gurbani myself naturally came to me, I dont want to debate on any grounds, I am no where near yourself, so lets leave the topic here. I do have alot of back up where i can target your comments, but fair and squarely I think I dont have energy left.

Pritam veerji, I never touched meat in my life, drugs or anything and never will do.

d_oh.gif

• 3 weeks later...

"You may observe fasts and say your prayers, purify yourself and do good deed; you may go on pilgrimages everywhere and eat nothing at al. YOU MAY COOK YOUR FOOD WITHOUT TOUCHING ANYONE; YOU MAY MAKE A GREAT SHOW OF CLEANSING TECHNIQUES, and burn incense and devotional lamps, BUT NONE OF THESE IS EQUAL TO THE LORD'S NAME..................." ( Guru Arjan Ji, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, pg 1229).

NB. BIBEK

Bib means two or dual (duality)

Ek means one/singular.

Bibek means from duality to singuality.

- To remove yourself from dual thinking and focus only on ek (Vaheguru).

I think everyone here needs a BIG HUG :console: war.gif . To all the Amritdharis out there prove your love and humility by embracing these non-amritdharis in such a way that they feel the love for the guru overflowing from us into them. That they are compelled to go towards sikhi because they see how much love and peace a gurus sikh has in him. Shaming them or making them feel like <admin-profanity filter activated> cause they are not amritdhari isn't helping us or them. Its time we embrace everyone one no matter what. As for the original question. Here is my advice. Do you do amritvela? naam abiyaas, seva, sangat and simran? If not I suggest you put your focus on that. Really focus on never missing a day. And do it with your heart. Then if you don't get the answer to your question on your own, ask Guru ji and he will give it to u. My point is a gursikh who practices sikhi with all his heart does not need to ask anyone else because Guru ji himself will show him the way. I know from experience. :T: so stop all this v1.gifv2.gif and start showing more :wubc:

It was mentioned before in this thread , if the Panj Pyaray tell you only eat from the hands of Amritdharees how can one counter that? Why would you want to counter that? Is that really smart thing to do?

It's one thing if the Panj Pyaray don't say anything about eating, then that is fine. But if they make it very clear that you should eat from only Amritdharees then are you gonna tell them, nope, I will do as I wish! The Panj are Guru Roop, so it is the same as Guru Gobind Singh Ji telling you. If you choose to ignore it then that is your problem. It is a hard thing to follow, but we have to work at it. Simply ignoring it doesn't make it ok. Remember when a person takes Amrit their parents become Guru Gobind Singh Ji and Mata Sahib Kaur Ji. So we have to do what Pita Guru Gobind Singh Ji wants us to do.

It's hard, but Sikhi is supposed to be.

:D

However I understand that Amritsar has got 4 doors, to allow any cast, creed, race, any religion to prepare the langar and people do sit down together in gurus free langar regardless of being amritdhari or non.

Actually, traditionally the langar at Harimander Sahib was only prepared by amritdharees. Infact, even now, if you go there, you can see the sign that says only amritdharees are allowed to prepare langar, its just that no one pays heed to the Sikh traditions or maryadas anymore. THey are too busy being all encompassing and politically correct to see that while trying to please others, they are throughing SIkhi out into the air. A Sikh does not keep bibek because they think they are better than non amritdharees. IF they do, this is the wrong reason for bibek. A Sikh should always be the dust of everyone's feet. A SIkh keeps bibek simply because it is a puratan rehit of Guru Ji. It is a way of showing love and devotion to Guru Ji, by followin thier rehit, since Guru Ji said Rehit Pyaree Mujh Ko, Sikh Pyaraa Nahe. It has nothing to do with ego or haumai, or atleast it shouldnt.