Meat In Doncaster

khalsa s1ngh

singh_bling

lol nah not really i wanna see wat bit of gurbani u are using to back up ur dumb views, and nah iam fine with my linda macartnee sausages

Linda McCartney Sausages.

Ingredients

• water
  • vegetable oil
  • salt
  • yeast extract
  • pea and wheat protein
  • Rehydrated textured wheat protein
  • dextrose
  • red iron oxide
  • hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose
  • sulphur dioxide

mmm...everything a growing boy needs!

icon8.gif

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smoking a dangerous and damaging cocktail of drugs (as in tobacco) is wrong.

Intoxicating yourself with alcohol (another drug) is wrong.

An omnivore (human) eating nutrients (meat) is not wrong.

Those who argue not to eat meat (based on the concept of impurity) are fools according to Guru Nanak.

send in the tuk where guru nanak dev ji maharaj has wrote that we are fools who argue about meat, and send in the hole shabad not just the bit that u like.

I refer you to my previous post.

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=223443

singh_bling
lol nah not really i wanna see wat bit of gurbani u are using to back up ur dumb views, and nah iam fine with my linda macartnee sausages

Linda McCartney Sausages.

Ingredients

• water
  • vegetable oil
  • salt
  • yeast extract
  • pea and wheat protein
  • Rehydrated textured wheat protein
  • dextrose
  • red iron oxide
  • hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose
  • sulphur dioxide

mmm...everything a growing boy needs!

icon8.gif

lol u need a life

Smoking a dangerous and damaging cocktail of drugs (as in tobacco) is wrong.

Intoxicating yourself with alcohol (another drug) is wrong.

An omnivore (human) eating nutrients (meat) is not wrong.

Those who argue not to eat meat (based on the concept of impurity) are fools according to Guru Nanak.

send in the tuk where guru nanak dev ji maharaj has wrote that we are fools who argue about meat, and send in the hole shabad not just the bit that u like.

Go to Sikhi to the Max and get it yourself. Or are you tired after eating loads of Birds Eye veggie food, chips, pizza, tofu and all tthat other cack you brahmin mat followers buy from Tesco.

lol nah not really i wanna see wat bit of gurbani u are using to back up ur dumb views, and nah iam fine with my linda macartnee sausages :D

I guess all that processed rubbish you eat makes you tired as if you have underactive thyroid. Go on get on Sikhi to the Max.

After that you can go do some research on the 1980 HUKUMNAMA from the AKAL TAKHT which has given its verdict on the issue for the entire Khalsa Panth. Obviously those who do not have faith in the Hukumnama of the AKAL TAKHT will make up stories and carryon with their brahmin inspired veggie lies.

If you do not eat meat why do you hanker after meat substitue products like Lindas sausey ?

All those veggie brahmin Sikhs I see in health shop being meat free bacon etc make me laugh. They have choice of nice healthy nuts and dried fruit etc and they run toward the processed frozen food rubbish freezer to buy sausa, bacon and pies. Is pucca veggie stuff not good enough for you so you try and buy food that tries to emulate meat products ?

QUOTE(sikh12910 @ Jan 6 2007, 05:39 PM) *

i have a spiritual religious compulsion to refrain from eating meat! n for people who are interested in this topic there are threads on sikh philosophy forums on this stuff with many pple condoning this meat eating jhatka shite in gurudwarras.......whats next, alcohol?! if they want meat why not eat it away from the gurudwarra! why dont pple just take their shoes into the gurudwarra aswell, n they may aswell start uncovering their heads aswell....

Oye besharam Jhatka is even mentioned in a few puratan Rehat Maryada and when Dhan Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji went to Shaheed Baba Gurbax Singh Ji's dera he is said to have ordered Jhatka and cooking of meat. So dont call it Shite, if anything your knowledge on this matter is shite.

fair enough, however i dont follow the rehat maryada, just our holy Guru Granth Sahib which is what we all got told to follow- its got all the knowlege of the ten gurus so if its all the sikhs of their times needed, its all i need!

i honestly believe the rehat maryada isnt 100% genuine n has, in the least, been altered- only our gurus had the knowlege to tell us how to live life and to reach god- their knowledge was givenn to them straight from waheguru ji. its all a matter of resepct for guru ji, im sure none of our other gurus ever cooked meat in the gurudwarra n unless i know for sure they did, i wont condone this Shite- i have nothing against meat eaters, but i dont think sikhs should eat meat- theres a lot of spiritual stuff u gotta think about aswell...... but i make the exception for genuine n truthful bodybuilding singhs cuz they need it! :D

fair enough, however i dont follow the rehat maryada, just our holy Guru Granth Sahib which is what we all got told to follow- its got all the knowlege of the ten gurus so if its all the sikhs of their times needed, its all i need!

i honestly believe the rehat maryada isnt 100% genuine n has, in the least, been altered- only our gurus had the knowlege to tell us how to live life and to reach god- their knowledge was givenn to them straight from waheguru ji. its all a matter of resepct for guru ji, im sure none of our other gurus ever cooked meat in the gurudwarra n unless i know for sure they did, i wont condone this Shite- i have nothing against meat eaters, but i dont think sikhs should eat meat- theres a lot of spiritual stuff u gotta think about aswell...... but i make the exception for genuine n truthful bodybuilding singhs cuz they need it! :D

Dear Sikh,

The debate you joined in on at sikhphilosophy is not shite:

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/essays-on-si...over-flesh.html

The Guru Granth Sahib ji does not condone any form of diet vegetarian or meat. If you believe vegetarian is the best way for spirituality then follow it. If you believe meat eating is the best way to spirituality, then follow it.

As for Langaar........I do not believe meat should be served at Langaar - WHY? - Langaar originally as started by Guru Nanak is open too all. If you started including meat, then it would excluded a section of society. Meat eaters tend not to object to vegetarian food wheras vegetarians tend to be (exception being Kurtas), militant in their views about meat. If meat were included there would be debates over Halaal, Kosher, Pork, Beef etc. Therefore, Langaar should be kept vegetarian. Saying that there are some sects that believe Onion and Garlic should be avoided.....so even with vegetarian diet you will get desenters.

You could argue blah blah blah about meat eatng, but as Guru Nanak said:

Page 1289 Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

mehlaa 1.

maas maas kar moorakh jhagrhay gi-aan Dhi-aan nahee jaanai.

ka-un maas ka-un saag kahaavai kis meh paap samaanay.

gaiNdaa maar hom jag kee-ay dayviti-aa kee baanay.

maas chhod bais nak pakrheh raatee maanas khaanay.

farh kar lokaaN no dikhlaavahi gi-aan Dhi-aan nahee soojhai.

naanak anDhay si-o ki-aa kahee-ai kahai na kahi-aa boojhai.

anDhaa so-ay je anDh kamaavai tis ridai se lochan naahee.

maat pitaa kee rakat nipannay machhee maas na khaaNhee.

First Mehl:

The fools argue about flesh and meat, but they know nothing about meditation and spiritual wisdom.

What is called meat, and what is called green vegetables? What leads to sin?

It was the habit of the gods to kill the rhinoceros, and make a feast of the burnt offering.

Those who renounce meat, and hold their noses when sitting near it, devour men at night.

They practice hypocrisy, and make a show before other people, but they do not understand anything about meditation or spiritual wisdom.

O Nanak, what can be said to the blind people? They cannot answer, or even understand what is said.

They alone are blind, who act blindly. They have no eyes in their hearts.

They are produced from the blood of their mothers and fathers, but they do not eat fish or meat.

Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji

No point arguing. Follow your own conscience. As a Gurmukh, your conscience will tell what is OK. In fact when you reach that stage, it will not matter what you eat.

Eat and Drink what is good for your mind and body. Do not take substances that will harm it.

Do not practice "Duality or Hypocrasy" as Kurtas has pointed out........in one breath you condem meat eaters then in the other you talk of liking Quorn Chicken substitute.

Do not pevert Bani, by taking one or two lines out and claiming this is the law of Bani.............Sant Mat followers do this.....that is why they will be condemed as mischief makers like their Mahant predecessors, in years to come.

Best Wishes