Sikh Converted To Islam!

All-Info

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji kee fateh

I have attached the leaflet on this post so u can all look at it. It is a black and white copy, althought the original is colour. i will upload the colour one later.

parading convertees

if they converted a misguided boy called aman dhalliwal so what? why parade him around?

they just asking for touble when they do that. theres plenty of muslim women that have converted to sikhism, do siklhs parade the girls around infront of them at silly programmes designed to stirr hatred?

and deliberately they use the name "aman dhalliwal", when some1 converts to islam they also change their name to a muslim name , but this "aman dhaliwal" uses his sikh name to deliberately cause tension and to rub it in at his silly programmes.

University societies

many of these islamic societies have been banned before (many in the last 2 years) beacuse they do the very same thing, apparently this society slipped throught the net.

collaboration

Ive just had a talk with the sikh awareness society, and they believe the best way to approach this situation is to send a few good educated scholar type sikhs with some sangat to debate with these moronic buffoons. and hopefully defeat them at their own game.

i reconsidered, and i dont think that taking masses of sangat there on the day is a good idea,

i think that the debate idea is the best, since the event is gonna be closely monitored by the university and possibly police. these idiots usually use certain topics to try and exploit weaknesses. e.g. they will talk about heaven/hell , reincarnation ect. so we should despatch a team of educated sikhs in sikhi and islam to tackle these idiots head on. we can debate some "soft" topics in their own beliefs. e.g. role of women...... ect lol

fateh

post-5397-1172168039.jpg

post-5397-1172168231.jpg

Relax and compose yourselves. Isn't it amazing how quick we can be to jump the gun and start organising a collective reaction without thinking it through. Perhaps this type of energy was required to not lose this Sikh in the first place. But then of course we were using our energy in telling kids what they can't do in Sikhi and what they need to stay away from, rather than what Sikhi might actually hold from them.

And there I go, reacting without thinking through what I'm saying. I'll leave it in so that I am not on my high horse throughout the rest of this reply.

I agree it is a disappointing event from Muslims who are already under intense scrutiny and focus. The action that this young Dariwal has taken is perhaps disconcerting, but no more so than the legions of white Americans who left their backgrounds and embraced Sikhi. True, we don't parade them on a stage and promote denouncing of their previous faith, so I can see why so many people are very agitated by this news. But I am at pains to understand something here... how is this degradation of Sikhi? The question: how can you degrade Sikhi? Is Dariwal going to take to the stage and utter foul words about Guru Nanak? Because that I can see as disrespectful, although no more so than those of us who wax reverse-lyrical about Prophet Mohammed or any one of the revered Hindu deities. But disrespectful is not the same as degradation.

Sikhi cannot die or be degraded because it is a complete way of life. It does not require us to save it. If it did, it would not have an iota of the credibility that we attribute to it. If we can recognise Guru Nanak's path and immerse ourselves in His light, we may by His grace be able to celebrate This Way of Life with our very breath. That is how Bhai Kanaiya Ji served; how Baba Banda Singh Bahadur emancipated the sub-continent; how Baba Maharaj Singh withstood an Empire; how General Labh Singh returned the rights of The Punjab to the Punjabis.

I respect that something needs to be done about the event in question, but not as the red mist descends over us. Consideration, compassion and understanding... I always thought these were valued Sikh traits.

I feel a new topic for my radio show tonight, Jiss Nau Bakshe. Tune in to Naujawani:Radio at www.Naujawani.com from 7pm - 9pm UK (time) Available to listen On Demand via the website from later on this evening. Shameless plugging :)

I have to agree with the previous poster.

Can one convert really affect Sikhi as a whole?

No.

Let them parade him around, who cares.

This guy made a choice to accept Islam and good for him. We have free will in choosing which relgion we wish to join.

If they parade him around good too....it really doesnt impinge on Sikhi at all....are we really that weak willed and soo on edge that we organise a mass 'lets beat them at their own game' type thing?

I for one dont give a damn really.

Its something else if this guys starts degrading Sikhi...but again we will only know for sure what he said or what happened if we actually are there to see it first hand other we will become idiots and jump on a band waggon leading downhill.

The recent events on Scotland are a good example (the boy who lied about his attack).

I think we have to be aware that Sikhs may choose to convert from Sikhi to another religion.

Why is that such an issue? I'm sure if this was a Christian thing or Buddist thing no-one would be wasting their time writing about it on here. Guys, we must be xenophobic and we must accept Islam as any other religion and accept a persons choice in choosing religion.

Really, we shouldn't be at such a level.

We should just carry out with our own agenda...i.e. moving us closer to Maharaji.

I think we dont have to prove anything at all, we have integrated well into British culture, unlike a lot of muslims...and I think this is where their 'issues' lie...they are stuck between a rock (islam) and a hard place (the 'West').

**ONe more thing**

With regards being targetted by those trying to convert others.

Again, this is a issue to a certain extent, but this really effects those of us at uni. But to be honest, if you are at that age you really are NOT a child. You have brains and you have the option of reading and looking into Sikhi. Maharaji didn't give us everything on a plate....but he provided everything for us....those who are weak willed or drift away to other religions are at fault in their analysis of their own religion. They have FREE will and will convert if they feel like it. They are not children who have no will so I think when people start screaming at shouting about girls and boys being converted....those very girls and boys are not dumb!!! They have a brain and if they dont use it, it;s their own loss!!!! I'm not saying they deserve it, but part of their choice is free will (after all, it's not as if the other party had a gun in their hand forcing a conversion) and a lack of knoweldge of their own religion so really it's down to that person to analyse what they want from religion and either stay as a Sikh or maybe find another religion that fulfils the gap in their soul.

For anyone who knows information of the event which has taken place, the event planned and the convert Muslim please contact the Sikh Awareness Society (S.A.S.).

Below is the SAS number for serious enquiries. Confidentiality is assured.

07930 522 475

07970 283 529

07782 209 193

To contact S.A.S. for general enquiries like further information, seva opportunities or event bookings etc. please contact:

07780 601 351

SAS.Helpline@googlemail.com

WJKK WJKF

I've read that poster thing that the Islam Society at Cov Uni had made,and on the website for the event it said contact Waseem at 07717218795. Has anyone rang him? I'm asking you Gursikhs what should we say etc, even though I know what I'd like to say!!!

Too many people are talking about this guy/girl converting to Islam, but truthfully I dont give a damn. It wasnt forced conversion cuz they doin talks on how and why they converted.

But dont get me wrong. If the sikh turned muslim convert/the christian turned muslim convert/any muslim ANYWHERE is saying derogatory words and speeches against our Sikhi, then action need to be taken, not if but NOW.