Gursikhs Attitude Towards Non Gursikhs

G.I JATT

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 pgs.... longer than most of the gurbani threads.. tells you something grin.gif

yes it does, it tells you how important the issue is to many people.

Most of these Sikh girls aren’t religious, but that doesn’t mean they don’t have any relatives in their family that are amritdhari. Besides, isn’t a Sikh duty to fight against injustice? Didn’t Sikhs used to free Hindu women from Muslim leaders back in the days? This is only one issue.

Here in Canada, a lot of these so-called gursikhs and amritdharis (and even keshdharis) can’t even stand up for themselves when get bullied in school. Usually, they find couple monay to chill with so if they get attack, the monay will help them and get back at the attackers since these turban-wearing people can’t fight their own battles. Makes you wonder why they even bother wearing a kirpan in the first place.

You really got something against the singhs in Canada eh. "These turban wearing people can't fight their own battles." I think its <banned word filter activated> comments like those are the reason why 'turban wearing people' are not to fond of you. Did one of them kick ur <admin-profanity filter activated> or something?

Now let me ask you this, when it comes down to REAL 'battles' (not those gay highschool fights were punjabi kids go around with kirpana and bats fighting each other) it is almost ONLY singhs that have stood up. Example: Narinder Grewal, we all know what happened to him in Toronto, and out of the 400 or so people present how many monay were ther? Example: Inder Ghagga, how many monay were present during that? Example: Singh in Montreal who was not aloud to wear a sri sahib in school..who came to his defence?

We can't stand up for ourselves in school? I'm not sure what school you go to, but the very few incidents were kalay or goray have been stupid enough to attack a 'so called gursikh' they did indeed stand up for themselves in a BIG WAY. No need in mentioning exact incidents and bringing peoples names into it. Of course the monay do help, the mona to singh ratio is like 20 to 1 they should help, and i commend them for that. When it comes down to it, a lot of monay are so use to fighting (over girls, at parties etc.) that it becomes second nature to them, and a lot of have that bir rass in them, even tho its mostly channeled in the wrong way. But the fact still remains that when it comes to real panthic fights over wearing kakaars, fake sants etc. you will see a 20 to 1 ratio of singhs to monay.

As for singhs not accepting monay and looking down on them. Again im not sure were you live but I think you could not be further from the truth. Singhs and monay are actually very close here, I have very close monay friends who I grew up with and went through the highschool craziness stage with..and most of them drink eat meat etc. and they themselves realize their not 'real sikhs'. One thing is for sure they would never say something as stupid as "these turban wearing people can't fight their own battles"..I think my monay friends would kick ur <admin-profanity filter activated> for saying that..

- A turban wearing person

8 pgs.... longer than most of the gurbani threads.. tells you something grin.gif

shuldnt be tho... blush.gif

But it still relates back to the definition of a gursikh. The whole reason this topic is dragging out so long is because certain posters in this thread have been trashing the overall name of gursikhs by equating them to "pompous amrithdharis". If it's longer than a gurbani topic, it's because gurbani has less to be disputed, definitions can be commonly agreed for the most part by experts, none of which i'd wager would frequent this forum.

NOW..this is where my theory comes in! rolleyes.gif ........

........I have just come up with a theory relating to the feild of genetics on punjabi DNA ....:

" I believe it is CODED in the punjabi DNA to fight among themself.....and kill among each other .....which MIGHT ...one day ..lead to the extinction of the WHOLE punjabi race one day "... :umm:

shuldnt be tho... blush.gif

But it still relates back to the definition of a gursikh. The whole reason this topic is dragging out so long is because certain posters in this thread have been trashing the overall name of gursikhs by equating them to "pompous amrithdharis". If it's longer than a gurbani topic, it's because gurbani has less to be disputed, definitions can be commonly agreed for the most part by experts, none of which i'd wager would frequent this forum.

let them call gursikhs wat they want, guru ji knows and He will do wat He thinks is right. you cannot force someone to change their opinions, whether they are right or wrong, i just wanted to share my opinion, i shall let you continue.

please forgive this paapee.

NOW..this is where my theory comes in! rolleyes.gif ........

........I have just come up with a theory relating to the feild of genetics on punjabi DNA ....:

" I believe it is CODED in the punjabi DNA to fight among themself.....and kill among each other .....which MIGHT ...one day ..lead to the extinction of the WHOLE punjabi race one day "... :umm:

:cool:

You really got something against the singhs in Canada eh. "These turban wearing people can't fight their own battles." I think its <banned word filter activated> comments like those are the reason why 'turban wearing people' are not to fond of you. Did one of them kick ur <admin-profanity filter activated> or something?
Turban wearing people kick my a ss? LOL.gif

Anyway, my beef is against all singhs who look down on us monay.

Now let me ask you this, when it comes down to REAL 'battles' (not those gay highschool fights were punjabi kids go around with kirpana and bats fighting each other) it is almost ONLY singhs that have stood up. Example: Narinder Grewal, we all know what happened to him in Toronto, and out of the 400 or so people present how many monay were ther? Example: Inder Ghagga, how many monay were present during that? Example: Singh in Montreal who was not aloud to wear a sri sahib in school..who came to his defence?

1. I am referring to battles that are fought physically. You can fight your non-physical battles that don’t really apply to us monay. You got to remember that we don’t wear kirpans since we are not allowed to wear them unless we take amrit. So how exactly can a mona help fight the kirpan battle?

2. Ghagga deliver his little speech at a gurdwara where hardly any people go at. If he delivered his speech at Dixie gurdwara, then you would’ve seen more monay. Also keep in mind that there were couple monas with Ghagga during the speech. (I believe they were sitting some where behind him or besides him close to the wall)

3. The (non-phsycial) battle you “singhs” fought against that coward (Narinder Grewal) isn’t really impressive. How many “singhs” did it take to take down that coward?

We can't stand up for ourselves in school? I'm not sure what school you go to, but the very few incidents were kalay or goray have been stupid enough to attack a 'so called gursikh' they did indeed stand up for themselves in a BIG WAY. No need in mentioning exact incidents and bringing peoples names into it. Of course the monay do help, the mona to singh ratio is like 20 to 1 they should help, and i commend them for that. When it comes down to it, a lot of monay are so use to fighting (over girls, at parties etc.) that it becomes second nature to them, and a lot of have that bir rass in them, even tho its mostly channeled in the wrong way. But the fact still remains that when it comes to real panthic fights over wearing kakaars, fake sants etc. you will see a 20 to 1 ratio of singhs to monay.
Monay can’t fight those kind of battles man. Fake sants, maybe, but not battles that involve the 5 K’s. And I still say that most monay do protect these so called singhs since most of them can’t fight their battles against bullies.
As for singhs not accepting monay and looking down on them. Again im not sure were you live but I think you could not be further from the truth. Singhs and monay are actually very close here, I have very close monay friends who I grew up with and went through the highschool craziness stage with..and most of them drink eat meat etc. and they themselves realize their not 'real sikhs'. One thing is for sure they would never say something as stupid as "these turban wearing people can't fight their own battles"..I think my monay friends would kick ur <admin-profanity filter activated> for saying that..

Ha. What is wrong with eating meat?

Your monay friends kick my a ss? Umm right. rolleyes.gif

Do you consider your monay friends to be sikhs?

Most of these Sikh girls aren’t religious, but that doesn’t mean they don’t have any relatives in their family that are amritdhari. Besides, isn’t a Sikh duty to fight against injustice? Didn’t Sikhs used to free Hindu women from Muslim leaders back in the days? This is only one issue.

Here in Canada, a lot of these so-called gursikhs and amritdharis (and even keshdharis) can’t even stand up for themselves when get bullied in school. Usually, they find couple monay to chill with so if they get attack, the monay will help them and get back at the attackers since these turban-wearing people can’t fight their own battles. Makes you wonder why they even bother wearing a kirpan in the first place.

:TH: thanks for the breath of intelligence here harpreet singh. Your whole post and especially the last paragraph is very well put.

:TH: thanks for the breath of intelligence here harpreet singh. Your whole post and especially the last paragraph is very well put.

LOL.gif

Read my respond to his little post.