Essay Marathon #7

japmans

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:umm: defintely not competition... just trying to share what little we all know with each other.

haha and no pressures! Some people find it relieving to just sit and write about non-school things... so ,if you're one of those poeple, then this is the thing for you!

Love? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

for me Love is not something you can describe and iterate...........its a feeling.................you know iwhen its there and you know when it isnt.......................for example.........my mum...............we have had very difficult relationship..........but i know if anything happend to her it would be upset..........sometimes you dont realise how much you love a person until somthing happens to them or they aint around...............i feel you could apply the same thing to God.............you only realise how much you Love him when you realise how empty ur life is without him..........................my partner.......................i know i love him, as a friend, and a companion and the depth of that love i cannot describe but its a physical love........................during your time on this earth you need a companion.......................the love i have for God only He knows its depth........................i feel i dont love and value him enough and everytime i know im doing something bad.............i feel a tug at my heart strings as to remind me that God watches all...........................

i feel i dont express my love enough for God but im always expressing it to the people around me....................that makes it all seem worthless though cos i wish i had the vast amount of Love for Maharaj Jee cos.............i guess what is difficult for me is to recongnise that God is without form and my manmukh nature does not know the true meaning of love cos true love is God and that is something i have yet to experience.......................i watch people l'ove' each other but when face with difficult times the loves soons dissapears, i feel true love is something pure and unwavering, through everything to stand side by side witht the thing you love most is difficult and in my opinion is something you cannot experience with a other human being but only with God and only God gives you that...................rare and blessed are those people who recongnise God through everything........................For example has anyone watched the Passion of the Christ, Jesus Christ devotion to God throughout his entire ordeal never wavers and i feel this is the one common factor that unites religions as one, whether it is Jesus, our 10 gurus Mohammed, Abrahim, Buddah................the unwavering love for God no matter what..........................could we still love the person the beat us ..............and persecuted us for years in the most unimagianble ways and still find a way to see the God inside that person...............it is difficult but we get there dont we?

that for me is true love sticking by our God no matter what and that is what ultimatly no only unites us with god but gives the giaan and pyaar to convey this knowledge to others, it is through love and of course Mahrajee hukam that religions and faith is born and will continue to grow even after we are gone...........................

WJKK WJKF,

Bhainji, those thoughts are beautiful.

I don't have an essay but.... just a few thoughts...

When I think of love, in this world, I'm so confused about it, so I wont even touch that aspect of it.

When it comes to Guru ji and love though, I know for myself, I feel like a jealous child.

I always find myself wondering: why Guru ji doesn't love me as much as the next person?

or

Why has Guru ji chosen that person, given that person the wisdom to love God so unconditionally?

or

When is Guru ji gonna put that love in my heart?

It's funny that these thoughts come, even though Guru ji tells us, and shows us over and over again, that God does not love one more then the other. All his children are equal to him, still the mind doesn't understand.

There are days you just close your eyes and long to feel the love. And it's there, just ... we aren't able to recognize it. We arn't able to accept it. I believe that .. because of the way we view "love" in this world and the way we define love here, we are unable to appreciate and understand the love that Guru ji has for us or the love that we are capable of feeling for Guru ji.

Just some foolish thoughts from a confused mind... so if I've said anything wrong, Bhul Chuk Maaf

Love

I don’t know if I can write a lot on love as I don’t think I have experienced it a lot. But from what I know, love is about having a connection with someone. Its also this amazing feeling that nobody can really describe. How do you describe the word Love? It is such a deep word that hardly anyone can really feel true love. We all know the feeling of hate and then love. You either love it or you hate it! I can try and say I have felt love before But I honestly don’t think I know what the word means.

I have cared about one person in my life and through that person I was able to see god – where I learned the theory of love. This person and I, helped me through Sikhi mostly but through this relationship did I learn that through all your mistakes and through all the stupid stuff you can do in your life- God always forgives. And It is through his gursikhs he teaches and shows us love. No matter what I did this person never judged me and I realized this is how God must be. Although I have never seen him.

Sit and close your eyes and imagine what life would be like without Guru Ji. Terrible! I started sweating when I thought about it. God is my friend.. the only one who is willing to sit there for hours and listen to me rant on about how pathetic I feel my life is. Not many people would do that.. but no way in a million years do I feel I love God as much as he does to me. He always listens when I have my problems but when he hopes I will wake up for Amritvela, I disappoint him. Its like no matter what you do, he always loves you.. What a friend.

Like bhainjee said before, when you do something wrong.. you feel like something is tugging at your heart. Its so hard to explain but You know no matter what happens the only one who is going to be there to help you is Guru Ji. I have had my share of problems and no human being stayed there to catch my tears the only one who was there was Guru Ji and for me that is enough to realize that he is always going to be there.

But how do we realize what love truly is? I am so sucked into this world of Maya that I feel like I cant love Maharaj the way he deserves to be love. How can two human beings really love each other? Everyone has their own stuff to deal with—Love is such a strong thing that it can never be broken. True love is pure and virtuous and wholesome!

Like I said, how do you really feel love with another human soul? You cant because in the end God is the only one you can feel true love with because he does everything for you. He is the only pure being--. However, only Gurmukhs can feel that true love because they realize the presence of god.

Then there are days when you feel so jeleous that you havnt recieved some things that other people have. You ask yourself the next day because of that gulity feeling how you can be so rude to guru ji after he has given you so many things. Hes so forgiving.. its beyond words. There are days when your sitting down and it hits you and you feel in love. You feel true love with Maharaj. We all feel it but recogniziting it is hard. God is love.. We are blinded human souls..

In the end, whenever your having a bad day you tend to sit in your room ‘alone’ and talk out loud. You do that because you know God is listening! That is such love..

Its so hard to explain in words what love is or how it feels. Its definitely something you have to experience for yourself.

We can achieve so much with love! The limits of love our endless! If we all loved like Maharaj teaches us than we could become one strong gursikhi paanth, no separate jatha’s. If we all love everything will grow like a tree and hopefully become big with cherries on top =)

God is love.. what else is there to say?

yeh God is love, Heart my thoughts came out in your essay! How wicked is that, waheguru.

What is love hey? When one says they love someone,, it can mean different things. You might love your husband and you might love your father, but is that love the same? When we try to assess our love words fail us. when you are a child you spread your arms as wide as you can and you say 'i love you thiiiiiiiiis much!' when you are 8 it is gross to love a girl, they have cootees!

I love waheguru but as Heart says, sometimes i think i dont do waheguru justice and dont love waheguru as much as waheguru deserves. At some point in our lives we all will experience some kind of love; whether it be for maharaj ji or someone or something else. Love never goes away, I dont believe that love can go away. It is always there. Words cannot take away your love. If you fall out with your mum, it dont mean you dont love her (no matter how hard you might try) - even if you dont see her for another 30 years. You love her and it will never go away; when you think of her your heart will ache. pain can be a part of love - usually seems to come with it. Some people say that a person is missing something, like they have an empty space in their body. I think that is waheguru that you are missing. Waheguru is also love, so if you dont remember waheguru, i believe you will miss love, embrace waheguru and you will embrace love amongstt a gazillion other things. Amazingly i dunno why i wanna cry as i type this. Maybe because as much as i moan , i know waheguru is always with me (even if i lose everyone else) Love for me is that wonderful feeling where you dont know if you want to laugh, cry, sleep or hug someone. :umm: i LOVE that LOVELY feeling. Love is also shown in different ways, whether it be the showering of blessings from an elder, a hug or kiss from your parents, waheguru's kirpa, you name it. Love is all around us and for those of us who dont see it, open your eyes wider, go to an airport and you'll see it there. People forget tensions at the arrivals gate and all you see is happiness. lol love is happiness too, heck love is all those horrible and wonderous feelings put together. Love is waheguru. Jaapp naam and feel the love jio pray.gif lol nowadays when someone says that on this forum ppl seem to roll their eyes as if they've heard a thousand times before. Experience it and i promise you waheguru will not fail. You will feel the love piyare sangat.

LOve is Waheguru waheguru is love

bhull chukk maar karni , i am a mindless moorak - forgive me if you dont get what i write, sometimes it oors out and seems like jumble :cool: pray.gif