"sikh" Pride Video....

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just look at them in the video and in the comments they are more concerned about having a good 'sexy' 'gangster' image with Tupac Shakur and 50-Cent hairstyles and jewellry than anything to do with Sikhi.

Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Keeping it real!

Hip Hop Sikhi baby! Tupac Shakur is a shaheed! Biggie Smalls is shaheed!

Pathetic! There's kids out there humble and true that keep kesh and live their lives yet these people just want to be 'Gangster Sikhs'! What a disgrace.

By the way, these are the types that smoke weed, drink, and treat women and girls like they are 'bitches' and 'ho's' with their gangster wannabe nonsense, and they think putting 'Khalistan' on there is going to make us impressed.

Tupac Shakur wannabe shame faced pathetic wannabe gangsters. Go and be gangsters and leave Sikh Roop alone you COWARDS --- too cowardly to keep Kesh, eh?

Pathetic.

Guest Narinder Singh
Singh132 has made some excellent points.

I suppose many of us started our Sikhi journey similar to some of these lads in the video clip. The only danger I would like to stress is that a comfort zone gets very easily created where Sikh pride is mistakenly thought of as merely wearing the Khanda or energetically waving the Nishan Sahib at the Vaiskhi Mela, what must never be forgotten is that there is no better form of Sikh pride than the adopting the Sikhi Saroop. All our Gurus, our Saheeds, our Mahapurashs had a universal Sikh attire which the human race recognises as being Sikh. In reality most of the world does not really recognise the Khanda symbol as easily as it recognises a turbaned Sikh male.

Someone has already mentioned how Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj elevated the “rehat” of a Sikh and the status Maharaj bestowed upon the Sabat Soorat Sikhi Saroop. Even Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj bowed to Sabat Soorat of the Khalsa, thats how imporant the Saroop of Sikhi is.

Inhi Ki Kirpa Kay Sajay Hum Hai

Nahi Mo So Gareep Kror Paray

It is due to their (Khalsa’s) Grace that I have attained this glorious position.

Otherwise there are millions of mortals like me

(Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj)

I agree that Sikhi saroop is mandatory, but rehit doesnt stop there. Helping someone in need is also following rehit, if we dont help that person, we're breaking rehit. Speaking to everyone kindly and never uttering a harsh word is also following rehit.

So veerji, when i said rehit, i meant "acting" on what one "believes".

Forgive me if ive said anything wrong,

Fateh.

Just look at them in the video and in the comments they are more concerned about having a good 'sexy' 'gangster' image with Tupac Shakur and 50-Cent hairstyles and jewellry than anything to do with Sikhi.

Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Keeping it real!

Pathetic! There's kids out there humble and true that keep kesh and live their lives yet these people just want to be 'Gangster Sikhs'! What a disgrace.

By the way, these are the types that smoke weed, drink, and treat women and girls like they are 'bitches' and 'ho's' with their gangster wannabe nonsense, and they think putting 'Khalistan' on there is going to make us impressed.

Tupac Shakur wannabe shame faced pathetic wannabe gangsters. Go and be gangsters and leave Sikh Roop alone you COWARDS --- too cowardly to keep Kesh, eh?

Pathetic.

LOL.gif

You are funny.

Anyway, what is up with your tone? Are you like angry right now because the whole stabbing incident in the uk?

Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Keeping it real!

Pathetic.

LOL.gif

You are funny.

Anyway, what is up with your tone? Are you like angry right now because the whole stabbing incident in the uk?

How ironic is prem's username, he/she is full of "prem" so much love in her/his previous posts hmmmmm

Heres an important point to reflect on......what is one of the 5 major sins in Sikhism? .....ANGER

lets all remember that, when passionate about any topic so that we can avoid sinning.

Yes bro, I'm angry about the idiots who do this kind of thing, the idiots who disrespect Sikhi and Kakkars and insult us all and give us a bad name like what happened in Handsworth, and I'm annoyed by these 'Sexy Boy' monah 'Sikh Gangsters' who smoke weed and say 'Biggie and Tupac are shaheeds man' and think Khanda and Ek Onkar are macho symbols for them to tatoo on their arms and then they are such pussycat COWARDS that they can't keep kesh themselves.

These people should annoy everyone! These are the 'youth'! Too COWARDLY to keep Kesh but tough enough to worship Tupac and want to associate Sikh with gangster rap!

Yeah Yeah Yeah I'm a Sikh baby don't mess don't test! I look like a Mexican and think I'm in Cypress Hill!

FOOLS and COWARDS!

My ten year old cousin who keeps Kesh in a gora area is braver and tougher than these wannabe phony gangster 'look at my hairstyle and tatoo' cowards, heck, one of them is showing off his six pack abs!

Yeah look at me I have a six pack abs and I'm Sikh I'm so tough!

What a bunch of clowns! And fools! And Cowards!

Guru Fateh

How ironic is prem's username, he/she is full of "prem"

Heres an important point to reflect on......what is one of the 5 major sins in Sikhism? .....ANGER

lets all remember that, when passionate about any topic so that we can avoid sinning.

Oooh thanks for the advice Gianni-ji! :TH:

No irony that my name is Prem --- I am full of PREM for all people even wannabe gangsters who try to bend Sikhi into a version of Gangsta Rap --- I smother my love on them and call them for their stupidity full of PYAR and LOVE and PREM --- I will give them a hug if I ever see them, and still tell them they are stupid, then hug them again and tell them TO KEEP KESH IF YOU WANT TO MANIFEST YOUR SIKH IDENTITY

If you want to be a gangsta thug then don't do that, and go and sell weed, call girls 'bitches' etc etc etc

And yes I love them despite that, just as I love you too sikh_supreme!

Guru Fateh

How ironic is prem's username, he/she is full of "prem"

Oooh thanks for the advice Gianni-ji! :TH:

No irony that my name is Prem --- I am full of PREM for all people even wannabe gangsters who try to bend Sikhi into a version of Gangsta Rap --- I smother my love on them and call them for their stupidity full of PYAR and LOVE and PREM --- I will give them a hug if I ever see them, and still tell them they are stupid, then hug them again and tell them TO KEEP KESH IF YOU WANT TO MANIFEST YOUR SIKH IDENTITY

If you want to be a gangsta thug then don't do that, and go and sell weed, call girls 'bitches' etc etc etc

And yes I love them despite that, just as I love you too sikh_supreme!

Guru Fateh

Its their way of expressing Sikh identity, remember the Sikh code of conduct was only written down and finalised in 1950s by "scholars". No where in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji does it explictly state that for one to be a SIKH he/she must have kesh. Therefore when one follows only the SGGS ji, how can you say they are not a Sikh? you can say they are not khalsa.. but saying they are not Sikhs is daft if you look at it logically.

And yes a little prem in your posts would be nice, most if not all your posts have been full of hate and anger. Seems like you need to do quite alot of reflecting and naam simran, might i suggest.

Fateh Ji

Therefore when one follows only the SGGS ji, how can you say they are not a Sikh? you can say they are not khalsa.. but saying they are not Sikhs is daft if you look at it logically.
Yes -- logic.

Do you think expressing your Sikh identity should be manifested in aspiring to keeping Kesh first of all, or producing ego driven Tupac Shakur videos that project Sikhi as a form of Gangsta Rap, probably something like, I don't know, Wu Tang Clan or something?

Logic tells you that that is what I was commenting on.

Logic tells you there is code for the expression of Sikh identity.

It begins with being humble and keeping kesh.

That is logical. Don't you reckon?

And yes a little prem in your posts would be nice, most if not all your posts have been full of hate and anger. Seems like you need to do quite alot of reflecting and naam simran, might i suggest

sikh_supreme, you really make me laugh :TH:

Last time you were so full of spleen and anger you lost control of your mind and started accusing me of being a 'Hindu' RSS supporter! Egg on your face has placified you that's good. I hold no grudges for you losing control, but you should know that I do naam simran every day, and am full of love for all, even when I express myself forcefully.

Guru Fateh