"sikh" Pride Video....

I don't agree with tatoos and I think these kids have the wrong idea about Sikhi. BUT that having been said, let's look at their bhaavnaa. They in their own misguided way are trying to show pride in Sikhi. There's some pride and maybe some love for Sikhi in their heart and that's why they display Sikh symbols like that.

I agree that this is not what Sikhi is about. But once again, I find that their bhaavnaa isn't bad and doesn't deserve condemnation. This is in fact an opportunity to do parchaar. Who knows which soul amongst them could grow into a chardi kala Gursikh with just a little bit of love and some information? The soul is often just looking for an excuse to transform into a Gursikh.

I personally don't feel offended or angry by them or this video. I see a big opportunity for these brothers. We might reject them, but I have a feeling that if they ever saw an amritdhari in trouble they'd step up and would show utmost respect. Maybe I'm just idealistic, so who knows?

Overall, lets try to embrace people who, even though they're misguided, still have bhaavnaa for Sikhi. Pushing them away might make us feel good and better about ourselves, but it won't be any seva or of any benefit to the Panth.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to thing that guys with turbans feel self conscious BUT now looking at this i think its guys that cut their hair feel like they dont belong because they KNOW your supposed to keep your hair but act like this maybe to feel like they belong....................either that or guys cut their hair know its wrong but still act like w@nkers and disprespect something they didnt understand in the first place.

Guest Narinder Singh
I don't agree with tatoos and I think these kids have the wrong idea about Sikhi. BUT that having been said, let's look at their bhaavnaa. They in their own misguided way are trying to show pride in Sikhi. There's some pride and maybe some love for Sikhi in their heart and that's why they display Sikh symbols like that.

I agree that this is not what Sikhi is about. But once again, I find that their bhaavnaa isn't bad and doesn't deserve condemnation. This is in fact an opportunity to do parchaar. Who knows which soul amongst them could grow into a chardi kala Gursikh with just a little bit of love and some information? The soul is often just looking for an excuse to transform into a Gursikh.

I personally don't feel offended or angry by them or this video. I see a big opportunity for these brothers. We might reject them, but I have a feeling that if they ever saw an amritdhari in trouble they'd step up and would show utmost respect. Maybe I'm just idealistic, so who knows?

Overall, lets try to embrace people who, even though they're misguided, still have bhaavnaa for Sikhi. Pushing them away might make us feel good and better about ourselves, but it won't be any seva or of any benefit to the Panth.

d_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gif

Awesome post veerji, i agree with you 100%!!!

brilliant post, apologise for my previous posts. paaji has hit the nail on the head, what he said is spot on!

vahigurujikakhalsa vahigurujikifateh!

pathetic, having a khanda and ik onakaar tattoo dsnt make you ''A SOLJA'' lol. . . more beadbi than anything. its just a joke a bunch of lads trying to put there pics up on the net. . . big mistake of putting sri maan sant ginai jarnail singh jee khalsa bhindranvale (mukhi DDT) and shaheed bhi sukhdev singh jee khalsa's pictures with these individuals and especially the pic of sri darbaar sahib, if you dnt follow what sant jee etc ses then whats the point of trying to associate urself with them. .

We don't follow what humans say veer. We follow Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

refernce being made to having sant jees pic and bhai sukhdev singh jees pic in the video. . . where sant jee wud have been blatently against the beadbi of bani( ik oankaar tatoo)

we follow sri guru granth sahib jee,

dasm sri guru granth sahib jee

sarbloh granth sahib jee and all the other religious writings by the guru sahibs

Singh132 has made some excellent points.

I suppose many of us started our Sikhi journey similar to some of these lads in the video clip. The only danger I would like to stress is that a comfort zone gets very easily created where Sikh pride is mistakenly thought of as merely wearing the Khanda or energetically waving the Nishan Sahib at the Vaiskhi Mela, what must never be forgotten is that there is no better form of Sikh pride than the adopting the Sikhi Saroop. All our Gurus, our Saheeds, our Mahapurashs had a universal Sikh attire which the human race recognises as being Sikh. In reality most of the world does not really recognise the Khanda symbol as easily as it recognises a turbaned Sikh male.

Someone has already mentioned how Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj elevated the “rehat” of a Sikh and the status Maharaj bestowed upon the Sabat Soorat Sikhi Saroop. Even Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj bowed to Sabat Soorat of the Khalsa, thats how imporant the Saroop of Sikhi is.

Inhi Ki Kirpa Kay Sajay Hum Hai

Nahi Mo So Gareep Kror Paray

It is due to their (Khalsa’s) Grace that I have attained this glorious position.

Otherwise there are millions of mortals like me

(Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj)

Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Hip Hop Sikhi, man!

Let's make a video with the soundtrack of Tupac Shakur and turn Sikhi into just another branch of 'gangster culture' mixing in picture of Khalistan so you can get a big macho thrill and then mouth off about starting wars with Pakistan to create Khalistan!

This is absolutely the pits man, the worst example of the worst kind of 'Gangster Hip Hop Sikhi' that these people try to create in which they have no LOVE no HUMANITY just worshippingf TUPAC SHAKUR and want to be full of pride and not one of them keeps kesh themselves in the video.

Yeah Yeah Gangster Sikhi Monah Pride!

Do you worship Tupac or Akaal Puraakh?

PATHETIC!!!! Leave Hip Hop Rapist Rappers and their image away from Sikhi!

Who do they think they are trying to make Sikhi just another type of 'gangster rap'?

Keep Kesh and spread LOVE not macho gangster hating and 'pride'

We don't need gangster pride. Guruji gave you the SIKH ROOP to manifest your Sikhi instead of this nonsense.