Punjab

V

I was watching this dateline punjab news (colours channel) and stuff on tv for 30 mins.. and dude it's really messed up place nowdays ohmy.gif ? i didn't see one proper singh.... and then we saw the post of mr Singh of that poster thingy.. man.. we seriously do need a prachar there !! it's already way too late, but at least someone shud try a bit..

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yupz.. punjab situation is kinda bad.. there's no proper parchar that goes on there.. worst still they are badly influenced by all the hinduism rituals that we as sikhs are not suppose to follow.. its sad to see where sikh actually started the place is total messed up now.. ;)

the situation is bad, the blame can be put on the youth.

all the youth are introduced to sikhi but they choose other paths. its a little better in pinds.

i don't think its too late, when the next uprising happens sikhs will once again be in touch with sikhi.

now a day people there try being too modern (western cutlure)

i think theres still hope.

OOOOOOOOOOH C'mon in my opinion its NOT children's fault AT ALL!

if their parents give a good "palna posna:P" then theres no chance the child goes on the wrong treck..

or even CONSIDERS being in the society of the manMukhs rolleyes.gif

all the youth are introduced to sikhi but they choose other paths. its a little better in pinds.
NO YOUTH => Almost,m

are introduced to Sikhi

if they were they would've fallen on Guru jee's feet LONG AGO

in Pinds its WORSE because of lack of education, and knowledge about Sikhi rolleyes.gif

Yes ADULTS ARE..

affecting on CHildrens being English speakers, as parents like to speak in English with kids

whats the Kid's fault rolleyes.gif

Bhull chukk maaf!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Guest mehtab

To achieve great goals, great sacrifices have to be made!

After Guru Arjan Dev Jee's shahadat, Guru Hargobind picked up arms. After Guru Tegh Bahadur Jee's shahadat, Guru Gobind Singh picked up arms. The message was clear, that we cannot go on like this. Following Guru Tegh Bahadur's shahadat, the Sikhs of Delhi even refused to acknowledge the fact that they were Sikhs out of fear of the mughals. And so Guru Gobind Singh decided that i m gonna give Sikhs an appearance by which they won't have to say who and what they are, their appearance will tell it all. Expression of fearlessness was one of the initial reasons as to why Guru Sahib blessed Sikhs with a unique appearance and identity.

i think i m gonna say this again. People who used to do all kinds of anti-sikhi acts prior to 84 came back to Sikhi and took amrit after 84. It was a wake up call! Now plzz dont think that i m implying that we always need a kick in the (u know where) to wake up. NO! But as bhai fauja singh has said that the boota (plant) of Sikhi needs blood every 50 years, and so every time this boota demands blood, the chardi kala singhs/singhnees go ahead and give all they have, meanwhile their deeds inspire loads of others, bringing the number of death-defying saint-soldiers to another higher stage. The ones who were busy drinking/smoking/etc become true Khalsas once they go thru the stage of jabay baan laageyo tabay ros jaageyo.

Punjab will soon see a time when Sikhs will start realizing that ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Its 2004...as i mentioned in another thread, there are 5 round figure anniversaries this year (i say "round figure" coz these are 20th, 300th, 400th and 500th anniversaries)...whether or not someone agrees with the idea of Sant Jee returning this year or not (i shall refrain from stating my opinion), this year has gotta be an important one for Sikhi.

Guru Angad Dev Jee's 500th prakash utsav. Now if someone thinks "so what", well, let me tell u that Guru Angad Dev Jee was the one whom Guru Nanak chose to be His successor to GurGaddi. And correct me if i m wrong, Guru Nanak, after appointing Guru Angad Dev Jee as successor, bowed before Him (the 2nd Guru). So u can imagine how great Guru Angad Dev Jee was (or shud i say IS coz Gurujee is eternal!).

400 years of prakash or SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB. The word of GOD, a universal scripture having verses from even Hindu and Muslim saints and devotees. The best example of a scripture recognizing no barriers of religion and full of love of GOD, singing HIS praises and glories from A to Z.

300 years of shaheedi of chhote sahibzaade. i have yet to see such young martyrs in any other religion who at such a tender age were happily willing to accept death rather than giving up their faith.

20 years of operation bluestar. An act for which all of India will have to pay (as said by Bhaisahib Rama Singh jee).

20 years of anti-Sikh carnage that turned the streets of Delhi red in blood. Another act which is a black blot on the face of "free" India.

Keeping in mind that all these events have "round figure" anniversaries all

in one year, makes 2004 a very crucial/important/special year for Sikhi.

maybe i m stupid enuff to think of these in the way that i am :(

and ya...gabroo veere...me lub ju too ;)tongue.gif

OOOOOOOOOOH C'mon in my opinion its NOT children's fault AT ALL!

if their parents give a good "palna posna:P" then theres no chance the child goes on the wrong treck..

or even CONSIDERS being in the society of the manMukhs rolleyes.gif

NO YOUTH => Almost,m

are introduced to Sikhi

if they were they would've fallen on Guru jee's feet LONG AGO

in Pinds its WORSE because of lack of education, and knowledge about Sikhi rolleyes.gif

Yes ADULTS ARE..

affecting on CHildrens being English speakers, as parents like to speak in English with kids

whats the Kid's fault rolleyes.gif

Bhull chukk maaf!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Mr §ingh, here we go again.

Mr §ingh, i agree it is also the parents fault, but the kids have a choice too.

i know tons of adult sikhs, who know lots about sikh, and they've tried passing that on to they're kids.

but the kids are more influenced by the culture and they're surroundings.

i know alot of guys who drink, do drugs and party, yet they're parents are good sikhs and have already tried to put them on the right path.

i believe the reason you don't see this, is because you living in sweden. and it doesn't have a crazy number of sikhs.

or maybe i m just too narrow minded, and only see whats happening in canada.