Bhindranwale Never Wanted Khalistan

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2007/20070606/punjab1.htm#3

Bhindranwale never wanted Khalistan, claims Indian envoy

Varinder Walia

Tribune News Service

Amritsar, June 5

Amritsar-born Indian Ambassador to Madagascar Daljit Singh Pannun, who had made efforts to avert Operation Bluestar by mediating between Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale and the union government, has said certain forces had played mischief and misguided Indira Gandhi that led to the Army operation in June 1984. This was despite the fact that the firebrand sant had agreed to initiate dialogue to resolve the deadlock.

The exclusive interview with Pannun assumes significance since he had put his life in danger in resolving the vexed Punjab problem. The Indian envoy has also given first-hand information about the talks between Central government and Bhindranwale in “Cannon unto Canon”, brought out by Singh Brothers, which is yet to be released. “I was pushed to talk to Sant Bhindranwale at Akal Takht. It wasn't my personal effort, rather I was pushed into it by a large number of friends, including the then senior-most officer of the government of Punjab, S.S.Sidhu, who was the de facto ruler of the state.”

The Indian envoy said he was kept in the dark about the impending Army operation by the vested interests, otherwise many innocent lives could have been saved. He said he worked out some details with Sant Bhindranwale and it looked so simple and straight. “We had an informal and frank exchange of views. The book by Pannun reads that “the dialogue with Sant Bhindranwale was conducted in such warm and cordial atmosphere that he called for Rooh Afza which was arranged by Baba Thara Singh and we took it”.

“I remember I mooted the proposal that Indira Gandhi shall speak to the nation and appeal for peace and normalcy in the country, particularly in Punjab, and elaborate that all problems afflicting the state shall be resolved through mutual discussions,” Pannun said and added that he wanted the sant to respond to this appeal by announcing that he would wait for a month and shall persuade his followers and others to keep their guns without bullets during this period.

The envoy said he had proposed a period of four weeks for the same (while he wanted just one week), which they hammered out to 10 days. Pannun asked Sant Bhindranwale that if some mishap took place, Indira Gandhi would not name that it was done by your men. The sant, however, sought commitment from Pannu that the Central government would stop torturing Sikh youths during captivity. Pannu claimed that Sant Bhindranwale was keen that this plan should not be sabotaged.

The documentation of the reports sent to the Central government before Operation BlueStar reads, “We ended this meeting in utmost cordiality, understanding and were happy at the outcome. In fact I found there was nothing that would frighten the Government of India and anyone else.

Pannu claimed that Bhindranwale had repeatedly told him that he did not want Khalistan. He said Sant Bhindranwale told him that “I don’t want Khalistan but they would give it on a platter to me”. He said the sant was “grossly misunderstood” and had he been tackled with honestly and consideration, Operation Bluestar would have never taken place.

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2007/20070606/punjab1.htm#3

Bhindranwale never wanted Khalistan, claims Indian envoy

Varinder Walia

Tribune News Service

Amritsar, June 5

Amritsar-born Indian Ambassador to Madagascar Daljit Singh Pannun, who had made efforts to avert Operation Bluestar by mediating between Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale and the union government, has said certain forces had played mischief and misguided Indira Gandhi that led to the Army operation in June 1984. This was despite the fact that the firebrand sant had agreed to initiate dialogue to resolve the deadlock.

The exclusive interview with Pannun assumes significance since he had put his life in danger in resolving the vexed Punjab problem. The Indian envoy has also given first-hand information about the talks between Central government and Bhindranwale in “Cannon unto Canon”, brought out by Singh Brothers, which is yet to be released. “I was pushed to talk to Sant Bhindranwale at Akal Takht. It wasn't my personal effort, rather I was pushed into it by a large number of friends, including the then senior-most officer of the government of Punjab, S.S.Sidhu, who was the de facto ruler of the state.”

The Indian envoy said he was kept in the dark about the impending Army operation by the vested interests, otherwise many innocent lives could have been saved. He said he worked out some details with Sant Bhindranwale and it looked so simple and straight. “We had an informal and frank exchange of views. The book by Pannun reads that “the dialogue with Sant Bhindranwale was conducted in such warm and cordial atmosphere that he called for Rooh Afza which was arranged by Baba Thara Singh and we took it”.

“I remember I mooted the proposal that Indira Gandhi shall speak to the nation and appeal for peace and normalcy in the country, particularly in Punjab, and elaborate that all problems afflicting the state shall be resolved through mutual discussions,” Pannun said and added that he wanted the sant to respond to this appeal by announcing that he would wait for a month and shall persuade his followers and others to keep their guns without bullets during this period.

The envoy said he had proposed a period of four weeks for the same (while he wanted just one week), which they hammered out to 10 days. Pannun asked Sant Bhindranwale that if some mishap took place, Indira Gandhi would not name that it was done by your men. The sant, however, sought commitment from Pannu that the Central government would stop torturing Sikh youths during captivity. Pannu claimed that Sant Bhindranwale was keen that this plan should not be sabotaged.

The documentation of the reports sent to the Central government before Operation BlueStar reads, “We ended this meeting in utmost cordiality, understanding and were happy at the outcome. In fact I found there was nothing that would frighten the Government of India and anyone else.

Pannu claimed that Bhindranwale had repeatedly told him that he did not want Khalistan. He said Sant Bhindranwale told him that “I don’t want Khalistan but they would give it on a platter to me”. He said the sant was “grossly misunderstood” and had he been tackled with honestly and consideration, Operation Bluestar would have never taken place.

Finally someone admits it. I don't understand why Indians keep claiming that Bhindranwale was pro-khalistani. His movement was to get justice for his people.

sant sipahi jarnail singh ji khalsa bhindrawaale was such a great personality that to this day when his name is mentioned in india, the tyrants and sellouts tremble and fear the revival of the sikh dharam yudh morcha.

Even after his shaheedi, Indian facsists still fear him. Amar Shaheed jarnail singh ji khalsa, greatest sikh of the 20th century.

honesty, integrity, and courage. Three things which make the Indian establishment nervous. Three things which baba jarnail singh ji lived by.

dil karda hor bahut kujh likha soorme sant sipahi waare....

i am happy to read this article as it is a good attempt at righting the wrong propaganda written about sant ji...

i have a 65 page essay that my cousin sent to me. in it the essay outlines all the problems that punjab was facing, it outlines what sant ji was doing at the time (which is basically, inspiring youth to return to khalsa), outlines how sant ji decided to get involved in the mission for the rights of punjabis, and how the media misconstrued it to be a sikh vs hindu issue..

also addresses the numerous accusations made against sant ji and then systematically tears up these accusations...a very good read...

i'm not computer savvy...but if someone knows how to upload it to some site where people can conveniently download it..message me andi can email it to you..

maybe it's already on a site...i just got it emailed to me a couple of weeks ago.

also worth noting...it is not ALL the indian government that screwed things up...yes they were hugely against sant ji as they couldn't stand by the ideals that sant ji lived up to..

but also what i think is even worse and more disappointing is the politics that SIKHS themselves played with sant ji... the Akalis didn't like his popularity, they also conspired against him...even the babbars had ideological differences with him...

there is mention that there were several attempts to assasinate sant ji both by goi and fellow sikhs...

Waheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguroo Ji Ke Fatehh!!

Sant Giaani Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale

said in one of his speaches that its isnt his demand..he noes sum veer are on it.. but hes not his mang.. but if they give it he ant gnna say no..and how people are making things up, they dnt ask him (i.e media lot)

if u you go to my video.. towards the end its got a subheading thing of "sant jis Views on Khalistan"

lissenn.. nd ull understnad mee!!

he wanted freedom for sikhs.. for rights., and not as 2nd class citizens. and that sikhs wernt hindus but SIKHS.. he also says in another speech..that englands parliment have declared sikhs to be a seperate religion then why cant "our" hakhumath..

its a short video.. if you can watch it all.. but if you cant.. the talks bout his veechar on khalistan are aorund 3mins 30 secs!

bhul chuk maaf karne!!!!!!!!

Waheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguroo Ji Ke fatehh