Boy Pressurised To Convert

Big_Tera

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my days I got a question to lads that are in situations like this are you a man or a mouse? It's understandable that a few blind and stupid girls fall in the trap but when you hear about boys being "forced" to convert, it makes you question are you a spine-less puff?

Disgrace to ALL Sikh Singhs - whether your Kesdharee or non Kesdharee. Learn to rumble.

Oh my days I got a question to lads that are in situations like this are you a man or a mouse? It's understandable that a few blind and stupid girls fall in the trap but when you hear about boys being "forced" to convert, it makes you question are you a spine-less puff?

Disgrace to ALL Sikh Singhs - whether your Kesdharee or non Kesdharee. Learn to rumble.

Exactly. The guy needs to stand up against his Muslim friends. If he can't fight those Muslims by himself, then I am sure some Sikhs are willing to help him out.

Plenty of UK Sikh boys know how to rumble - believe me. But going to prison and all that jazz messes you up here. Besides the rest of the majority get all......mamas boy on you.

Plenty of UK Sikh boys know how to rumble - believe me. But going to prison and all that jazz messes you up here. Besides the rest of the majority get all......mamas boy on you.

What do you mean by that................anyway im not in that majority ive always had to fight..............in the UK u have to standup for yourself otherwise you'll get messed up.

theres been quite a few topics of conversions ect. but theres a Sikh male at uni that is being pressurised to convert to islam. he's a outgoing, mona boy and somehow he's been mixing with a group of extremist at uni.

i saw him a couple of times in the Gurdwara on Vaishaki. but he told me not to tell the group of muslims that are trying to convert him. as they dont want him to go to the Gurdwara.

im not sure how to advise him or what to do.

Thats the first step. Now you know then please get help for him Get in touch with http://www.sasorg.co.uk/about.html

and

also let the Uni officials know of whats happening.

'Gather' around him with all the support you can get and HELP him. He has made the first move for help so lets help him.

This account was taken in March 2007 by a student of Queen Mary University, East London. (name withheld, can be provided on request). Luckily this student had helped in making www.sikh4life.co.uk so was well able to respond. These fanatics specifically target those without turbans and girls.

In his own words:

· Started off by saying, why don’t you come along to the lecture (about islam) its free, anyone can come. We said no and just sat down to eat. After a while they came over to us and started preaching.

· Islam the only religion that been scientifically proven, it has only been discovered that the universe is expanding and it says in the quran that “the earth and sky were once joined” so they are using this as proof for the big bang theory.

· Also said that it is the only religion that can be proved by facts and that all other religions such as Christianity have been misinterpreted along the way. Then I said well how can Sikhism have been changed as the original bir is still in the Golden temple… he said that so is the kuran!

· Said that Sikhism was created out of hinduism and islam, and obviously when I corrected them he had nothing to say

· He said that he didn’t agree with 9/11 but that it could be justified because America are killing lots of people in iraq (if someone was killing your parents then you would be allowed to fight back) also said that hopefully the suicide bombers are in paradise now

· When all else failed he said that it was the fastest growing religion, why is this? If so many people are joining it must be right. I said that look at so many people supporting Hitler during world war two, were they all right? No, because of propaganda.

· Said at the end of the day its all about one God, Islam is the right way to reach it because all the facts are there. Said that in the quran there is one passage that cannot be measured by any type of poetic meter or anything and this proves that it is the word of God!! How stupid and ignorant!

........end of transcript...........

Lets remember not to hate others, and protect ourselves from those groups intent on attacking us.

theres been quite a few topics of conversions ect. but theres a Sikh male at uni that is being pressurised to convert to islam. he's a outgoing, mona boy and somehow he's been mixing with a group of extremist at uni.

i saw him a couple of times in the Gurdwara on Vaishaki. but he told me not to tell the group of muslims that are trying to convert him. as they dont want him to go to the Gurdwara.

im not sure how to advise him or what to do.

Thanx for sharing this with us........he's definitly on road to conversion (not by will), it's the result of lack of knowledge and also the sangat he's in. But the posotive thing is that he still goes to gurdwaras like u mentioned on vaisakhi etc. so maybe u can give him some company, talk him to on msn etc talk abt religion and know his views, and then tell him abt sikhi and how it's difference fron islam. And also present the true pic of islam. Encourage him to join these sikh forums and also introduce to us. Maybe he's isolated from sikh sangat and has ended up wiv muslims and from there it's hard to come back especially if u are ignorant abt ur own religion (i m saying frm my personal experience)

If we don't help him out at this moment, he'll be the next one being paraded on stages labelled as "sikh convert to islam" and openly ridiculing sikhi on stages. So better, let's educate him and get him out of that trap, than protesting later.