Abused Friend In Need Of Help

JustME

today a friend of mine got in touch.......basically she was seeing a guy and they decided to speak to their folks about getting married..............but her folks flipped and beat her up (she has three brothers) they took kirpans out on her and brutally attacked her..............the worst thing was this happend last yr and we were at uni together and she didnt say anything.................she simply dissapeared and only just got in touch...............apparently she had so badly been beated her family wud not let her be seen in public until she physically "appeared" normal

She rang me today and told me how she is baeten on a nearly week-to-week basis by her brothers..........her mum emotionally taunts her....................

I want to help her but im unsure of wot to reccommend in terms of where she can go cos she has decided to leave and i stand by her decision but she needs protection............she does not want to cause harm to her family in terms of getting the police involved but when she leaves she wants to be safe so she can get on with her life

she has been totally alone this past year and a half..............has been used as a punch-bag by her family.............sangat jio wot help is there available for girls like this?

bhul chuck maafi

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) she could live with you for a while if thats possible

2) she could live with some relatives BUT they may not sympathise with her

3) call the police and they could maybe put her im some sort of shelter or half way house.

4) she could find her own place and live her life in peace.

5) erm wheres this boyfriend whose supposed to love her cant she live his family?

I would HIGHLY suggest she leave home.... that would be key first step.... after that... most'a wud be her dealin with her emotional scars and problems...

buh she won't be gettin any 'better' until she gets out of that abusive environment... otherwise i's only gonna get worse...

the beatings will lead to even more emotional scars.. and might lead her to do some DRASTIC tings...

Guest Akirtghan

i'm sure beatings are illegal grin.gif call the cops man !!! i think she's probly too concerned of her family's "status". bibia man, always looking out for their family. forget about causing harm to the family, you reap what you sow. CALL THE COPS

JustME, try not to get involved directly in this.

1) she could live with you for a while if thats possible

her family know who i am, mine is the 1st place they will come

2) she could live with some relatives BUT they may not sympathise with her

her relatives are NOT the sympathetic type

3) call the police and they could maybe put her im some sort of shelter or half way house.

she doesnt want the police involved bcos they will they will take one look at her and arrest the brothers and the matter will get worse and taken out of her hands and spiral out of control

4) she could find her own place and live her life in peace.

thats what she wants to do, but shes worried her folks will track her down, they are total psycos

5) erm wheres this boyfriend whose supposed to love her cant she live his family?

his parents are as bad as hers but i dont want to encourage her to run away with her boyfriend, only she can make that decision

im trying not to get directly involved but i cant ingore her cries for help............i told her she needs to save some money and then quietly leave.........i dont wanna get involved in the boyfriend situ but her safety is my MAIN and ONLY concern..................this has been going on for a year and a half...............

im so sad.......