Abused Friend In Need Of Help

JustME

regardless of wha the 'other side' of the story is.. that does NOT give her brothers and father and mother ANY RIGHT to abuse her emotionally and physically.....

when i'm saying find out both sides of the story, that also means mayb shes lieing about herself getting beat all the time or w/e.

people start acting/thinking out of their normal mind when there in tuff situatiuons so they might make stupid decisions etc....thats why im saying b open and listen to all sides....ppl cud make things up to make others feel sorry 4 them and wat not man...i dunno...ANYTHINGS POSSIBLE

take drastic actions after finding out what the whole story is about and not just half....or else u will help things get worse,

until then, keep her is a safe place

i'm just shooting out possibilities.

okay.. now i understand wha u were sayin.. sorry din kno exactly wha u were gettin at before...

personally... i wud'n at all be surprised if wha that girl said was tru.. we've seen it enuff in 'our community'...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

regardless of wha the 'other side' of the story is.. that does NOT give her brothers and father and mother ANY RIGHT to abuse her emotionally and physically.....

when i'm saying find out both sides of the story, that also means mayb shes lieing about herself getting beat all the time or w/e.

people start acting/thinking out of their normal mind when there in tuff situatiuons so they might make stupid decisions etc....thats why im saying b open and listen to all sides....ppl cud make things up to make others feel sorry 4 them and wat not man...i dunno...ANYTHINGS POSSIBLE

take drastic actions after finding out what the whole story is about and not just half....or else u will help things get worse,

until then, keep her is a safe place

i'm just shooting out possibilities.

okay.. now i understand wha u were sayin.. sorry din kno exactly wha u were gettin at before...

personally... i wud'n at all be surprised if wha that girl said was tru.. we've seen it enuff in 'our community'...

tru bro

the reason i pointed out this 'possibility' is bcuz its happend around me

I honestly think she should leave the house as soon as possible. I mean I just don't think if it's worth it and what honour does the family have if they abuse her like this?? To me they've got no honour what so ever!!

And its really sad to be reading all this I mean the family is sooo ignorant....sad really sad :sady:

Okay, well maybe I AM lookin at the cultural side of things and as u lot say it IS Seva BUT like bob marley (messin-dnt get moody) up there said 'her mate could be lieing' - thats not a personal comment so no one get offended? For me, I feel if you can't even keep your family values or beliefs in place, how can you even take the next step and keep any MORE IMPORTANT beliefs? You can't start outside until you start at home. Point is I believe that no one in their right mind goes about beatin anyone up or wuteva without reason? (No personal comment)

Say JustMe does take her friend in and does Seva etc. To her family JustMe will be 'stickin her nose in other peoples family business' - if her friend felt she was in MAJOR danger wouldn't she go to the police? If her reply to that is that she don't wanna bring her family any shame by puttin their name in the police book - well her family pretty much feel 'shamed' when she found herself a fella. (Again no personal attack)

All am sayin is, look at it from the familys view aswell not jus the girls view - no family likes a OUTSIDER stickin their nose in - obviously this is a serious issue - i get that - point is though if this was a crazy issue and her mate didnt wanna get her family embraassed etc well its on the internet anyway - and second JustMe isn't responsible for her mates or her mates families doings.

(Emotional people don't take my comments personally or offensively)

Fateh sangat jio ive read all the replys and thank ju

okay lets get afew things clear................i knw for a fact she isnt lying............shes got no reason to lie and the impression im getting is that shes stayed this long thinkning that in time her parents will forgive her and things would begin to return to normal.............but she got beat up by bros not two days ago and she realised that things are never gonna gt back to normal...........hence she has made the decision to leave for good now

However i feel she is still with this guy (who is same religion, same caste, educated, good family etc etc and the worst thing is the two family actually know each other............) the problem is she is a the only sister with THREE freak-like brothers...............i remember he last time i saw her was like 9 months ago and her brother was following us and she was making excuses and i didnt think at the time...............

So i assume that they will go together and i havent sed anything about this bcos im in no position to comment...............but she sed to me " my life cant be any worse than wot it is................she goes they goona kill me one day i just know it" so now she wants a future with this guy and from wot im hearing he has stuck by her through all this and he too wants to be with her.........

i dunno wot to say to her regarding this...........so far ive told her her safety is my main concern and she has to realy be sure that this guy is for real cos theres no going back once shes gone

Guest Akirtghan
so far ive told her her safety is my main concern and she has to realy be sure that this guy is for real cos theres no going back once shes gone
:TH:

to justME - le's say, hypothetically speakin, she DOES come stay with you... even if her parents find out.. wha can they do? they can't come after you.. and if they do, you call the cops.... how won't she be safe if she's stayin wit u?

to KKW - why would we nah get involved? our fellow sister is gettin abused, beatin and tortured at home... i's our DUTY as SIKHS to protect those who are in those situations... to help those in need... to stand by the side of our brothers and sisters and serve humanity in whatever way we can....

in the end it doesn't matter wha her family's side is... no matter what, they have absolutely NO RIGHT to abuse/beat/torture that girl...

that girl needs to realize that she has to get out... i dun understand why people care so much bout hurtin the 'honour' or 'feelings' of those who are physically and mentally abusing them on a daily/weekly basis... her brothers/father; whoever is abusing her, NEED to be taught a lesson....

shoot... send her to canada... i know several people in toronto who would not thinkin twice of givin her sheltor...

bottom line... GET HER OUT of that situation before it gets worse... i dun kno HOW much i can stress that... talk to her... get her to 'let go' of her family, at least for now... get her to 'see the picture'... and she needs to get her head straight, otherwise i's gonna end up gettin more battered by her so called 'family'....

Totally agree wiv Heera Singh...this situation is out of hand and it seems like its not goin 2 get better... she needs 2 get out of there, maybe then her family will realise how wrong what therye doing to her is!