Regarding B4nd4's Post

But it is okay we don't have too many kesdhari jatts though. You either follow sikhi 100% or you don't follow sikhi at all, which is a good thing because I usually find kesdharis ( and people who think they're right in middle of sikh path/community spiritually) to be bunch of hypocrites anyway. They're the reason why sikhs have such a bad image in this world. Every time you see a sardar drinking and/or committing other sins, what do non-sikhs would think about him/her and rest of Sikh community? People don't take monay seriously when comes to sikhi, so don't even point out about monay doing the same. Majority of amritdharis will never drink. So that leaves up to Keshdharis. So in the way, it is a good thing that we don’t have too many keshdharis.

OH LORD ohmy.gif , Punjabi Link, you wont beleieve me, butt.... I agree with you ohmy.gif

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wots with the term "moneh" i think it sounds so racist and rude.............. jamdoot.gif

where does it orgininate from and wot is the purpose of its use? it means nothing

ur are either a Sikh or NOT..................theis term is used to simply belittle people and i find it quite rude

:wub:

I am not sayin we should force sikhi on people bai.. ppl who come into sikhi are given a reason to come into sikhi.. all i am sayin is the youth in pinds hasn't got that reason. they are being fed all the garbage..and thts wht thy have become..and you very well know what happens with garbage.

Let me try n explain this in simple terms.. a donkey is born .. it stays wid the parents for a while..and thn it is taken to a place where there is no grass.. and he is given meat to eat... he will start eating meat..forgettin where is actually comes from and wht is originally was..rght? That is what is happening wid the youth in Punjab.. thy are systematically and cunningly being fed meat.. hope you can understadn what i am trying to say.

and...thats why we have KARAM and KIRPA for Guru ji! You you have had good karam and then blessed by Guru ji (KIRPA) then you are going to be in chardiyakala, also one has to make is karam in this life too.

wots with the term "moneh" i think it sounds so racist and rude.............. jamdoot.gif

where does it orgininate from and wot is the purpose of its use? it means nothing

ur are either a Sikh or NOT..................theis term is used to simply belittle people and i find it quite rude

:wub:

I was told that the origin of the term “mona” was given to a Sikh who had decided to cut their kes (hair) or not keep their kes. As the decision had been made not to keep the outer look of a Sikh as prescribed by Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj, they would not participate in any Sikh activities and keep themselves to themselves and hence would remain silent (Moan) on Sikh issues. Therefore loosely translated the term “mona” Sikh really means the silent Sikh.

Not sure how authentic the above is, just something I once heard from someone.

mona = someone who doesnt keep hair.

but the term is used in a derogatory manner these days.......i cant believe it growin up i have realised that there are so many divisions in our community..............but u have to admit that in our community sikhs who dont keep hair out number the ones who do keep hair...........so why do sikhs who dont keep hair get all upset when someone points to them that sikhs are meant to keep hair (not trying to offend here, sorry if i do, i just want to know what goes through your mind if someone says that to you and if you dont keep hair)......cos it happens to me when a sikh goes why do u keep hair and when they dont (i mean not because they dont get that your supposed to keep hair but because they are amazed that someone is keepin hair in todays society, their perception i mean).

fateh,

does it really matter as has been said above a non keshdhari sikh is the same as a mona nw if people use that term in a derogatory manner thats something they must look at but it is nt a derogatary term! i agree with supersingh, a mona maybe be a sikh(good deeeds, great person etc) but nt a part of the khalsa panth for the reason being that they choose the path they follow!

bhul chuk maf :wub:

Banda if you want to solve the issue you have to precisely establish exactly WHY JSMs are abandoning kesh so dramatically. I worked on building sites with firms who were mostly of this background (freshies) and I'm telling you over the last decade the amount of people coming from backhome with haircuts has increased bigtime! Today it is very rare to find a guy who keeps his hair but 15 years ago I would say that the majority of people from backhome would have kesh.

Blaming Bollywood alone seems superficial to me and it is strange that the offspring of those who defended Sikhism against all odds desert it in droves now.

One thing we have to look at is the love of money of people of this background. I think maybe they think that being Sikh is not profitable anymore and that being "modern" is, hence their lifestyles.

Another thing that is often not mentioned is attracting the opposite sex, especially outside of Punjab.