Am I the only one ?

Our mind and vikaars do not like us trying to wipe them out/clean. Because of this, during simran we are vulnerable to attack as they are all trying to stop us. Even bhoots/prets will choose that time to attack (because they are attracted to the simran).

Sometimes I have gotten bad/evil thoughts when around those gurmukh pyare who have helped bring me where I am today. My mind HATES them so much. It will try to convince me of all these horrible things.

But naam simran will wipe this out. Just do it with more vigor and the vikaari mind will realize it has no choice.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Bhai Vir singh jee wrote:

"man jaathaa hai tho jaanae day

asthhir rakh sareer"

if your mind goes let it go, but keep your body like a bow

in the next line he says:

(i forgot the punjabi)

without using the bow, how can the arrow hit the target ?

he means to say that our mind is bound to wander due to all of the images that have been exposed to us over the years (we are exposed to 3600 commercial images a day, and that's just commercial images - we might be exposed to 5000 more kaam/krodh/lobh/moh/ahankaar images too)

but our mind is going to wander - like the posts above said, let it wander - it cleans your system

but don't INDULGE the wandering - try to keep doing simran...

like when you go into the dirty attic... and you start doing the broom ... you'll have a lot of dust flying all over the place before the attic is clean... but the attic will only get cleaning if you keep brooming

another metaphor that veerjee SurreySingh (Bhupinder Singh) told me at the gurdwara. I cannot remember it very well - Veerjee could you please share it on this post?

thanks,

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

In rehraas sahib we read all the time that, "akhan jeevan, visary mar jaon, akhan aukha sacha nao"

So guru sahib says that it is hard to do naam jap.

Then guru sahib says that ," meray madho jee sat sangat milay so taraya" This means that only with sat sangat we can really begin to fight maya.

A lot of the ideas given above are good. A few pointers that I wanted to add.

If you are doing simran alone... it's good but much much more effective in sangat.

vikars will go and don't stress over them. We have so much gundh from so many previous lives but simran and bani are strong enough to wash it away pretty quickly and the washing of the gundh is directly proportional to how much you listen to simran and paath. I mean do it out loud and really focus on listening.

Sometimes we don't feel like doing paath (aside from nitnem ofcourse) so do mool mantar da paath. If you are with lots of people Singhs told me to scream the paath and simran in my head do it out loud in your mind and vikars and such things will go away.

Don't stop doing simran because otherwise how will your mind get clean. If you have a bowl of dirty water... when you begin to pour in clean water the dirty water will coming gushing out... our mind is like that.

rest guru sahib knows.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Great Response all of you!!

You were fighting with the mind,

You also thought that those thoughts were your own.

But after reading this posts ,you know that they are not!

Next time dont fight them, Just watch at the foolish mind trying to create it.

And it will go with Waheguru's kirpa ;)

Guest balwinderkaur
Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I know what you mean, I sit down for 10 mins and I start thinking about my fav tv shows. :( @ The best thing to do is to start doing simran out loud. :nihungsmile:

same problem here... tongue.gif;)

Our mind and vikaars do not like us trying to wipe them out/clean. Because of this, during simran we are vulnerable to attack as they are all trying to stop us. Even bhoots/prets will choose that time to attack (because they are attracted to the simran).

Sometimes I have gotten bad/evil thoughts when around those gurmukh pyare who have helped bring me where I am today. My mind HATES them so much. It will try to convince me of all these horrible things.

But naam simran will wipe this out. Just do it with more vigor and the vikaari mind will realize it has no choice.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

well said khalsajee same prob here too blush.gif