What Did Sikhs Believe In Before The Creation Of Sikhism?

jii

There were no Sikhs before Guru Nanak Saaheb. Just like there were no Christians before Christ or Buddhist before Buddha.

But Guru Naanak Saaheb has been here right since the beginning, and will always be here.

There always have been sikhs and there always will be.

Sikhs believe in Waheguru. Waheguru has always been here and so have the believers :lol: .

I agree. IMHO people like Bhagat Kabeer Ji were already Sikhs - their thinking was the same as Guru Saheb and had reached an extremely high avastha level. And through this it's possible that they had already met Guru Saheb before the light came here in the vessels of our Gurus.

you can argue it both ways..

Sikhism is quite literally what we call the group of beliefs, practises and concepts that we have. So you could apply the whole "____ existed before ___" thing to any religion technically

People are acknowledged as Sikhs due to the name of the religion (duh tongue.gif ), but obviously there musta been people who shared the same/similiar arguments as us

so reli a sikh is anyone who follows da suggestd lifesytle etc by the rehat maryada (cnt memba soz)

4 Sikhi 2 hav bn created, the ideas had 2 exist alredy,so i gues dat da answr

Everyone believed in religion rituals, worshipping idols, going to special pilgrimages for worship, putting their own religion higher than others.

Our Gurus invented sikhism and told us the importance of satguru, a living God on earth.

Sikh means a servant

Gursikh is servant of True Guru, ok where about does it say in SGGS ji that SGGS is the only satguru? you show me and i will give you my head. Our gurus didnt write SGGS ji so we start worshipping SGGS and reject other human satgurus. They wrote it so we can find the truth and importance of a living satguru.

Now if i tell you, You get mukti when you become God on earth, will you believe me?

You are liberated whilst alive, when you become a living God on earth. You've realised your true self, your ATMAN - Soul is your trueself. Your Soul is God. When You've realised that, you're God.

That is why we say God is in everyone because everyone is God. God is the disciple, God is the guru. So its all god, we shouldnt exist so lets kill yourself (as in ego) and become nothing. When we become nothing, God becomes everything.

Our gurus were here to make us like them. they wanted us to overcome panj chor, desires, ahankaar and realise God and become gurmukhs too. that is why guru gobind singh ji said khalsa is my roop, i meditate on khalsa. Khalsa is the enlightened one, like guru gobind singh ji was. A spirtitually blind cannot be a khalsa. Now God inside me has told has just told you the truth. Now if you want to believe him or not its upto you. God works in mysterious ways. GOD is doer of everything, nothing happens because of us.

Also, God name is Satnaam. not Vaheguroo

Vaheguroo unites us with him. that is why we call him "VAHEGUROOO" wonderful "GU" "RU" who has dispelled the darkness of our mind and showed us LIGHT "SATNAAM - GOD"

so next time you sit to do simran, do satnaam vaheguroo instead of vaheguroo on its own. its good for you, i wont get nothing out of it:D

thanks

dust of your feet

ok i've just about had enough of your naamdhari propaganda. so i'll reply with GURBANI this time.

Our Gurus invented sikhism and told us the importance of satguru, a living God on earth.
how many times do i need to tell you, god doesn't live or die :lol:

so muKu jlau ijqu khih Twkuru jonI ]3]

so mukh jalo jith kehehi t(h)aakur jonee ||3||

Let that mouth be burnt, which says that our Lord and Master is subject to birth. ||3||

ok where about does it say in SGGS ji that SGGS is the only satguru? you show me and i will give you my head. Our gurus didnt write SGGS ji so we start worshipping SGGS and reject other human satgurus. They wrote it so we can find the truth and importance of a living satguru.

pUrw siqgur Awp n AlK lKwveI]

pooraa sathigur aap n alakh lakhaavee||

Lord Himself is the true Guru who is imperceptible.

===========================================

poQI prmysr kw Qwnu ]

pothhee paramaesar kaa thhaan ||

This Holy Book is the home of the Transcendent Lord God.

swDsMig gwvih gux goibMd pUrn bRhm igAwnu ]1] rhwau ]

saadhhasa(n)g gaavehi gun gobi(n)dh pooran breham giaan ||1|| rehaao ||

Whoever sings the Glorious Praises of the Lord of the Universe in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, has the perfect knowledge of God. ||1||Pause||

=================================

bwxI gurU gurU hY bwxI ivic bwxI AMimRqu swry ]

baanee guroo guroo hai baanee vich baanee a(n)mrith saarae ||

The Word, the Bani is Guru, and Guru is the Bani. Within the Bani, the Ambrosial Nectar is contained.

guru bwxI khY syvku jnu mwnY prqiK gurU insqwry ]5]

gur baanee kehai saevak jan maanai parathakh guroo nisathaarae ||5||

If His humble servant believes, and acts according to the Words of the Guru's Bani, then the Guru, in person, emancipates him. ||5||

Also, God name is Satnaam. not Vaheguroo

Vaheguroo unites us with him. that is why we call him "VAHEGUROOO" wonderful "GU" "RU" who has dispelled the darkness of our mind and showed us LIGHT "SATNAAM - GOD"

so next time you sit to do simran, do satnaam vaheguroo instead of vaheguroo on its own. its good for you, i wont get nothing out of it:D

I would take bhai gurdaas ji's word over yours any day. waheguru is GURMANTR, i say again, gurMANTR, a mantr is meant to be repeated. either waheguru or satnaam vaheguru can be recited. since when did you become the authority on gurbani?

vwihgurU gurU mMqR hY jp haumYN KoeI]

vaahiguroo guroo ma(n)thr hai jap houmai(n) khoee||

His Guru-manta is Vahiguru, whose recitation erases egotism.

i'm waiting for round # 2. lets go :)