80,000 Extra Maharajh Saroops To Be Printed Per Year!

AK-47

80,000 I don't even think we have near enough 80,000 Gurdwareh on Earth!

Guru Granth Sahib I personally believe should only be kept in Gurdwareh where I believe saropps are given full satkar,not in houses,we are not worthy enough to have saroops within our house.If we do we should treat the house like we treat the Gurdwara and act in that manner.

Sorry to say but with this many saroops,and no one knows where they are goin ,be ready for more beadbi to Guru Granth Sahib by massands.

On a slightly off-topic question...

The respect, love, satkar we show Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is essentially for the Shabad Guru.

For example, we make sure we're washed, head covered, correctly seated and so forth, but how many of us do all these things when accesssing the Shabad from our PC's, or PDA's?

I, in my younger age have been guilty of accessing Sikhitothemax without being properly seated, i.e. laptop in my lap, and so forth.

This is in no way having a go at the Sewadars who did such a huge sewa with sites like SikhitoTheMax, but do you think there should be a warning before u access it? A warning screen to recommend basic respect, e.g. head covered, socks removed, washed, etc before accessing the Shabab Guru on our PDA's, laptops, and PCs?

Also keeping the Shabad Guru on memory Chips?

your views please...

This is HORRIBLE news! The Panth needs to get together and do something about this. I wonder if the R4G campaign knows about this. The SGPC is simply milking money by doing this - they clearly don't care about the likely beadbi of thousands of saroops. There are so many people that do major Beadbi to Guru Sahib's Suroops, even keeping alcohol and meat in the same place, not putting Maharaj on a proper Manji, not following proper maryada or even washing their hands properly! This is a slap in the face for Sikhs, that we're letting this happen.

Please circulate this through e-mail everyone, maybe if awareness spreads, something can get done.

well 80,0000 saroops?? wonderful,

i guess we should all start learning on the rehit and procedures of keeping saroop of maharaj in our homes , gurudwaras, and how to do propa satkar, and if you already know, lets start having classes or people teaching those who dont know, so that sikhs can live in bliss and read more and more gurbani and have no excuses of reading bani.....................

the time has come to read . learn. and understand Gurbani, in this age sikhi will flourish and so we need these Saroops, many sikhs are to come , and those who are here need to learn the rehit .............. otherwise we will come and go complaining and burning in our own hell.

I think saroops of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji should be hand written to end all of this printing press stuff. When I see a handwritten saroop of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji (mostly in pictures), a reflection of the great dedication of past Sikhs becomes so real and present, its such an inspiration.

Another thing is that, in wider perspective, a printed press copy of Sri Guru Granth Sahib in a certain sense "loses it sacredness" to a lot of people in our Kaum, especially our Youth, who begin to see a saroop of Guru Ji simply "as book of scriptures" that is mass produced, sold and "replaceable".

Maybe if the saroops of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji were hand written by Gursikhs, then maybe our Kaum would realize the true value of Gurbani, that it isn't merely ink on paper but something the is so, so, so PURE!!

As for the SGPC

www.sgpc.net

info@sgpc.net