Which Should Be The Bigger Issue

sikh_youth_uk

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fateh ji

I think that both are of an equal importance, although i k2k issue is a issue which is in need of urgent attention between the sikhi community. Being a sikh girl, i have a cvertain opinion which sum penjis/paarjis might not agree with but i think that girls need to have more interest in sikhi and learning about our history. If this happened then maybe k2k wudnt be happing as much.

VGKK VGKF

honestly, I live in the U.S and have rarely heard of conversion problems. I understand its a big issue in the U.K though. But to worry about Khalistan? Nothing is going to happen when people talk about khalistan out side of punjab. If something needs to get done, singhs need to go do in punjab. Holding rallies and all that will get nothing. Khalistan is a huge huge delimma, and its going to be hard as heck. But that time will come with kirpa of guru maharaj, we all need to prepare ourselves for that time. Listen to katha, read banis and take amrit. Our time will come.....

I personally think both are futile topics.....................forget khalistan..............wot about "Khalsa Raj"?

Kalistan and Khalsa Raj are too very different things and when the two things get mish-mashed together......the outcome is the present state it is in now.................

the k2k issues again when looked deeply into it............is Hukam.................all we can do as sikhs is to spread gurbani and the Word of the Shabd in its purest and most beautiful form................i find forcing sikhi down someones throat is not different to the forced convestions to Islam...............

How to tackle this................think what made u come to sikhi, especially if u came from a non-sikhi background................that difining moment where u gave ur head to Guru Jee...............that was forced but guru guided you......and as a guru ka sikh all we cando is spread the same love we felt and are still feeling on our journey in sikhi.................Love in its purest form will show the youth of today what a valuable Heera waheguru has blessed us with.................Love for sikhi and showing ur love for sikhi in every action u take on a day-to-day basis....................the division of youth with amritdharis and non-amritdharis is also worrying........with wahegurus kirpa i have just as many non-amritdhari aquantences as i do amritdhari aquantanies..........there is no different its just everyone is at different levels with sikhi and faith all together...................that does NOT make anyone any better or any less.............we see waheguru's roop in all and people will begin to see waheguru in themselves and thats, u could say where the journey truly begins...............

sorry for the rant and bhul chuck maafi sangat jio

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

khalistan is an issue relating to all sikhs. kaur to khan is only specific to England.

Canada, America, and every other civilized nation doesn't have this problem. England has always been a pretty weird place with some crazy islamic fundamentalist issues, that nonsense doesn't fly in america and canada.

so all you british folks need to handle your own. and everyone else will concentrate on making our house, khalistan.

peace.

Without Kaurs there is no Khalistan!

if we focus on our own sikhi first, only then can we be fit enough to mentor others. if we are weaklings in our own Sikhi then there's no chance of promoting any Sikh values to any Kaur or Singh.

get back to basics and sort our own jevans out first. practice what we preach before we worry about khalistan or k2k. without Sikhi we are dead meat anyway, we have no chance of any fateh!

khalistan isn't an issue relating to all sikhs.... in fact, in my experience, its nah really an issue for most sikhs...

it aint an issue relating to me, either...

I personally think both are futile topics.....................forget khalistan..............wot about "Khalsa Raj"?

Interesting.

As someone who does believe that Khalistan is an issue, I would say that for most of us with this mindset, the number 1 priority for the reason we make our noise and protests etc, is not for a piece of land but for justice. Justice for those who were, murdered, burnt, raped, humiliated and anhialated.

The khalistan movement for most of us is not country related, its about fighting back in whichever way, large or small, violent or peaceful, but fighting all the same against a system which refuses sikhs their fundamental rights of safety against their own country's security forces and the right to fair trial and a fair justice system. Its about not giving up no matter how much time passes by, its about trying to live up to the ideals of a true Sikh. Such as one who feels the dhardh in his heart at the thought of maharajh being burnt in the streets of delhi and punjab.

For those of you who say that Khalistan has no interest to you, well fine thats your position. My own position is with those maha-veer's who took on impossible odds for the sake of sikhi aan and shaan. My position is with those who suffered severe torture and painful death. I do not stand with corrupt politicians, i do not stand with those who abused the movement for political or financial gain, i do not stand by those who used the movement as an excuse to commit thier own atrocities. But i stand by the true gursikhs who lived upto the words of Sant Jarnail Singh Ji who said, 'the day the indian armies attack sri darbar sahib, that day the foundation stone for khalistan will be laid'. I stand with those singhs who tried to build a nation using their own bodies and blood as the building blocks.

Whether to believe khalistan to be an issue or not, the human rights abuses inflicted there remain the current largest human problem we have.

Ask any sikh family be they amrthari orthadox causual or whatever, ask would you rather have khalistan or your daughter or sister become a muslmani, i think they would rather have thier daughters.

Lets re-phrase this ridiculous question. Would you rather have your daughter convert, or would you rather see your daughter raped in front of your eyes by the police, your husband set on fire and your whole life go up in flames (as experienced by thousands of sikhs during our life times)?

Both problems need dealing with, but lets not kid ourselves that the punjab problem is finished. The only thing that seems to have finished, is our stamina to last the fight.

May maharajh bless his sikhs in whatever seva they are doing for the panth, it all counts and it is all important.

botha are important. but khalistan will happen for the sikhs. according to united nations punjab will be a dessert in 2019, leaving people without food, water etc. so a push for khalistan will happen really soon.

k2k is getting bigger all the time either that or people are getting more aware of it. its not through lack of education because in birmingham not too long back an amrithari girl got harrassed, threated, kidnapped in order to convert her. what needs to be done is alot more than what we are doing now. if you know any stuff like this going on you have to make people(like on this forum) aware so that they can do something.

khalistan isn't an issue relating to all sikhs.... in fact, in my experience, its nah really an issue for most sikhs...

it aint an issue relating to me, either...

our efforts should be used for doing some positive parchar in our community, and doing seva for all those around us...

Khalistan is not an issue relating to Sikhs? Sarbat Khalsa of 1986 says otherwise!