Polo

sikh_youth_uk

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wjkkwjkp!

It is a BUJHAR KUREHAT for a Sikh to eat anything which is halal - regardless if it is halal meat or not. Anything that has the Kalma recited over it becomes "Halal" and this is a Bujhar Kurehat. Be careful of what you eat!!

wjkkwjkp!

Bajjar kurehit is for Halal meat (or any meat depending on what your Panj Pyaare told you). Halal in the Islamic sense also means something thats ok for Muslims to eat. Even in Punjabi we are to earn "halal di kamaaee", meaning hard earned and honest money. Please don't misunderstand the term Halal as only meat. In Dubai I have seen biscuits made in India that have the green dot on them (100% vegetarian), and a small label next to it saying Halal. I am dead sure that in India no one recites the Kalma while making these biscuits.

Guest peacemaker
Not Really becoz its not just the meat, its the prayer. Sikhs don't believe in the rituals that the food undergoes because you can't really make the food holier. Food is food- (unless it's M&S food but that's beside the point.)

Oh, so now it's the prayer. So what do sikhs say about Kosher food then? A Rabbi also does a prayer when preparing the food. Should we eat it?

Not Really becoz its not just the meat, its the prayer. Sikhs don't believe in the rituals that the food undergoes because you can't really make the food holier. Food is food- (unless it's M&S food but that's beside the point.)

So what about Sikhs who recite japji sahib over food or even when degh is prepared, isnt Japji Sahib recited? Is that a pointless ritual?

I wish akj_4eva_akj made a post here and expressed his views. I really want him to post :lol: . Love his posts.

hahaha

if you insist

the best thing is to prepare your own food, and do naam simran, gurbani abyaas whilst doing this

i dont think that by a muslim doing prayers over food and you consuming it, will make it a bujjar kurehit.

and as for the polo business, just have food that you prepare yourself, not sweets/chocolates etc.