Two Types Of Ego (pure And Impure)

Akaali

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
If what akj_4eva_akj said is true, then is there a way to eridate the 5 vikaar altogether? If not, how does one become jeevan mukt? I hope akj or someone can answer that.

fateh ji,

in this tan (body) we have rachaaed in ourselves, the panj chor. god has rachaaed these in us.(is it ever a wander that how we have moved from sat jug through to kal jug! we are our own undooing!! and we will be our own undooing if we dont control these 5 evils.. the key words being 'if' and 'control'.) from a bachan from the late mahapursh, bhai sahib bhai norang singh ji (gnnsj uk) they said that these 5 chor 'banke rakhna'. i.e. to keep under wraps. we can stop doing nindia and chugali and the rest but these 5 can only be kept under wraps. the last chor (ahankaar) is the worst as it can come in the other 4.

these panj takats of evil can not be eradicated untill we die and shed this form.

i hope iv answered your q..

pul chuk kima.

If what akj_4eva_akj said is true, then is there a way to eridate the 5 vikaar altogether? If not, how does one become jeevan mukt? I hope akj or someone can answer that.

fateh ji,

in this tan (body) we have rachaaed in ourselves, the panj chor. god has rachaaed these in us.(is it ever a wander that how we have moved from sat jug through to kal jug! we are our own undooing!! and we will be our own undooing if we dont control these 5 evils.. the key words being 'if' and 'control'.) from a bachan from the late mahapursh, bhai sahib bhai norang singh ji (gnnsj uk) they said that these 5 chor 'banke rakhna'. i.e. to keep under wraps. we can stop doing nindia and chugali and the rest but these 5 can only be kept under wraps. the last chor (ahankaar) is the worst as it can come in the other 4.

these panj takats of evil can not be eradicated untill we die and shed this form.

i hope iv answered your q..

pul chuk kima.

I have not followed the thread in full but have gone thru. the latest two posts about five chors. Yes, we all have these five evils. Gurbani advises us to get over this. If we really want to control over it we should stop to exist. As we are living in a society and that has its norms there would always be a situation that there would be a clash of our ideas and the society.It will bring a krodh into action.Krodh will give rise to hope and desire. That is again not required. Hope and desires are said to be the result of one of these five chors. In nut shell if we have to live in society and carry on with the family life one cannot do it in the manner gurbani tells.

The basic question that arises as to why the God has given us these five choors to us. What is the ppurpse? If we understand the purpose we can then think to what extent should we control these chors.

I can write more but would like to see if you want to include me in the discussion.

Regards to all.

• 2 weeks later...
The basic question that arises as to why the God has given us these five choors to us. What is the ppurpse? If we understand the purpose we can then think to what extent should we control these chors.

I can write more but would like to see if you want to include me in the discussion.

You don't need to be invited to discuss gurbani on this forum :D

From my little understanding. I feel these 5 chor distract us from naam. Without these five chor, I don't think we would be living in kaljug. I think God gave us the 5 chor to make his game more interesting by making maya more appealing. They blind us from seeing Guru Ji and the value of naam. Only destined by their previous karma will get the tools to fight the chor and the motivation to fight them.

What do you think the purpose of the 5 chor are, veerji?