Next Amrit Sanchar- London

Guest pyaas

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

akj_4eva_akj,

your comments are fair and understandable. We are all likely to be influenced by what people say around you and thus make assumptions based on that.

i don't believe there is an elitist jatha out there and my interaction with various sikhs around the world has made me realise that. People who focus on slogans like the jatha_4eva, in my view detach themselves from the panth anyway and have a confused elitist thinking.

What is truly forever is the khalsa panth. The panthic decisions are made by concensus by the sarbat khalsa, which includes everyone. Jathas, groups, cults, dals etc can come and go, they are not eternal but just temporary for the indvidual who refuses to see the bigger picture.

for those who have said it doesnt matter who organises the amrit sanchar (singh bling, k_z), be honest now, if the day before you took amrit, there was an amrit sanchar organised by akj, would you have taken amrit?

the answer is so obviously no. your views reflect the views of damdami taksal jatha therefore why would you take amrit where the rehit given opposes your views.

there have been posts before asking for an amrit sanchar organised by taksal, may i ask where was khalistan zindabad ans singh bling then? why didnt you two tell the person not to bother about jatha then?

if someone wishes to take amrit where the rehit is followed that they belive to be the true rehit, what is wrong with that? if someone wishes to be taught how to jap naam swaas swaas what is wrong with that?

and to khalistan zindabad, i know you didnt state which jatha were oragnising the amrit sanchar this saturday, but it isnt akj, like the original post asked for.

the view of "lets take amrit anywhere" doesnt seem like a wise one to me. some panj say you only have 2 do 3 baniaa for nitnem, some say you can wear jewelry, some say you can eat meat if its not halal.

you should take amrit where the rehit given is correct and the panj pyare have a lot of kamaee.

waiting for an amrit sanchar where you belive the correct rehit is given is better than rushing into an amrit sanchar where a rehit that you dont follow is given.

for example, if i have done my research and came up with the conclusion that keski is the 5th kakaar, why would i take amrit at an amrit sanchar where the panj are saying that kes is the 5th kakaar?

what is the problem if someone wants to take amrit where they belive guru gobind singh jees rehit is strictly abided by?

yes your view might be "naam drir is given at every amrit sanchar" that doesnt make your view correct

the majority of ppl who think its wrong to amrit from an akj orgniased amrit sanchaar have negative feeling towards akj in the first place.

Spot on you should only take amrit from somewhere where you agree with rehit being given. If this means waiting a few months then so be it.

for those who have said it doesnt matter who organises the amrit sanchar (singh bling, k_z), be honest now, if the day before you took amrit, there was an amrit sanchar organised by akj, would you have taken amrit?

the answer is so obviously no. your views reflect the views of damdami taksal jatha therefore why would you take amrit where the rehit given opposes your views.

there have been posts before asking for an amrit sanchar organised by taksal, may i ask where was khalistan zindabad ans singh bling then? why didnt you two tell the person not to bother about jatha then?

if someone wishes to take amrit where the rehit is followed that they belive to be the true rehit, what is wrong with that? if someone wishes to be taught how to jap naam swaas swaas what is wrong with that?

and to khalistan zindabad, i know you didnt state which jatha were oragnising the amrit sanchar this saturday, but it isnt akj, like the original post asked for.

the view of "lets take amrit anywhere" doesnt seem like a wise one to me. some panj say you only have 2 do 3 baniaa for nitnem, some say you can wear jewelry, some say you can eat meat if its not halal.

you should take amrit where the rehit given is correct and the panj pyare have a lot of kamaee.

waiting for an amrit sanchar where you belive the correct rehit is given is better than rushing into an amrit sanchar where a rehit that you dont follow is given.

for example, if i have done my research and came up with the conclusion that keski is the 5th kakaar, why would i take amrit at an amrit sanchar where the panj are saying that kes is the 5th kakaar?

what is the problem if someone wants to take amrit where they belive guru gobind singh jees rehit is strictly abided by?

yes your view might be "naam drir is given at every amrit sanchar" that doesnt make your view correct

the majority of ppl who think its wrong to amrit from an akj orgniased amrit sanchaar have negative feeling towards akj in the first place.

Spot on you should only take amrit from somewhere where you agree with rehit being given. If this means waiting a few months then so be it.

And further dis-unite ourselves by highlighting there are differences. When will it end then because everytime there’s a difference in viewpoint all of a sudden that amrit becomes void and another becomes superior. This is a dangerous attitude to have and will always keep people apart.

What’s the issues keski v kes? Well if we all believe in sabat soorat than that’s a non-issue. Or is it nam dirdh? Isn’t naam given by Punj anyway. Is it the technique of naam simran? But doesn’t that come to us all in the end anyway, if we continuously recite simran the swas swas simran starts anyway. Is it meat v non meat? Well eventually once we reach a certain point in our avastas all automatically give up eating meat (I learnt this of a nihang singh).

At the end of the day it the same banis recited with the same water and same patasas and same khanda to produce the same amrit. The question is not the jeevan of those Punj or that Jatha but OUR jeevan, don’t forget amrit is still the beginning we have a whole life ahead of us. One can sit in the company of the greatest Gursikhs yet still not implement any sikhi in to their jevaans.

I STARTED THIS TOPIC AND OMG THIS HAS GONE ON LONG ENOUGH, im not even sure if im ready to ask for it yet!!!, thats why i posted gupt!!

I POSTED A RESPONSE BUT MODS HAVENT POSTED IT UP YET SO I WILL POST LOGGED IN NOW.

FIRSTLY, KINDLY RE-READ MY FIRST POST- I ASKED FOR NO DEBATES AND A SIMPLE ANSWER.

Now, secondly, I'm not disputing the Panj Pyare giving amrit, thats what I said, however I want to ask for amrit, where the rehit that I believe is true is being given, now is there a problem with that?

Right now the only amrit sanchaars giving amrit where keski is a kakkar (among a few other things), have the name of "AKJ", IF THE REST OF THE PANTH BELIEVED THE SAME THING, THEN IT WOULDNT MATTER WHERE I ASKED FOR AMRIT, but thats not the case so what can I do?

Now i want to ask you guys a question (those who are saying it doesnt matter),

would you take amrit at a place where somethign other than Kes was being given as a kakkar?

The only difference here is that all other organisations in the Panth give kes as a kakkar, so you dont have to worry about specifically where to go.

I HOPE YOU ALL UNDERSTAND WHAT IM SAYING, NOW JAP VAHEGUROO AND SMILE :s

I LOVE TAKSAL

I LOVE AKJ

I LOVE ALL JATHAS

I LOVE THE PANTH

I LOVE GUROO JI

most importantly

I want to say that I didnt want to offend anyone with this topic. If i have made mistakes (and I have) then Dharam raaj will most definetly punish me. I love you all my high Gursikhs, and I hope you can show me some forgiveness and pray to Guroo Sahib to give me mat to be like you all

VahegurooJiKaKhalsaVahegurooJiKiFateh

ਰਾਗੁ ਸੂਹੀ ਛੰਤ ਮਹਲਾ ੪ ਘਰੁ ੩

Rāg sūhī cẖẖanṯ mehlā 4 gẖar 3

Raag Soohee, Chhant, Fourth Mehl, Third House:

ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥

Ik­oaʼnkār saṯgur parsāḏ.

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

ਆਵਹੋ ਸੰਤ ਜਨਹੁ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਵਹ ਗੋਵਿੰਦ ਕੇਰੇ ਰਾਮ ॥

Āvho sanṯ janhu guṇ gāvah govinḏ kėrė rām.

Come, humble Saints, and sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord of the Universe.

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਮਿਲਿ ਰਹੀਐ ਘਰਿ ਵਾਜਹਿ ਸਬਦ ਘਨੇਰੇ ਰਾਮ ॥

Gurmukẖ mil rahī­ai gẖar vājeh sabaḏ gẖanėrė rām.

Let us gather together as Gurmukh; within the home of our own heart, the Shabad vibrates and resonates.

ਸਬਦ ਘਨੇਰੇ ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਤੇਰੇ ਤੂ ਕਰਤਾ ਸਭ ਥਾਈ ॥

Sabaḏ gẖanėrė har parabẖ ṯėrė ṯū karṯā sabẖ thā­ī.

The many melodies of the Shabad are Yours, O Lord God; O Creator Lord, You are everywhere.

ਅਹਿਨਿਸਿ ਜਪੀ ਸਦਾ ਸਾਲਾਹੀ ਸਾਚ ਸਬਦਿ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਈ ॥

Ahinis japī saḏā sālāhī sācẖ sabaḏ liv lā­ī.

Day and night, I chant His Praises forever, lovingly focusing on the True Word of the Shabad.

ਅਨਦਿਨੁ ਸਹਜਿ ਰਹੈ ਰੰਗਿ ਰਾਤਾ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮੁ ਰਿਦ ਪੂਜਾ ॥

An­ḏin sahj rahai rang rāṯā rām nām riḏ pūjā.

Night and day, I remain intuitively attuned to the Lord's Love; in my heart, I worship the Lord's Name.

ਨਾਨਕ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਏਕੁ ਪਛਾਣੈ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਜਾਣੈ ਦੂਜਾ ॥੧॥

Nānak gurmukẖ ėk pacẖẖāṇai avar na jāṇai ḏūjā. ||1||

O Nanak, as Gurmukh, I have realized the One Lord; I do not know any other. ||1||

ਸਭ ਮਹਿ ਰਵਿ ਰਹਿਆ ਸੋ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਅੰਤਰਜਾਮੀ ਰਾਮ ॥

Sabẖ meh rav rahi­ā so parabẖ anṯarjāmī rām.

He is contained amongst all; He is God, the Inner-knower, the Searcher of hearts.

ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦਿ ਰਵੈ ਰਵਿ ਰਹਿਆ ਸੋ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਮੇਰਾ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਰਾਮ ॥

Gur sabaḏ ravai rav rahi­ā so parabẖ mėrā su­āmī rām.

One who meditates and dwells upon God, through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, knows that God, my Lord and Master, is pervading everywhere.

ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਮੇਰਾ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਅੰਤਰਜਾਮੀ ਘਟਿ ਘਟਿ ਰਵਿਆ ਸੋਈ ॥

Parabẖ mėrā su­āmī anṯarjāmī gẖat gẖat ravi­ā so­ī.

God, my Lord and Master, is the Inner-knower, the Searcher of hearts; He pervades and permeates each and every heart.

ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਸਚੁ ਪਾਈਐ ਸਹਜਿ ਸਮਾਈਐ ਤਿਸੁ ਬਿਨੁ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਕੋਈ ॥

Gurmaṯ sacẖ pā­ī­ai sahj samā­ī­ai ṯis bin avar na ko­ī.

Through the Guru's Teachings, Truth is obtained, and then, one merges in celestial bliss. There is no other than Him.

ਸਹਜੇ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਵਾ ਜੇ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਭਾਵਾ ਆਪੇ ਲਏ ਮਿਲਾਏ ॥

Sehjė guṇ gāvā jė parabẖ bẖāvā āpė la­ė milā­ė.

I sing His Praises with intuitive ease. If it pleases God, He shall unite me with Himself.

ਨਾਨਕ ਸੋ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਸਬਦੇ ਜਾਪੈ ਅਹਿਨਿਸਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਏ ॥੨॥

Nānak so parabẖ sabḏė jāpai ahinis nām ḏẖi­ā­ė. ||2||

O Nanak, through the Shabad, God is known; meditate on the Naam, day and night. ||2||

ਇਹੁ ਜਗੋ ਦੁਤਰੁ ਮਨਮੁਖੁ ਪਾਰਿ ਨ ਪਾਈ ਰਾਮ ॥

Ih jago ḏuṯar manmukẖ pār na pā­ī rām.

This world is treacherous and impassable; the self-willed manmukh cannot cross over.

ਅੰਤਰੇ ਹਉਮੈ ਮਮਤਾ ਕਾਮੁ ਕ੍ਰੋਧੁ ਚਤੁਰਾਈ ਰਾਮ ॥

Anṯrė ha­umai mamṯā kām kroḏẖ cẖaṯurā­ī rām.

Within him is egotism, self-conceit, sexual desire, anger and cleverness.

ਅੰਤਰਿ ਚਤੁਰਾਈ ਥਾਇ ਨ ਪਾਈ ਬਿਰਥਾ ਜਨਮੁ ਗਵਾਇਆ ॥

Anṯar cẖaṯurā­ī thā­ė na pā­ī birthā janam gavā­i­ā.

Within him is cleverness; he is not approved, and his life is uselessly wasted and lost.

ਜਮ ਮਗਿ ਦੁਖੁ ਪਾਵੈ ਚੋਟਾ ਖਾਵੈ ਅੰਤਿ ਗਇਆ ਪਛੁਤਾਇਆ ॥

Jam mag ḏukẖ pāvai cẖotā kẖāvai anṯ ga­i­ā pacẖẖuṯā­i­ā.

On the Path of Death, he suffers in pain, and must endure abuse; in the end, he departs regretfully.

ਬਿਨੁ ਨਾਵੈ ਕੋ ਬੇਲੀ ਨਾਹੀ ਪੁਤੁ ਕੁਟੰਬੁ ਸੁਤੁ ਭਾਈ ॥

Bin nāvai ko bėlī nāhī puṯ kutamb suṯ bẖā­ī.

Without the Name, he has no friends, no children, family or relatives.

ਨਾਨਕ ਮਾਇਆ ਮੋਹੁ ਪਸਾਰਾ ਆਗੈ ਸਾਥਿ ਨ ਜਾਈ ॥੩॥

Nānak mā­i­ā moh pasārā āgai sāth na jā­ī. ||3||

O Nanak, the wealth of Maya, attachment and ostentatious shows - none of them shall go along with him to the world hereafter. ||3||

ਹਉ ਪੂਛਉ ਅਪਨਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਦਾਤਾ ਕਿਨ ਬਿਧਿ ਦੁਤਰੁ ਤਰੀਐ ਰਾਮ ॥

Ha­o pūcẖẖa­o apnā saṯgur ḏāṯā kin biḏẖ ḏuṯar ṯarī­ai rām.

I ask my True Guru, the Giver, how to cross over the treacherous and difficult world-ocean.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਭਾਇ ਚਲਹੁ ਜੀਵਤਿਆ ਇਵ ਮਰੀਐ ਰਾਮ ॥

Saṯgur bẖā­ė cẖalhu jīvṯi­ā iv marī­ai rām.

Walk in harmony with the True Guru's Will, and remain dead while yet alive.

ਜੀਵਤਿਆ ਮਰੀਐ ਭਉਜਲੁ ਤਰੀਐ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਨਾਮਿ ਸਮਾਵੈ ॥

Jīvṯi­ā marī­ai bẖa­ojal ṯarī­ai gurmukẖ nām samāvai.

Remaining dead while yet alive, cross over the terrifying world-ocean; as Gurmukh, merge in the Naam.

ਪੂਰਾ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਵਡਭਾਗੀ ਸਚਿ ਨਾਮਿ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਵੈ ॥

Pūrā purakẖ pā­i­ā vadbẖāgī sacẖ nām liv lāvai.

One obtains the Perfect Primal Lord, by great good fortune, lovingly focusing on the True Name.

ਮਤਿ ਪਰਗਾਸੁ ਭਈ ਮਨੁ ਮਾਨਿਆ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮਿ ਵਡਿਆਈ ॥

Maṯ pargās bẖa­ī man māni­ā rām nām vadi­ā­ī.

The intellect is enlightened, and the mind is satisfied, through the glory of the Lord's Name.

ਨਾਨਕ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਸਬਦਿ ਮਿਲਾਇਆ ਜੋਤੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਮਿਲਾਈ ॥੪॥੧॥੪॥

Nānak parabẖ pā­i­ā sabaḏ milā­i­ā joṯī joṯ milā­ī. ||4||1||4||

O Nanak, God is found, merging in the Shabad, and one's light blends into the Light. ||4||1||4||

waiting few months shouldnt be a problem, yes you could die tomorrow, but then you could die tonight so go organise a amrit sanchar now. alot of gurmukhs have said you should prepare properly for taking amrit, so use any time you have to familiarise yourself with the rehits and nitnem etc. yep you shouldnt wait too long, but then you shouldnt rush in to it.

its got to the point where people are calling their own brothers idiots. "true lion of punjab" why should anyone have to listen to what you have to say now, youve just blatently discredited yourself. it just shows how much disrespect you have for other gursikhs. infact what you said amounts to nindia.

for those attacking people who go pesh at akj: its the abhlaakis decision, if they want to pesh let them. we should ask them after what they got from it. if they feel they received something from it and if they feel their jeevan is better off now then who are we to say its wrong for them to pesh.

das has spoken to people who have been pesh and they only had positive comments. so who are we to say "ohhh nah you shouldnt have gone etc etc".

>gunge ki mitiaaee

maybe there is nothing to be gained from going pesh, but maybe there is, what do we know? only those who have been know. and if we are going to insult them for doing it then thats wrong because they're jeevan may have improved because of it, point is only they know!

amrit sanchar should be judged on amount of rehit given and implemented. an abhlaaki who doesnt believe in eating meat wouldnt go to amrit sanchar where so called punj pyaareh actively partake in this. if your so called punj are commiting kurehits like adultery/smoking, thenthey fail to be singhs and the amrit fails to be amrit.

we have to be very careful, alot of dhills are coming in to our amrit sanchars. this is one seva that has to be done properly with upmost rehit and discipline. if a group of gursikhs whether it be akj or whoever is striving to keep this discipline then we shouldnt insult them for it.

if the jatha we associate with is committing a dhill we shouldnt be afraid to try and make a change, but our affiliations are soo tight that we see guru gobind singhs rehit diluted and diluted and we think its ok because thats how the jatha does it.

just my two cents worth

bhull chuk maaf karna

PLEASE ALL OF YOU, GURMUKHS, PLEASE DONT TAKE PAAP ON YOUR HEAD BECAUSE OF ME

IM SORRY, IM SORRY, IM SORRY, IM WRONG, FORGIVE ME.

I dont even know if im going to ask for amrit yet, thats the reason i posted gupt originally.

ਕਾਨੜਾ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥

Kānṛā mehlā 5.

Kaanraa, Fifth Mehl:

ਕਰਤ ਕਰਤ ਚਰਚ ਚਰਚ ਚਰਚਰੀ ॥

Karaṯ karaṯ cẖaracẖ cẖaracẖ cẖarcẖarī.

The debaters debate and argue their arguments.

ਜੋਗ ਧਿਆਨ ਭੇਖ ਗਿਆਨ ਫਿਰਤ ਫਿਰਤ ਧਰਤ ਧਰਤ ਧਰਚਰੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

Jog ḏẖi­ān bẖėkẖ gi­ān firaṯ firaṯ ḏẖaraṯ ḏẖaraṯ ḏẖarcẖarī. ||1|| rahā­o.

The Yogis and meditators, religious and spiritual teachers roam and ramble, wandering endlessly all over the earth. ||1||Pause||

ਅਹੰ ਅਹੰ ਅਹੈ ਅਵਰ ਮੂੜ ਮੂੜ ਮੂੜ ਬਵਰਈ ॥

Ahaʼn ahaʼn ahai avar mūṛ mūṛ mūṛ bavra­ī.

They are egotistical, self-centered and conceited, foolish, stupid, idiotic and insane.

ਜਤਿ ਜਾਤ ਜਾਤ ਜਾਤ ਸਦਾ ਸਦਾ ਸਦਾ ਸਦਾ ਕਾਲ ਹਈ ॥੧॥

Jaṯ jāṯ jāṯ jāṯ saḏā saḏā saḏā saḏā kāl ha­ī. ||1||

Wherever they go and wander, death is always with them, forever and ever and ever and ever. ||1||

ਮਾਨੁ ਮਾਨੁ ਮਾਨੁ ਤਿਆਗਿ ਮਿਰਤੁ ਮਿਰਤੁ ਨਿਕਟਿ ਨਿਕਟਿ ਸਦਾ ਹਈ ॥

Mān mān mān ṯi­āg miraṯ miraṯ nikat nikat saḏā ha­ī.

Give up your pride and stubborn self-conceit; death, yes, death, is always close and near at hand.

ਹਰਿ ਹਰੇ ਹਰੇ ਭਾਜੁ ਕਹਤੁ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਸੁਨਹੁ ਰੇ ਮੂੜ ਬਿਨੁ ਭਜਨ ਭਜਨ ਭਜਨ ਅਹਿਲਾ ਜਨਮੁ ਗਈ ॥੨॥੫॥੫੦॥੧੨॥੬੨॥

Har harė harė bẖāj kahaṯ Nānak sunhu rė mūṛ bin bẖajan bẖajan bẖajan ahilā janam ga­ī. ||2||5||50||12||62||

Vibrate and meditate on the Lord, Har, Haray, Haray. Says Nanak, listen you fool: without vibrating, and meditating, and dwelling on Him, your life is uselessly wasting away. ||2||5||50||12||62||

NOW CAN ADMIN PLEASE DELETE THIS TOPIC

THANK YOU.