The Independant Women Of Today?

JustME

i was reading something very interesting today so i just thought id share some of my thoughts..........Growing up in a liberal and very westerised background i was given the freedom that would aqquate to a mans......i would do everything in my power to ensure the motto remained "anything a man can do a woman can do better"..........but when thinking back..........when did i become in-equal to man? :s if i was never in-equal then where did the need to become equal come from?

However in every society there exists the inequality between sexes outside of religion but in work places, society, families, culture etc etc.............i feel this is the root cause of the rebelion that arose in women who were suppressed because of their sex. Heres begins the tread of "following the crowd" U can sympathise with women who come from a suppressed background..............who then go to make wrong decisions in their lives simply because of their life circumstaces...........but why do.........girls seek "freedom" when we were never supressed in the first place?

We see someone acting out of character and come from conservate background suddenly cutting kes getting tattoes, drinking clubbing smoking etc etc etc.........and its almost like a part of the brain makes us attractive the the "fun" and "danger" element of "acting out of the norm" and many times women who are straying from sikhi and the general path of morality are not actually doing it because they want to it but simply because its "what women are doing in todays modern society"

YES women are oppressed, and oftern segregated and persecuted in society but why must those, like myself who actually had a good, liberal, secure upbringing, make ourselves to be some sort of victim to a life that is not in fact ours.............yet we mould our ways and being to fit in to this..........

i guess what im trying to say is that when u actually sit down and assess your actions and analyse ur behaviour and actions and intent...............you realise that the idea of a new age woman is not nessecarily the best kind of woman to be.........and is actually someone you never actually needed or wanted to be.....

Bhul Chuck Maafi

wow what an amazing article. that really does shed light on a few issues. i can kind of understand why supressed girls want to rebel. yeah and ive heard loads of time-'the guys do it why cant i?' there has to be a balance i think with both ones sons and daughters. but thanks for the article.

Well said but i think there is a need for ladies to stand up and want to be counted, but as you say i feel society has taken that need and produuced something else entirly.

In many ways a women is of higher importance than a man, but society and the norm for a lady is what the older generation was trying to surpress. nowerdays a women brings the family name down as much as man ... our orlder generation are wary of what the neighbours, the dhannas, the makans, the basi's the Sidus would say and would surpress the girl because she was seen as the vurnrable one but iss also a a women that can lift the family name bring them from the gutter and raise the families head. its happened in so many cases.

its todays society and its norm factor. look what it has done to sikhi as a whole... i was in Punjabi in April and what i heard most from the older generation was that in the olden days the sikhi in Punjab was Phuki (strong) and our Gurdwaraee were Katche ( Weak and broken) but now our GUru Kar are strong but our sikhi is Katche.

Society inforces the norm it there for incorporates the veiws of what is socially acceptable. these arte taught in schools and then we get a few that become fundemental

ohmy.gif

"and its almost like a part of the brain makes us attractive the the "fun" and "danger" element of "acting out of the norm" and many times women who are straying from sikhi and the general path of morality are not actually doing it because they want to it but simply because its "what women are doing in todays modern society"

I think you have summed it up very well in those words. We actually agree on something omg let me go an lie down... tongue.gif

i was reading something very interesting today so i just thought id share some of my thoughts..........

....................you realise that the idea of a new age woman is not nessecarily the best kind of woman to be.........and is actually someone you never actually needed or wanted to be.....

Bhul Chuck Maafi

Thank you for a thought provoking post :s

If the world outside is in a Trumoil, one cannot hope to live in this same world without the Turmoil affecting him/her. Perhaps because you yourself are a female and can easily relate to the oppressed females you are infact taking upon their cause even though you yourself have experience neither oppression nor persecution. It is perhaps our human nature to be sympathetic towards others and if we have a common bond with the other we are more inclined to do so.

Many White men took upon the cause of Slavery alongside Black men even though they were not slaves. Perhaps you are not fighting to free yourself from oppression or lack of inequality, but perhaps in your actions you are voicing those women who are indeed oppressed.