Summon Me & I Will Summon, Parkash Singh Badal, Avtar Singh Makkar And Singh Sahibaan To Takhat Sri Patna Sahib

How is the Nanakshahi Calander different from the Bikrami? The names of the months are exactly the same, all they have done is standardised the dates so they fall on the same date every year. So to say that Nanakshahi moves them away from the Hindu calander is just ridiculous.

If you want a completely Sikh calander, make up new names for the months, which will also mean you change the refferences to the months in Guru Granth Sahib too. lol.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sarpanch how do you know the Nanakshahi calendar is supported widely in the west? I dont support, in fact i think its one of the dumbest things the sgpc have done recently. i have yet to meet any Sikhs in the west or UK who say they thnks its a good idea.

and this "hindu calendar" , why if the Gurus saw no need to invent or reform bikrmi samant, the athiests of the sgpc think they need to?

have a new calender by all means - but dont lie to guru sahib saying today is sangraand when accprding to the calender its not.

everytime they do ardas of sangrand at darbar sahib they are now lying to guru sahib becuase it is not sangrand on that day...

do we want our new calendar based on lies????

check out this katha >>> http://www.gurbaniupdesh.com/multimedia/04...0Mahatam-03.mp3

One quick thing. If The Gurus did everything according to the Bikrami Calendar. What was the use of the Nanakshahi Calender. Obviously if the Guru's disapproved then a new calender would have been created like mohammed did by creating hte Hijra calendar

Very Very Very good point... if it was good enough for our Guru's, why is it not good enough for us?

If a rifle was good enough for Guru Gobind Singh ji,why should Sikhs keep modern weapons, Sikhs always move with the times, we don't want the old calendar no more Akal Thakt the SUPREME authority recognises Nanakshahi calendar,so you can't argue ,some of the people who commented here are the very same ones who go on about Akal Thakt said this it said that ,why not agree with this

Well there are loads of loonies managing Akal Takhat these days, they are trying the supreme seat to their advantage, this is no authority this is stupid low-life people behind the akal Takhat, this is the reason that most of the people dont follow their rules. Yes, if it had been a Sant, Braham Giani or someone who is proper Gursikh, we would obey orders, but because of these loonies no ones bothered, I certainly am not!