Summon Me & I Will Summon, Parkash Singh Badal, Avtar Singh Makkar And Singh Sahibaan To Takhat Sri Patna Sahib

^^ lol

oooh oooooh can i be july???

i heard hindus speak punjabi too!!!!!!!!!!!

someone ring the akal takath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please lets see someone change the names of the months, which as stated above remain the same as in the 'hindu calendar'.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a rifle was good enough for Guru Gobind Singh ji,why should Sikhs keep modern weapons, Sikhs always move with the times, we don't want the old calendar no more Akal Thakt the SUPREME authority recognises Nanakshahi calendar,so you can't argue ,some of the people who commented here are the very same ones who go on about Akal Thakt said this it said that ,why not agree with this

How can you compare weapons to a calender? not a great comparison by any stretch of the imagination..... do you accept every single decision made by 'sevadars' of Akaal Takht?

nanakshahi calendar was made to distinct sikhs from hindus....

made by who? (rhetorical question) If Guru Sahib wanted a diff calendar, He would have created it... there's no need for it... doesn't mean if we follow the other calendar we're all hindus... followin a certain type of calendar doesn't distinguish the faith we follow...

found topic on old tapoban forum discussing this, some gd points raised:

http://www.tapoban.org/phorum/read.php?f=1...180&t=27813

some include:

- maharaj has not told us anywhere that we must adhere to bikrami calendar. i.e no written hukam

- aparently bikrami calendar is organised by pandits in hardwar, therefore we answer to them when it comes to finalising the dates of our gurpurbs

- very gd point made about units of measurements and how we dont use units of measurements like stated in gurbani eg khin, Gharreeyaan and Pehar.

question undoubtably arises, are we doing wrong by using modern day measurements like minutes, seconds, kilograms etc ?

feel free to do veechar on points mentioned, that thread was a interesting read.

another thought also comes to mind, isnt this just another excuse for a boxing match between sant samaj/sampardeh and sgpc and scholars etc?