An Apology from Istanbul Airport Head

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

With Waheguru'z kirpa, we have succeeded in getting an apology from Turkish Airport Authority for the their ignorant and disrespectful attitude towards Sikh turbon.And Futher try is on to meet with the Minister of Tourism, Turkey or other officials to make them aware about the sikhism.

We have achieved this with help of Hari Singh veer ji, who is the coordinator of Sikh Action Group, UK and whose efforts and dedication for the panth is highly commendable and i'm really thankful to him.

I'm thankful to sadh sangat also for their constant support and interest which always encouraged me to strive for this achievement.

Following is the draft we got from Turkish Tourist Authority:

"We as a recognized Turkish Tourist Authority recognize the rights of all individuals to a private search facility if they require it and can assure you that this is the accept policy of the Ministry of Tourism and Culture. We can confirm that any person who enters Turkey will have their personal rights respected at all airports and that Turkey is keen to encourage peoples of all religions to visit our nation. People wearing turbans will not be forced to remove these in public if they do not want to and that a separate private room is provided for these types of circumstances.

I, on behalf of the head of Istanbul Airport apologies if your community member has not been treated in the correct manner and we will make sure that the relevant member of staff is updated with the correct procedure that should have been used."

das,

Vaneet

Singh