3ho Gets A Haircut

SaRpAnCh

Guest peacemaker
Seriously though, there is no point of keeping kesh if you're not going to live like a gursikh. So I guess it was better for him cut his hair instead of keeping kesh not behave like a gursikh.

I don't always. blush21.gif Should I go find a barber shop, preferably with someone named Mohamed working there, and ask them to cut my hair and make bad jokes while being filmed?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously though, there is no point of keeping kesh if you're not going to live like a gursikh. So I guess it was better for him cut his hair instead of keeping kesh not behave like a gursikh.

I don't always. blush21.gif Should I go find a barber shop, preferably with someone named Mohamed working there, and ask them to cut my hair and make bad jokes while being filmed?

Sure, why not? :)rolleyes.gif

But really though, judging by the guy based on the video, it was obvious he wasn't spirituality mature enough to keep kesh. The fact he made video outta of this, shows a lot about his character.

Do you want a guy like that rep Sikhi?

punjabi 'sikhs' have been knwn to have shaved their hair, drink, do drugs and alot of bad things,

Veerjee, everbody knows that there are bad apples in every community whether its any Punjabi sikh jatha or social 3ho organization.

in 1984 they went against our own people and plotted against our own Dharam.

I am not sure which side u r talking about...

in 1947 and before they contributed to masacares of their own people. ...............

Its the fault of the govt system. It was the huge fault of British who took the decision knowing that the outcome of their decision will be grave to the ppl of Punjab. Its not the faults of punjabis at all :)

in america, in england bad things have been done, but those individuals only tarnish their own jeevan, the Dharma is as pure as Guru Gobind Singh bestowed upon us.

From Guru Nanak dev ji to Guru Gobind Singh jee.. all of their teachings bestowed sikhi to khalsa regardless of khalsa's relation with any jathabandi, group, membership organization etc...

i think this video should stay up and actually should be shown to as many people as possible.

Here is why:

He makes one good point, his appearnace and his lifestyle did not go together. this is actually taught by sikhi, that our actions define us. A person in sikhi saroop should live in such a way as to represent a sant sipahi, the guru's own image. A sikhi in sikhi saroop should live a lifestyle according to gurmat, if one does not, then its no different than a pundit doing pakhand or wearing religious robes or a yogi who is consumed by the panj vikaars.

Another reason why thsi video should be left up is that, I started keeping kesh on my head about two years ago now. I wear a pag to work for 1 year now. I still trim my beard and its starting to make me feel like garbage when i trim it. I feel ashamed many many times.

seeing this video hurt me, it hurt me to see a sikh abandon kesh. and this pain, proves to me that when i do kesh katal, i am wrong.

this video will help those trying to come towards sikhi, because a person who has pyaar for sikhi will use this as a motivator to keep kesh, not to cut it.

yes, people looking for an excuse to cut kesh will use this video for their own agenda, but those people will use anything as an excuse for cutting kesh.

that guy looked so beautiful with kesh and dastaar, wow, what a difference.

guru sahibs roop truly is amazing.

i'm awe struck by guru sahib's roop, it's beyond words. this video is, in a way, amazing.

bhul chuk muaaf

peace.

I know allot of people aint going to like my reply but here goes. Kesh within Sikhi and throughout India has great respect, a Keshdhari carries the honour and nobility of a warrior and a saint. If this person didnt appreciate the symbolism of Kesh then he was just another guy with long hair.

What the important thing to look at is, what made this person remove his kesh and lose his Sikh identity. To call him an <banned word filter activated> is ridiculous because it does no one any favours, to take such a step is a big thing, and any name calling isnt going to make him feel guilty because he would have thought through all this before he did it. For a non sikh from a non punjabi background, to adopt a brand new religion and take on such a physical change is not an easy thing to do, to go against social and family norms he must be fairly immune to criticism.

There are many people like him around the world, he has chosen to make a video of it and make it public. If people wish to stop kesh cutting then there needs to be parchar which makes people adopt kesh through their own choice and appreciation of what Kesh symbolises, and not through emotional blackmail which later on leads them cutting it anyway.

If people have pyar for their Dharam and for their lifestyle this will never happen, but the sad fact is, even in religion there are people who are pushed to the sidelines through politics, backbiting, clash of egos and a path which once embraced them has turned its back on them.