Non -Amritdharis and Naam Simran

this discussion is actually pretty stupid. many have said that naam simran is for everyone. Bhai Gurdas is openly said "Waheguru Gurmantar Hai Japp Haumai Koee" and "Pratham Rehat Yeh Jaan Khanday Ki Pahul Chakay" which also tells that first step is to take Amrit not fifth. We get Naam by taking Amrit and by doing Naam we get Nimarata. Humility comes after Amrit. Anyone can do Simran but real way can only be taught by Panj Pyare, until then just keep reciting. those who are quoting from "Se Kineheya" book of Sant Harnam Singh Ji must also know that a disable person was brought to Sant Ji and Sant Ji whispered "Waheguru" in his ear. That disable person started saying "waheguru waheguru". even though he couldn't say it clearly but it surely made the effect and when he became healthy he took Amrit. and those who want page number of this sakhi-------------just start reading that book and you will find it.

"Veer jee, I never said anything about not doing mool mantar!"

Panj Pyare tell you what mool mantar is. don't they? so without taking amrit one shouldn't read mool mantar either. right?

"In fact a non amritdhari would be best served doing a lot of mool mantars and reading a lot of bani. This will produce the most phal, a lot more than simran before amrit."

how do you know? I always thought it was up to Guru Ji to decide who gets how much phal and laha.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im Non-Amritdhari and i luv doing Naam Simran, our Gurus' encouraged us all to do Naam jap.

I really hate this: People always think that if your a munna sikh (Im not munna) your not meant to do paat or wake up amrit vella and that munnay can get away with not doing it, these are the same people that think that Amritdharis are the ones that are meant to do paat and not Non-Amritdharis'

If you got your hair cut or your a Non-Amritdhari it doesnt matter. Naam japing is for all, even for people of different religions.

If your saying you dont do Naam Japing because your a munna...

or

saying that a Non-Amritdhari has no duty doing so...

... then thats just an excuse for not doing in the first place. Its up to the indivdual if he/she wants to do it or not. But I also feel that if you give up Naam Japing your giving up >50% of what Sikhi is about.

I feel the same way RUPZ. Should not discourage anyone from doing something positive with their lives.

There was a story on this forum a while ago about a Sant who was approached by an alcoholic. The Sant told him to wake up and do simran at amrit vela. The alcoholic told the Sant that he will try to do this but still will keep drinking. The Sant said OK but just keep waking up at amrit vela and keep doing simran. The alcohlic kept waking up at amrit vela and slowly but surely he stopped drinking completely and became an amrit dhari. I don't know about other people but I think this is a huge change for the better!

Ignore those people that discourage you from doing something positive :wub:

Bhul chuk Maaf

I feel the same way RUPZ. Should not discourage anyone from doing something positive with their lives.

There was a story on this forum a while ago about a Sant who was approached by an alcoholic. The Sant told him to wake up and do simran at amrit vela. The alcoholic told the Sant that he will try to do this but still will keep drinking. The Sant said OK but just keep waking up at amrit vela and keep doing simran. The alcohlic kept waking up at amrit vela and slowly but surely he stopped drinking completely and became an amrit dhari. I don't know about other people but I think this is a huge change for the better!

Ignore those people that discourage you from doing something positive :wub:

Bhul chuk Maaf

Wow thats a nice story. B)

waheguru jee ka khalsa! waheguru jee kee fateh!

innnnnnnteresting...

i might have missed reading this is someone elses post but i thought that the meaning of the word "simran" should be clarified before any arguments are made.

simran= remembrance of God

naam=the name

you can remember God in any way, you can think about God, you can repeat a gurmantar...whatever way you chose.

now for naam simran when it comes to sikhs. The punjh piyaaray give you the gurumantar that bani mentions... 'Waheguru Gur Mantar Hai Jap Homay Khoyee"

So the punjh piyaaray (THE GURU HIMSELF IN THEIR ROOP) give you the Gurumantar. does Guru Jee give you the gurumantar at that time because there are some ppl that might not know, or is it because it is meant to be something special for amrit dharees only.

i think what some ppl dont' know and should know is that naam simran was never done in sangath before. it's just something that recently started. naam simran is meant to be an individual effort. naam simran and the gurumantar was only really known to non-amritdharees when they themself gave their head to the Guru.

BEcause naam simran is done everywhere now...ppl are starting to forget the line "WAheguru Gur Mantar hai jup Homay Koyee"

so for those who haven't yet taken amrit and do naam simran then you have to remember the one who gave you the gurumantar...and plan to...SOON...give your head to that Guru.

We all love looking from the outside...but no one is ready to step in.

I think it's GREAT that ppl are doing simran through the gurmantar that Guru Sahib Jee has given us. But we all have to try a

nd make serious changes in our lives before it is fruitful (amrit dharee or not). We have to make choices in our life that will benefit the simran that we do. When it comes to kaam krodh lobh moh and hukaar...we have to stop the thought before it comes by making choices in our life that will keep those thoughts away from us. example, stop watching TV...# 1 source of kaam. dress simply...try to read bani and really understand why we are here and understand what this body really is...to get rid of attachment. Simran is for everyone, but it is only fruitful if we make everything around us simran. If we surround ourselves with those things that remind us of God.

I think ppl need to start making their priority amrit. before worrying about simran being fruitful or not if your not amrit dharee...worry about dying before you get the chance to give your head to the Guru.

okay i have gone way off topic...if i have offended anyone...bhul chuck maaf karna jee

bismaadh kaur

Guest SikhForLife
i might have missed reading this is someone elses post but i thought that the meaning of the word "simran" should be clarified before any arguments are made.

simran= remembrance of God

naam=the name

you can remember God in any way, you can think about God, you can repeat a gurmantar...whatever way you chose.

now for naam simran when it comes to sikhs. The punjh piyaaray give you the gurumantar that bani mentions... 'Waheguru Gur Mantar Hai Jap Homay Khoyee"

So the punjh piyaaray (THE GURU HIMSELF IN THEIR ROOP) give you the Gurumantar. does Guru Jee give you the gurumantar at that time because there are some ppl that might not know, or is it because it is meant to be something special for amrit dharees only.

i think what some ppl dont' know and should know is that naam simran was never done in sangath before. it's just something that recently started. naam simran is meant to be an individual effort. naam simran and the gurumantar was only really known to non-amritdharees when they themself gave their head to the Guru.

BEcause naam simran is done everywhere now...ppl are starting to forget the line "WAheguru Gur Mantar hai jup Homay Koyee"

so for those who haven't yet taken amrit and do naam simran then you have to remember the one who gave you the gurumantar...and plan to...SOON...give your head to that Guru.

We all love looking from the outside...but no one is ready to step in.

I think it's GREAT that ppl are doing

simran through the gurmantar that Guru Sahib Jee has given us. But we all have to try and make serious changes in our lives before it is fruitful (amrit dharee or not). We have to make choices in our life that will benefit the simran that we do. When it comes to kaam krodh lobh moh and hukaar...we have to stop the thought before it comes by making choices in our life that will keep those thoughts away from us. example, stop watching TV...# 1 source of kaam. dress simply...try to read bani and really understand why we are here and understand what this body really is...to get rid of attachment. Simran is for everyone, but it is only fruitful if we make everything around us simran. If we surround ourselves with those things that remind us of God.

good post,

thats pretty much what Bhai sahib bhai 'sant' singh ji maskeeen said when i asked him a similar question last week about naam simran

• 2 weeks later...