Chant Of "satnaam Waheguru"

In Sri Sukhmani Sahib we read that "dehi meh is ka bisraaam" ie the Naam is present inside the body of every human being. When we are given the amrit-water by Guroo roop Punj, this naam within our body GETS ACTIVATED. Before this, this naam was kind of locked.

After being blessed with amrit-water, we are then blessed with the gurmantar and the proper gurmat way of reciting gurmantar(gurmantar-drirhh).

Both gur-bani and gur-mantar are very powerful forms of Naam. Gur-mantar is the most powerful mantar EVER.

By doing abhiyaas of gur-bani and gur-mantarr, we keep on washing our sins and keep on increasing the naam- khazana thats present inside our dehi(body) and one day become the very roop of naami i e. Akal purakh.

In my limited understanding, Gurmantar means that mantar given by Guru Ji to his Sikh. Khande Batte Da Amrit is the formal initiation of a person to become a Sikh of Guru Sahib. Before this, we are 'nigurey', after giving our heads at Amrit Sanchar we become 'Guru waley'. At this time, Guru Ji gives his Sikhs the highest of all mantars - that which will lead to mukti - Gurmantar. It isn't cheap - we pay for it with our heads!

In effect, until we take Amrit, we don't have a guru. (This is not exclusive to Sikhi - every guru-disciple relationship, in any Dharm, begins with initiation.)

I honestly feel that Pahul is very much different than other forms of initiation. Amritdhari Khalsa is more than just a disciple. He is Guru Roop Khalsa. Khalsa is not looking for mukti only, he will root out tyranny and make world a better place and give mukti to others through Guru Naam. Khalsa is representative of parbrahm on earth. Cosmic energy flows through Khalsa, it enters him through Khande da amrit. Khalsa is not accountable for his actions. Even Yamraj bows before him. However i am not sure if such a Khalsa exists nowdays.

I don't mean to be dismissive..but really I dont see the point of arguing or debating about this....maybe i am such a moorakh that i don't understand...Baba Jagjit Singh Ji Harkwaleh tells the sangat to say satnam sri waheguru...how can that be wrong....how can i complain about gursikhs with such high avastha who tell sangat to repeat satnam sri waheguru.....

just thought....the amount of naam i actually could have japped instead of reading and responding this thread..........(kicks herself)

the word waheguru is the praise of the guru. the wonderful guru because he connects you to GOD.

EKONKAAR SATNAAM, the first words guru nanak dev ji uttered, that there is only 1 GOD and truth is his name.

infact, once you progress in spirituality, you find that silence is greater than any other word.

In reality, GOD doesnt have a name. In physical part, guru ji told us to remmeber him by the name of SATNAAM, because he is the only truth and eternal, rest is all temperory and will eventually perish.