3 Q's on sikhi

Guest rsingh

Guest rsingh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

there are 3 Q's a little bro wants to know, if u guys can help thanks. :T:

Q1. why is the colour orange inportanat to vasakhi?

Q2.what is the purpose of Matha tekh to Guru Granth Sahib?

Q3. Why do people do Parkarma?

i got my theories but id like toknow your answers. ^_^

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

there are 3 Q's a little bro wants to know, if u guys can help thanks. :T:

i got my theories but id like toknow your answers. ^_^

Q1 - Considered to be color of Sikhi - kesri

Q2 - Respect to the Guru - as

'Gur bin Mukht na hoa'

Q3 -their Sharda

please forgive me if I have answered something wrong :@

bhulkl chukk maf

GurFAteh

Please forgive me if i make mistakese while talking about these 3 questions.

The Kesri Rung (orange color) signifies Sacrifice. Sikhs have made many sacrifices and Baisakhi is such an important day in Sikh History when 5 Sikhs stood up to the call and gave their heads to the Guru. On this day, Guru Gobind Singh Ji taught a unique way to live the life, love and sacrifice.

I have a cd by Prof. Darshan Singh Ji and he explains the cocept of Matha Tekh in deatial. It would be better if you listen to this cd. I remember lil bit of it. Mathe vich Matt hundi aa. When we go to Gurdwara, sometimes we matha tek with a dollar. Once that dollor is put in the golak, that dollar belongs to Guru Ji. We cannot say, "that dollar is mine" because now it has become Guru Ji's. Same thing goes with matha tek. We have our mat ( thinking) in our matha (forehead, head), and when we put this matha in front of Guru Ji (touch the floor) we are actually giving our mat (thinking) to Guru Ji, just like a dollar. Now once, we have done matha tek, our mat is no more ours becau

se we have given it to Guru Ji, but in return, we ask Guru Ji his mat, "Guru Ji, meri mat lai lao, te aapni de deo". Just like after putting a dollar in front of Guru Ji does not belong us anymore, same way, after matha tek, outrmat does not belong to us either.

Parkarma has a very deep signifance. In our everyday life, we need someone to guide us. No matter where we go, whatever we do, we always need guidance from our Guru Ji. Parkarma is walking in a circular way. No matter what point on a circle you are at, you will always be at an equal distance from the Center, radius. In this case, our center is Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, and when we do parkarma (walking in a circular way), it means, Guru Ji is the folcal point, the center of our lives, no matter what direction we are at, where we are at, how fast we go, how slow we are in our lives, or even if we stop, Guru Sahib will always be the center of our lives.

bhul chuk di khima.....

The Kesri Rung (orange color) signifies Sacrifice. Sikhs have made many sacrifices and Baisakhi is such an important day in Sikh History when 5 Sikhs stood up to the call and gave their heads to the Guru. On this day, Guru Gobind Singh Ji taught a unique way to live the life, love and sacrifice.

I have a cd by Prof. Darshan Singh Ji and he explains the cocept of Matha Tekh in deatial. It would be better if you listen to this cd. I remember lil bit of it. Mathe vich Matt hundi aa. When we go to Gurdwara, sometimes we matha tek with a dollar. Once that dollor is put in the golak, that dollar belongs to Guru Ji. We cannot say, "that dollar is mine" because now it has become Guru Ji's. Same thing goes with matha tek. We have

our mat ( thinking) in our matha (forehead, head), and when we put this matha in front of Guru Ji (touch the floor) we are actually giving our mat (thinking) to Guru Ji, just like a dollar. Now once, we have done matha tek, our mat is no more ours because we have given it to Guru Ji, but in return, we ask Guru Ji his mat, "Guru Ji, meri mat lai lao, te aapni de deo". Just like after putting a dollar in front of Guru Ji does not belong us anymore, same way, after matha tek, outrmat does not belong to us either.

Parkarma has a very deep signifance. In our everyday life, we need someone to guide us. No matter where we go, whatever we do, we always need guidance from our Guru Ji. Parkarma is walking in a circular way. No matter what point on a circle you are at, you will always be at an equal distance from the Center, radius. In this case, our center is Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, and when we do parkarma (walking in a circular way), it means, Guru Ji is the folcal point, the center of our lives, no matter what direction we are at, where we are at, how fast we go, how slow we are in our lives, or even if we stop, Guru Sahib will always be the center of our lives.

bhul chuk di khima.....

^_^^_^^_^^_^

I have a cd by Prof. Darshan Singh Ji and he explains the cocept of Matha Tekh in deatial. It would be better if you listen to this cd. I remember lil bit of it. Mathe vich Matt hundi aa. When we go to Gurdwara, sometimes we matha tek with a dollar. Once that dollor is put in the golak, that dollar belongs to Guru Ji. We cannot say, "that dollar is mine" because now it has become Guru Ji's. Same thing goes with matha tek. We have our mat ( thinking) in our matha (forehead, head), and when we put this matha in front of Guru Ji (touch the floor) we are actually giving our mat (thinking) to Guru Ji, just like a dollar. Now once, we have done matha tek, our mat is no more ours because we have given it to Guru Ji, but in return, we ask Guru Ji his mat, "Guru Ji, meri mat lai lao, te aapni de deo". Just like after putting a dollar in front of Guru Ji does not belong us anymore, same way, after matha tek, outrmat does not belong to us either."

NICE ^_^

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I have a cd by Prof. Darshan Singh Ji and he explains the cocept of Matha Tekh in deatial. It would be better if you listen to this cd. I remember lil bit of it. Mathe vich Matt hundi aa. When we go to Gurdwara, sometimes we matha tek with a dollar. Once that dollor is put in the golak, that dollar belongs to Guru Ji. We cannot say, "that dollar is mine" because now it has become Guru Ji's. Same thing goes with matha tek. We have our mat ( thinking) in our matha (forehead, head), and when we put this matha in front of Guru Ji (touch the floor) we are actually giving our mat (thinking) to Guru Ji, just like a dollar. Now once, we have done matha tek, our mat is no more ours because we have given it to Guru Ji, but in return, we ask Guru Ji his mat, "Guru Ji, meri mat lai lao, te aapni de deo". Just like after putting a dollar in front of Guru Ji does not belong us anymore, same way, after matha tek, outrm

at does not belong to us either.

bhul chuk di khima.....

i agree with this. also the significance of math tekh na is a way of showing respect, and as a statement of puting ur ego behind and giving ur head to guru ji. thus u can gain the enlightenment from guru ji to find ur way to akal purak